Old August 11, 2001, 05:51   #241
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 13:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Kass, youīve done a great job with the Admin post.
I think Iīll join your "goofing around"
The Cult has probably previously ask the help from the planetary council, but to no avail...

Open Message
To: Planetary Council

Donīt you people know anything else except quarreling for power? Canīt you see, or do you even care what is happening on the western continent?
17 years ago, as you know, the Believers launched their third crusade. And as the two previous, without any provocation from our side. This is a pure genocide war, the d*mn fanatics wanīt us dead because we donīt believe in their God, and honor the native life as much as human life. We have seen whole generations of humans and mindworms being devoured by this Endless War, so please, help us stop this genocide.
We are not monsters, do not believe the lies of our enemies. The truth is, we value native life as much earth-based life. But we, the humans, are quilty here. Humanity came here on this planet like a plaque and started plundering it, destroying the native life and its home. Our enemies hate us because we are willing to sacrifise our lives for this nature, because they donīt understand it. They only want to destroy it. So we give the native life an equality, and we do not try to make everyone else follow the same rules as we do. Our first war operation on foreign ground was when we sent troops to the eastern continent, to help the peacekeepers. And that was all, we havenīt attacked anyone, but we have been always a target of aggression from various factions, and only because our ideologies are so different...

Last edited by Cyber; August 11, 2001 at 06:02.
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2001, 11:01   #242
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:27

Whoa! I think though that I'll save my diplomatic shots for the game
Or maybe not.
Anyway, Natan is missing a lot
Old August 11, 2001, 11:05   #243
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

The Peacekeepers will definitely pick up on some of the stuff in Cha Dawn's message, but I unfortunately don't have time to post it right now... (Back later...)
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2001, 11:10   #244
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
The Peacekeepers will definitely pick up on some of the stuff in Cha Dawn's message, but I unfortunately don't have time to post it right now... (Back later...)
That sounds like a certain anonymous humanitarian organization is going to take sides?
Old August 11, 2001, 12:03   #245
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

That's a negative at this time, but we WILL agree with them that you have no right to exterminate them just for being different and call for you Believers to explain your position... (hopefully you will have a different explanation for the current crusade...)
Old August 11, 2001, 13:27   #246
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:27
Well... since everything is decided. How about we start tomorrow at 1200?
Is LMP ok with that?
Old August 11, 2001, 14:35   #247
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 06:27
If I remeber it correctly, the cult of planet attacked the Spartans because they were polluters. They only came to the Eastern continent to take advantage of the Spartan-Alliance war. Now the Spartans have long memories. No peace was ever signed with the cult. So therefore the Spartans will do whatever it takes to run the COP into the ground and have cha dawn in a Believer punishment sphere. Go back and read some of Blake's old Cult posts.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2001, 16:48   #248
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Is that 12:00 GMT or EST? And I still need LordLMP to authorize my new bases.
Is it necessary to be online exactly when the game starts?

What comes to the explanation of the current crusade...

General Message
To: Commissioner Pravin Lal
Subject: The Third Crusade

First of all, I would like to correct some prejudice the name of our current campaign has brought up. Unlike it's predecessors this Crusade is not an ideological campaign. Our interests are merely self-preserving.
You, Commissioner, might consider "provocation" as a situation where a military unit of faction A intrudes the territory of faction B, or some other act of such nature.
The provocation of Cult of Planet was more of a subtle version, one which even the keen eye of our current Planetary Governor does not seem to identify.
First of all, the Believer bases are known for their intolerance and, I dare say, weakness against attacks made by native lifeforms.
I would like to ask you, Commissioner, to add up some matters.

One: Cult of Planet, familiar and able with native-life at utmost extent.

Two: A faction dispised by planetary dignitaries as it's neighbour.

Three: Cha Dawn's old hate for Crusades, which I think weren't so necessary.

Four: "Strangely" increased activity of mind worms and spore launchers at Far Jericho and other bases near Cult border.

With some "fuzzy" math, everyone can find the result. I find your definitions of "provocation" somewhat amusing, Commissioner.
I urge you to withdraw from the area between the borderlines at the Western Continent, and let two independent factions solve their matters alone.

