Old July 22, 2001, 12:13   #31
Avenoct
Prince

Local Time: 06:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ah good, glad you went after Zak! Looks we're all set. Who will be trouble...Yang probably now. he's probably figured out that he can practically long-jump over to our continent from our island. Cybergod, sorry 'bout your 'puter....I think it's affecting your Freudian Controls:

Quote:
2204-Creams of Green builds Net Node
and, when you said this..I read it a little differently...what a laugh I did have.

Quote:
Hive and Spartans have agreed to combine ofrces against us!
-Smack
Old July 22, 2001, 15:56   #32
SITS
King

Local Time: 11:29
Turn 2220 to Smack -

2211 - Environmental Economics - Researching Planetary Econ for AV. Changed Planetary Datalinks to Xenoempathy Dome as I feel it would much more use to us. Also trying sort out Eco-damage in some of the bases. Come on guys we're supposed to be Greens!
2212 - Got a Unity Foil and killed a couple of IOD's and two MW's.
2213 - Xenoempathy Dome rushrd built as city was starving after I reduced the minerial intake after an attack of fungus.
2216 - The submissive Zak just launched a surprise attack. His torture will please me. Kill a few units and Mind Control Zarya-Sunrise. Zak has caved in and offered me AMA, submission and a few credits. I take it but he won't be lasting long...
2217 - Get Plantary Econ. Sign global trade pact.
2218 - Start Ascetic Virtues
2220 - Loads of credits from pod popping. Building land bridge to continient to the east which will give us room for expansion. Don't know what people want to do about Zak, I'll leave that up to others. It's strange watching the two submissives fight each other around my bases! The game is pretty much sown up. The powergraph has flatlined. It shouldn't take us too long.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 22, 2001, 17:06   #33
Clear Skies
Prince

Any chance of my getting a savegame? Just for my own amusement of course...
Don't forget to build some totally useless units (e.g. infantry transports) and transfer control to other factions - they'll start building them wholesale!
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old July 23, 2001, 00:27   #34
Avenoct
Prince

SMAC Fanatic, sure I'll send the turn your way. I havn't looked at the game yet, and I had a question: How do we want to win? Diplomacy, Trancendence? Well, I'll assume we are going for the fastest win, so I'll spend my 5 turns trying to crush someone. It appears that right about the time of IA we started going way up the power graph, which ticked everyone off. There's no turning back, just mopping up.
Old July 23, 2001, 03:15   #35
Avenoct
Prince

Well, I'm sticking with the 5 year rotation for this round, and it seemed plenty long enough what with a million worms and formers and colony pods to control.

2220: Ah, I see the landbridge being built. Thought about changing things, but really, it looks great. We’re set to pop boom. Decided to give Morgan a ton of techs as he’s studying Nonlinear, which we have. Notice that Miriam nearly has fossil fuels, and Yang already does. That puts airpower at around 2235-40 by my estimate. We will of course go steal fuels and airpower.
2221: going to switch to planned for booms. Basically filling in the infrastructure here and there and designating a few bases to make pods. These will fill in our continent, expand to the new one, and be given to Morgan and Zak. Yang and Miriam are actually doing well for themselves. I suppose, the long plan is to boom and then send in an elite force of psi units to take them out..Yang first, then Miriam. The boom will help our labs so that we have a few more choices, and will provide infinite size 3 bases with the PTS.
Captured IOD near yang
Morgy is about to get Pre-sentient, due to my large tech gifts.
With the Maritime, the Datalinks, the Virtues, and the H.S.A all coming up, I’m glad we’ll have a few more bases soon to work on them.
2222 I ask for and receive Pre-sentience from Morgan. I had a bit of a drone problem, but that’s cleared up. Am considering running 30/20/50 for some Golden Ages as well.
2223-5: Well, Yang went ahead and jumped over. I had already started sending our psi troops and a probe team in that direction, but they won't get there for another two turns. Yang got probed by me, and I was sure I was going to get fossil fuels...but I got the superconductor, which I didn't think he had. Oops. So we are studying a tech we could have stolen, but it happens. I made about 20 CPods and they are planned for the southern and eastern frontiers mostly, but I did stick a pod, worm, and crawler on our Western IOD. That can venture out to a nearby island. Lost two boats..one to Yang, one to an IOD, again, forgetting I'd dropped green for planned. Let's see..overall I started trying to rebalance the core cities, bringing up the mineral production of those unlucky coastal-rocky ones with crawlers from the supercities, like Lucky Autumn.
We're at a crossroads...do we continue to focus on infrastructure, on tech, or on putting a beat down on Yang and Miriam, who will be airborne militant religocommunist fanatics in about 10 years. We're certainly going to win, but it's going to be a bit more interesting than I had thought previously. Personally, I'd stay focused on infrastructure to build up the fanfare for a final war, giving the enemy a chance to test their new weapons. With the Pop booms, GA's, Pod booms, and PTS, our citizenry is growing almost logarithmically. Well, good luck TKG!