God Bless You.
Old August 11, 2001, 18:29   #249
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

General Message
To: Sister Miriam Godwinson
Cc: Planetary Council
Subject: The Third Crusade

So, in other words, the Believers felt provoked in that they were repeatedly attacked by native life forms and suspected Cult involvement.

Well, IF this was the Cult's doing, it would certainly be a provocation.
You have provided a definition of a "provocation" as a situation where a military unit of faction A intrudes the territory of faction B, or some other act of such nature. Now, I do not know where you got this definition from, as it certainly wasn't from me, but as you can see, the situation you describe would be a provocation according to this definition. (Hence, I am somewhat perplexed by your appearent opposition to the definition...)

If the Cult was indeed behind such attacks in Believers' territory, then even the Peacekeepers will acknowledge that the Believers have been justified in taking appropriate action to defend themselves. However, an endless war like the one we're seeing here is not an appropriate action. While I agree that this matter is for the two of you to settle between the two of you, I must insist that you find some other way to settle it. When the U.N. is satisfied that the matter has been resolved and that the civilians we are currently protecting are no longer in danger, then we will withdraw our forces. Whether that will be next year or a hundred years from now is not within my powers to decide.

Thank you for sharing your views with us, sister.
My own view should come as no surprise, but I will state it anyway: after 17 years of war and with still no resolution in sight, I do believe the time is ripe for trying a different approach. Accordingly, I call upon you both to immediately end hostilities and initiate peace talks. The sooner you can get this matter resolved in a civilized manner, the sooner the Peacekeeping Forces will leave your borders.

Last edited by Guardian; August 11, 2001 at 18:41.
Old August 11, 2001, 20:13   #250
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Its 12:00 Apolyton Time... It might start a little before or after, however, It won't start until LMP authorizes your new bases...

No you do not have to be online when the game starts, that would be a cruel rule

Anyways, within about 2 days, SMAC Fanatic should return and be able to play the Believers.

Zakaharov
Note to All

The technologies that everyone except our faction and the Cyborg's possess are inferior. We each have 1 better technology, and possibly 2 better technologies.

Thus you should all bow to Zakharov as your leader because intelligence is an important quality in a Planetary Governor.
Old August 11, 2001, 22:41   #251
Sprayber
Emperor

Is everyone running for PG?

Santiago wasn't interested in running at first. But some factions have contacted her privatly and she is considering the option. Just in case she does enter as a last minute candidate, you should know that a vote for Santiago would be a vote for stability. She would make sure that the council refrains from intruding on the internal affairs of the individual faction.

Santiago-For the independent minded faction.

*Paid For By : The Friends of Santiago*
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old August 12, 2001, 01:45   #252
[LordLMP]

You'll get your bases kass, same with Argonaut's. will also provide extra bases for the Free Drones.

Can start the Planetary Council thread atleast and then the Game thread day afterthat.
If SMAC Fanatic don't come back soon, will provide extra bases for the Gaians and Cyborgs in base in my opinion

So, before we start the game, is everyone okay with the histories? summaries? who has what for secret projects? etc?

every leader is a candidate technicly, but the main ones, the leaders seriously pushing for it, is Morgan, Roze and Lal.

Svensgaard isn't interested being Planetary Governor as he is to busy leading his own faction then watching over the bloody world :P so will be a big Doh! reaction if he gets voted to be Planetary Governor for some reason :P

As for voting system, will refigure it out, how many votes each faction as, etc....... I know that the Hive, Believers, Peacekeepers are the three big ones in votes. Most of the factions will have about the same amount of votes and the Cult the smallest amount :P due to pop wise, especially with this endless war going on :P
Old August 12, 2001, 02:19   #253
Sprayber
Emperor

A simple way would be to have it break down along these lines

Level 1 Population(small faction)= 1 vote
Level 2 Population(medium faction)=2 votes
Level 3 Population(large faction)=3 votes

+1 or 2 for Empath Guild
+1 or 2 for UN (It's in the game anyway)

Level 1 Factions

Cult of Planet
Cyborgs (maybe level 2)

Level 2 Factions
Spartans
Pirates
Data Angels
University (maybe level 1)
Morgan
Drone
Gaians

Level 3 Factions
Peecekeepers
Hive
Believers

This is just a suggestion.
Old August 12, 2001, 10:07   #254
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Okay, I will modify my Admin ASAP.
Sprayber: I'l start doing my math...