PS. Built the AV just in time to really make the most of the boom.

-Smack Out in 2225
Old July 23, 2001, 06:33   #36
SITS
King

Smack - I would say it is in us...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 23, 2001, 10:12   #37
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:29
the final 1/5 you mean? never thought of that but yeah either that or the polar caps. plus i think we should get everyone except one person submissive, then wait for MMI and win diplomatic. you get more points for it than conquest.
Old July 23, 2001, 17:39   #38
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 12:29
Smack, I am very soyrr about Creams of Green and ofrces! Oh well, I just hope that doesn't happen again - it's because I force myself to type fast.

I think that this game will finish pretty quickly so, once the new game has started, maybe 5 or even 6 of us could play it (although I think that 6 is too much).

I say compromise between both infra/tech and war with Yang (esp him, comie bastard :banned: ), and then Believers and Spartans (who have pretty good combat bonuses). I'd really like Cyborg Factory and HSA completed and in my grip!

PS. Still waiting for moi's turn...
Old July 23, 2001, 19:11   #39
Avenoct
Prince

Cybergod, email me your email again, I seem to have lost it?

-Smack, aka Alde-Baron
Old July 24, 2001, 18:53   #40
Avenoct
Prince

So, I sent the game...did you get it?
Old July 25, 2001, 08:58   #41
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

sorry guys my fault. i've been kinda busy havn't had a chance to play it. i'll go do that now...

BTW smack where is the final 1/5?
Old July 25, 2001, 13:49   #42
Avenoct
Prince

Lake Baikal holds 1/5th the worlds freshwater. 1/5th!
Old July 25, 2001, 22:11   #43
Method
Emperor

where is lake whatever you said anyways?

now for the update.
2226-GA in autumn grove, started the HSA and maritime control.

2227-GA in last rose of summer, founded velvetgrass point, silverbird park.

2228-GA in university base and creams of greed and stole synth fossil fuels from yang. founded razorbeak wood, vale of winds forest primeval and captured some hive base on our continent. research-fusion power.

2229-FUSION POWER!(with research carried over from fossil fuels) spent some $$$ on upgrades. research-organic superlube. found gaia's high garden

2230-nothing worth telling you about.

closing in on some other hive base on our turf with a fleet of worms. plus i have a fleet of probes for when/if you make land bridge to hiveland.

sorry about the delay
Old July 29, 2001, 20:23   #44
Method
Emperor

dammit! i put creams of greed instead of dreams of green! i say we just change the name of that base for the hell of it.

and uh cybergod did you get the game save? i sent it on wednesday. or are you dead or something. or maybe you just didn't get it or you did and you already sent it to SITS and just didn't post the update. plus i thought i'd bring this thread back to the front page.
Old July 30, 2001, 03:08   #45
SITS
King

Just to add that I haven't received the turn....

Old July 30, 2001, 14:59   #46
Cybergod
Prince

Hi Peeps!!! I'm BAAAACK!!!!! (miss me? )

Joke aside, I was moving house and couldn't access internet for days. Here's SITS turn uploaded to the thread so anyone who isinterested how the game is going can download it to check it out.

PS. I wrote up my turn-by-turn report on paper and lost it in the "moving boxes"! Darn!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip gaians-2230.zip (98.3 KB, 6 views)
Old July 30, 2001, 16:04   #47
Method
Emperor

oh great now message for SITS or whoever gets a chance to do this, change the name of dreams of green to creams of greed at first opportunity.
Old July 31, 2001, 04:01   #48
SITS
King

Turn attached and also sent on to Smack.

Not much to report but find it below!

2231 - The base named after Yang (you'll know the one!) wants to produce a colony pod, yet will remain a size one base for the next 17 turns so I change production to a former. I like the idea of a IoD loaded with a colony pod, supply crawler and a Mindworm. Just disembarked and will start a new colony next turn. Built Chirpn Perserve. I destroy a Hive unit after he offered to save me if I give him 500+ EC. I said no thank you.
2232 - Built Thorny Vineyard. Miriam calls the planetary council and we are retained as the Gov.
2233 - Nothing much
2234 - Nothing much except we've built a lot of colony pods and they are on their way to various places...
2235 - Build MCC and we are now researching Doc:Air. Not much to else to report. We have some artifacts on their way and there is a good site for a colony but we need to have a former on it first as it has to clear away fungus and rocky. It is doing now and the pod is waiting - I think it is worth it.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip gaians 2235.zip (110.2 KB, 3 views)

Old July 31, 2001, 16:45   #49
Cybergod
Prince

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I forgot to post this!

The "Yang Can Kiss My A@@" base was MEANT to be disbanded so we can move a colony pod up to the coast and have a base pumping up our navy!

D'uh! I forgot to say that! Oh well, just try another strategy, I suppose...

Old July 31, 2001, 17:37   #50
Avenoct
Prince

Cybergod, great minds think alike! I'm halfway through my turn and wanted to ask a question...have you all noticed odd units appearing here and there at your new bases? By the way, we're on to the 'Alpha Sector' list of bases...I'm getting ready to give a few to Morgan.

-Smack

2240 sent to TKG.

Turn Reports:

Well, in a nutshell, a Spartan 4-2-1 magically appeared at the mesa. Probed it and used it as a garrison for the new base there.

Captured more worms and IOD, but one IOD lost b/c no mineral support the next turn!

Generally getting nervous about our lack of an eastern navy or military. Took steps to build 3 more eastern coastal bases...they are due to produce probe foils the next turn.

Miriam developed airpower, gave it to Yang and Santi.

Got a probefoil in position to steal airpower from yang. Note, tuned the economy to 60/20/20 so that we don't develop airpower next turn...would rather steal it.

Golden Ages everywhere. We have 40 bases? something like that. Time to beef up Zak and Morgan, really. We could use the commerce income.

Yang lands some troops on the east coast (again! ). I've got them surrounded. Been rushing formers and crawlers as I tend to like these more than the rest of you? Our terraforming is truly 'Ugliforming'. what a mess. Trying to expand the continent a bit where we don't have sea-forming in the way to make a few crawler parks as our interior is getting pretty large

Started Datalinks at Gaia's Landing. 7 turns to build!

Watch out for Zak, he just stole an AA from Morgan I believe, in the NW corner...might take a tech soon.

Have a skunkworks (got that tech from Lal in 2235) being built to proto our airforce, but also am proto'ing an 8-1-2 near Zak, in case get gets up to some monkey business.

Turns are nice and longish, and I like the 5-year cycle. That's the news!

-Smack

Last edited by Avenoct; July 31, 2001 at 18:16.
Old August 5, 2001, 03:23   #51
SITS
King

Just wondering about the status of the game. Looking on the board it seems that the ball is with TKG. Do we know if he got the game?