Quote:
Its 12:00 Apolyton Time...
That is GMT methinks.

BTW do Believers have any SP's? Should they have any SP's?
And Deirdre has the Empath Guild, correct?
Old August 12, 2001, 13:18   #255
[LordLMP]

Thinking more of breaking it down in five levels.

Level 5: Hive, Believers, Peacekeepers
Level 4: Pirates, Free Drones, Spartans
Level 3: Data Angels, University, Morgan
Level 2: Gaians, Cyborgs
Level 1: Cult of Planet

Pk Vote bonus: 2

Empath Guild bonus: 2

Longivity Vaccine bonus: 1 (why not? :P)

maybe a bonus vote for how many landmarks a faction controls? which is a average of one atleast per faction.

or a bonus for whatever field your number one at? Economy would be Morgan, Industry would be Free Drones, Probe to Angels, Ecology to Gaians, etc.... ? I will tally all the votes, so don't worry by being complicated :P

and so on.

Either that or votes is the equal amount of bases a faction have....but that would encourage Expansionism, which would lead to war soon or later.

Yes, PKs would have the most votes by themselves, but is still possible to beat them., as CEO Morgan proved last election.

Believers could have a SP, but which, hmmmm Believers not very high on the tech tree either.

Gaians have Weather Paradigm, Empath Guild, Pholus Mutagen, Second Xenoempathy dome.

Cult has: Xenoempathy Dome

Peacekeepers: Second Command Nexus

MOrgan: Merchant Exchange, Planetary Energy Grid

Pirates: Marinetime Control Center

Spartans: Second Weather Paradigm, Command Nexus

University: Human Genome Project?, Longivity Vaccine?, Planetary Datalinks?

Hive: Ascetic Virtues, Cyborg Factory(near completion)

Data Angels: Virtual World, Citizen's Defence Force, Hunter-Seeker Algorithm(joint with Cyborgs)

Cyborgs: Hunter-Seeker Algorithm(joint with angels), possibly working on Cyborg Factory or something else?

Believers: Theres the Planetary Transit System which could be nearing completion....or finished, past few years.

Free Drones: Cloudbase Academy

Can also invent a SP, with valid prequisite and bonuses.
Maybe some pop morale/police bonus?

Cult of Planet could have the Second Citizen's Defence Force...atleast tempory for the duration of the war?

-LordLMP
Old August 12, 2001, 15:26   #256
Sprayber
Emperor

It all sounds ok to me. I don't know about landmarks counting for votes though. But since Sparta has the Sunny Mesa, I won't raise a fuss about it.
Old August 12, 2001, 16:25   #257
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
I will tally all the votes, so don't worry by being complicated :P
I am not worried about that, I would just like a list of how many votes each faction gets before the election, so that I can do some arithmetics

Otherwise, tres bien.

Will add PTS to one of Believer bases, also a slight change of word use regarding terraforming (nothing big).
Old August 12, 2001, 16:29   #258
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

New PK bases...

Okay, I submit the following for your approval...

These are the new bases I've been mumbling about...

U.N. Temple of Sol, location 108, 66
Base is rebuilt.
This base really isn't new, but it was totally destroyed during the first Spartan war about 80 years ago. It was never properly rebuilt and repopulated until after the Second Spartan War was officially over.

One additional PK land base was founded in 2192 and that is U.N. Pillar of Rights, location 105,73

New PK sea bases:

U.N. Port Liberty, founded 2185, location 126,110

U.N. Safe Passage, founded 2195, location 94,94
Just off the Hive coast. I suspect Yang won't be too happy...
The base has the required facilities to serve as a forward base of operations for the U.N. Navy, but there is currently little activity in the area as we're trying to avoid any unnecessary provocations...

New Hope (PK outpost on Western Continent), location 13,89
Just southeast of Unity Wreckage, halfway between Spore Runner Sanctum and Far Jericho.

In addition, there is currently a PK naval task force at location 4,90 and another smaller one at location 18,86. Both these forces are moving around a bit, so not just sitting there. More like patrolling the area. -And yes, they will attempt to intercept any weapon shipments and stuff like that, but unlikely to use force to stop them.
(We'll think of something else... )

If there are no objections, I'll go with this stuff. I'll get my admin-post ready within another couple of days...
(-I hope! )

Last edited by Guardian; August 12, 2001 at 16:36.
Old August 12, 2001, 17:38   #259
DarkCloud
staff

Here's what I think:

Believers-: Maybe Planetary Transit System or Virtual World

Gaians have Weather Paradigm, Empath Guild, Pholus Mutagen, Second Xenoempathy dome.

Cult has: Xenoempathy Dome

Peacekeepers: Merchant Exchange, Citizens Defense Force

MOrgan: Merchant Exchange, Planetary Energy Grid

Pirates: Marinetime Control Center

Spartans: Second Weather Paradigm, Command Nexus

University: Human Genome Project (yes), Longivity Vaccine(no construction, planned), Planetary Datalinks (yes)?

Hive: Ascetic Virtues, Cyborg Factory(near completion)

Data Angels: Virtual World, Citizen's Defence Force, Hunter-Seeker Algorithm(joint with Cyborgs)

Cyborgs: Hunter-Seeker Algorithm(joint with angels), possibly working on Cyborg Factory or something else?

Free Drones: Cloudbase Academy
Old August 12, 2001, 19:54   #260
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Heh!
I just listened to some quotes and stuff from the game... (SMAC, that is...)

Santiago has a sexy voice!
-Just too bad she's so... Spartan!
Old August 12, 2001, 20:50   #261
Sprayber
Emperor

You can't have her Guardian. She is mine.

Aki isn't half bad either. But not as sexy as Santiago..
Old August 12, 2001, 20:53   #262
Sprayber
Emperor

LMP: I'm with Kass in asking for the number votes for each faction. Just to develope a little stratigy. Opps I mean

Kass: Just so you know. The senior Spartan officer in your territory is Major Anthony Burke. He reports directly to Marshal Kessel and to Colonel Santiago. If you need to have discussions with Spartan military personal, Burke is the man you can talk to. Is there anyone in particular that Burke would communicate with for official purposes?

Last edited by Sprayber; August 12, 2001 at 21:47.
Old August 12, 2001, 23:02   #263
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
Sorry I've not posted for a while, but I've had school and other distractions (like playing Alpha Centauri - remember that game? Just kidding!).

I also think Santiago is attractive. Deirdre is supposed to be the "beautiful" one, but she's too stereotypical for my taste. And then there's all that green communist garbage.

Anyway, enough fooling around. I'm heading over to the Planetary Council thread (the Governor should be around for that, shouldn't he? Oh well).
Old August 13, 2001, 07:18   #264
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
You can't have her Guardian. She is mine.
Heh! Don't want her. Santiago's not my style, really.
I'd be much more likely to hang out with Deirdre, but I guess she might find me too militant and paranoid...

I actually have a thing or two in common with the more "hard line" Peacekeepers like General Braddock. Politicly, I guess I'm somewhere in between Braddock and Lal. So, it's both easy and fun for me to play them because I can identify with them both.
Old August 13, 2001, 10:04   #265
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Kass: Just so you know. The senior Spartan officer in your territory is Major Anthony Burke. He reports directly to Marshal Kessel and to Colonel Santiago. If you need to have discussions with Spartan military personal, Burke is the man you can talk to. Is there anyone in particular that Burke would communicate with for official purposes?
My chief military advisor, a member of the Crusade Committee and my Third in Command, General Jacob Peterson has been appointed as the Committee attache considering military operations with other factions. Now I'm off to Council thread to nominate the Believer representative.