Old August 6, 2001, 17:32   #52
Method
Emperor

sorry guys. my fault. i got it a while ago just havn't played yet. i have been sort of busy lately. hey, isn't this what happened last time it was my turn?
Old August 6, 2001, 17:44   #53
Avenoct
Prince

If you need to be skipped, please say so.
Old August 7, 2001, 08:37   #54
Method
Emperor

finally got a chance to play

2241-got the skunkworks you were talking about smack, and probed D:AP from yang. switched to 40/20/40

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
2229-FUSION POWER!research-organic superlube
2242-fusion power for the second time. research organic superlube got silksteel from an AA

2243-nothing

2244-Planet Data in gaias landing morgan gives into a threat. morgan transport is ours.

2245- nothing.

morgan is sending in a sh*t load of gatling rovers to kill zak. should we interfere? and that chaos rover in the south near factory drift is amphibious. use it to attack factory drift.

one more thing. does sombody want to explain why we discovered fusion power twice?
Old August 7, 2001, 09:57   #55
Avenoct
Prince

I'm guessing that the wrong savegame file was forwarded at some point. It's really no matter since we just keep spiraling upward.

Anyone interested in a round 2? I'm thinking of playing through all the factions eventually, but juggling up the players if any want to stay or join. When we were taking a turn a day, it was going pretty fast...much more enjoyable than an MP game in that regard. Ah well, if you are interested, keep your eyes peeled on the MP threads..I'll post the next game there.

-Smack
Old August 7, 2001, 11:45   #56
Method
Emperor

just posting the file.

i forgot it last time
Attached Files:
File Type: zip gaians 2245.zip (112.9 KB, 4 views)
Old August 9, 2001, 12:58   #57
Xerxes2
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:29
I've been reading this with great interest. But what I prolly don't understand is: why didn't each of you start with a different faction, trading off at the same mark as now? That way each would get a file, play the turn as, say, the Gaians; then on to Yang, etc.

Is there some bar to this? It would mean that a "turn" wouldn't be over 'til each had played his 20 yrs or whatever the interval is.

Old August 9, 2001, 13:56   #58
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes2
I've been reading this with great interest. But what I prolly don't understand is: why didn't each of you start with a different faction, trading off at the same mark as now? That way each would get a file, play the turn as, say, the Gaians; then on to Yang, etc.

Is there some bar to this? It would mean that a "turn" wouldn't be over 'til each had played his 20 yrs or whatever the interval is.

We each play the same faction for a certain number of turns and then pass it on to the next player, leaving him with our own strategy to work on . We should discuss here about what happens and what strategies should be implemented. I thought that Smack put this simple enouth...

Is there some bar to this? Me no understand your concept. You probably mean what I have just explained above. The intervals seem to change whenever Smack feels like it .

BTW, I forgot to play my turn, got too involved with the Aldebarain mod...

PS. ... and I'm going to Greece tommorrow evening! I'll have enough time to post the game by then for sure!
Old August 10, 2001, 08:09   #59
Avenoct
Prince

Xerxes, I think I understand what you mean.

And next time, that would be a good idea. Take 5 players...each starts a different faction and passes the savegame to the next player. So 5 games are going at once, and you are recieving your turns pretty quickly. I've had that idea too, but the only problem is that people seem to take widely varying lengths of time responding. The slowest person would have a stack of 5 savegames (from each of the different ones) in their inbox, then they would probably play through all 5 and send them on in bulk. This would only work if there was a regulary limit, like play a turn a day, or be skipped.

Cybergod..hehe..no, it's not just when I felt like it! The turn interval is set out in the beginning of the thread. 20 years / 10 / 5 /5 /5 /5 This is because each turn gets longer and longer in the midgame. I do think 5 years is too short though. 10 years makes the most sense.

-Smack
Old August 10, 2001, 11:16   #60
Cybergod
Prince

I am scrambling to send this turn as I am going to go to Gatwick in couple of hours and then it's "Corfu, here I come!"

I have no time to post the turn report so hereis the brief summary:

Morgan is making advances against Zak and even taken one of his bases! Took over Facory Drift with the Amphibious Rover! Earthquake near Delta Secotr! Started Neural Amplifier near Creams of Greed!

There, Bon Vojage!

Cybergod Nikola
Attached Files:
File Type: zip gaians 2151.zip (105.8 KB, 4 views)