(BTW; will add him to my Admin ASAP.)
Old August 13, 2001, 14:11   #266
[LordLMP]

Okay, here is the total amount of votes for each faction, including bonuses of SPs, landmarks, etc....

University of Planet
Pop: 3 votes
Human Genome Project: 1 vote
Planetary Datalinks: 1vote
Manifold Nexus: 1 vote
Total of 6 votes

Cybernetic Consciousness
Pop: 2 votes
Hunter-Seeker Algorithm: 1 vote
Garland Crater: 1 vote
Total of 4 votes

Morgan Industries
Merchant Exchange: 1 vote
Planetary Energy Grid: 1 vote
Uranium Flats: 1 vote
Total of 6 votes

Data Angels
Virtual World: 1 vote
Citizen's Defence Force: 1 vote
Hunter-Seeker Algorithm: 1 vote
New Sargasso: 1 vote
Total of 7 votes

Gaian Stepdaughters
Pop: 2 votes
Weather Paradigm: 1 vote
Empath Guild: 2 votes
Pholus Mutagen: 1 vote
Xenoempathy Dome: 1 vote
The Ruins: 1 vote
Total of 8 votes

Cult of Planet
Pop: 1 vote
Xenoempathy Dome: 1 vote
Pholus Ridge: 1 vote
Total of 3 votes:

Lord's Believers
Pop: 5 votes
Planetary Transit System: 1 vote
Fresh Water Sea: 1 vote
Total of 7 votes

Human Hive
Ascetic Values: 1 vote
Monsoon Jungle: 1 vote
Total of 7 votes

Free Drones
Pop: 4 votes
Cloudbase Academy: 1 vote
Borehole Cluster: 1 vote
Total of 6 votes

Spartan Federation
Weather Paradigm: 1 vote
Command Nexus: 1 vote
Sunny Mesa: 1 vote
Upland Wastes: 1 vote
Total of 8 votes

U.N. Peacekeepers
Lal's Bonus: 2 votes
Merchant Exchange: 1 vote
Citizen's Defence Force: 1 vote
Dunes: 1 vote
Total of 10 votes

Nautilus Pirates
Marinetime Control Center: 1 vote
Geothermal Shallows: 1 vote
Fossil Field Ridge: 1 vote
Chiron Rift: 1 vote
Total of 8 votes
Old August 14, 2001, 04:29   #267
Cyber
Warlord

Hey, People!!!
Canīt you read the admin! Even Blake wrote ages ago that the Cult has also The Human Genome Project. After that, the Xeno dome was built.

And Sprayber, yes one of the Cultīs motives was that the Spartans were major polluters, but officially everything was pure business Troops for tech...
Old August 14, 2001, 05:07   #268
Clear Skies
Prince

Cyborgs also have a Citizens' Defence Force I believe - not about to give that up after arguing for it!

I know I was supposed to return recently, but there have been several problems.

First, my ISP is shifting to a new carrier this month, so I'm having considerable trouble in connecting to the Net. It should be cleared up by the end of the month.

Second, I really don't know whether to bother returning. Last time I was playing all I seemed to do was cause arguments; plus I'm not really wonderfully happy about playing the two smallest factions and keep being told I have to give up one.

Anyway, I should be on occasionally this week. I'll make my decision by the end of the week, I should think. Do people want me back?
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2001, 05:59   #269
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Welcome back, SMAC!
-And yes, I do want you back.
It seems the Peacekeepers have some unfinished business with both Gaians and Cyborgs... we really need to get our relations sorted out! The Peacekeepers are no longer mad at the Cyborgs, but I don't know how close we'd be at this time... I was hoping you could help me figure it out. As for the Gaians, I see no reason not to be friends with them, but some of them might be a little sniffy still about certain troop movements in and around their territory a few years ago...

So, what do you have to say about it all?
Old August 14, 2001, 08:20   #270
Cyber
Warlord

We definately want you back, SMAC fanatic!

Youīre a vital part in the western continents politics and survival of the Cult, as is its the worst possible timing for the Gaians to be without a player.
And if youīve caused arguments, then I should be the God of causing arguments, as I probably pissed off atleast half the players when I was in control of the Spartans.