Old July 13, 2001, 13:42   #1
Lucky
Warlord

Local Time: 11:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What to download/install ??
I've been away from the game for a while.
What's everyone using now?

I just read about the Medevil pack, and i'm about to download it.
Is there anything else i should install before starting my long-awaited game?
Old July 13, 2001, 14:58   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 06:32
Re: What to download/install ??
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
I've been away from the game for a while.
What's everyone using now?

...read Cradle thread 1.1

Download and play!!!

Shameless plug
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old July 13, 2001, 17:55   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 13:32
I should say everything but note the Apolyton CTP2 DataBase is not updated for an month. Altough I finished CityMod2 and I allready submitted it, but you can find it on my page. For now there are two mayor mods of course Craddle and of course MedPack 2 that also contains a version of CityMod2, and I hope there will be a CTP2 ApolytonPack soon. You should try the newest version of my little Soundfix the thread is not too old so you can find it here in the CTP2 creation forum.

-Martin
Old July 15, 2001, 11:52   #4
Lucky
Warlord

I'm playing a game with the newest MedPack and i'm up to 1100-AD.

I like most of the changes, but i've had better games.

Only 1 of the 6 AI civs expanded to more than 4 cities, and the others built all 4 cities too close to each other

Also, whats the deal with the Leader Pics??
I haven't seen a leader during this whole game.
Is there a way to enable the pics during diplomacy?

anyway.. great work, to Wes and everyone else that contributed.
Old July 15, 2001, 12:37   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 13:32
Quote:
Only 1 of the 6 AI civs expanded to more than 4 cities, and the others built all 4 cities too close to each other
Sometiimes the AI could be very stupid I know it is stupid enough but sometimes it is more stupid. In my first MedPack2 game I saw two AIs both sitting on a small island one wasn't able to develope deep water ships I also developed them lately. Therefore this AI hadn't the possibility to expant that not stupid only bad luck. But the second AI wasn't surrounded by deep water it had enough space to expand if it would have left its island, because none of its three cities was a costial city. On a small island and no costial city - damn stupid.

Quote:
Also, whats the deal with the Leader Pics??
You could download Martin the Dane's ReadZFSFile version 2.0 from his homepage he is now present in this forum you can also search for a thread about his utility. With his program you can explore the *.zfs files. and there you will find the leader pics. Unfortunatly because of a bug the game doesn't use them, for me it is not so bad I was disappointed of these pics anyway.

If you read the thread about the Apolyton Pack you will notice that Dale found a way to put in leader pics. I got this idea some month ago but I never realized it, because it is not the best sollution but I think the only sollution, to modify the parchments. That will cause that if you start a prtoposial you will see the picture of your own leader, but I wanted to see the pic of my opponent.

-Martin
Old July 15, 2001, 15:19   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 12:32
I just realised... is this the same Lucky that made the US president diplo-pictures mod for CTP1?

Hello!

Yeah, like Martin said, it is possible to add the pictures, but if you initiate diplomacy, you just see your own leader
Old July 16, 2001, 08:16   #7
Der PH
Warlord

Local Time: 12:32
AI cities
In my first games with MM2 I had the same problems with the AI building its cities too close to one another and nearly always away from the coast, so I was the only one to travel the seas. And I also saw many AI civs, which stopped expanding after they built 4 cities, even if they had enough space in every direction.
All in all this was boring and I stopped the games.

But in my actual game (impossible, maximum barbarians, huge map, 14 players) every AI (except the turks, who only have 3 cities) is expanding like hell. And they really build many harbors and ships (After invading the romans at the other side of a little ocean they attacked my supply ships and sank nearly my complete navy).

I don't know, where this change in the AI behaviour came from. The only thing I changed in the settings is the number of players. The rest is identical to my earlier tries.
Old July 16, 2001, 15:44   #8
Lucky
Warlord

Quote:
I just realised... is this the same Lucky that made the US president diplo-pictures mod for CTP1?

Hello!
Hey, you remembered!
I've still got a bunch of other pics that i made for CTP... thats why i'm disappointed that CTP-2 doesn't use them... oh well.

----
Quote:
I don't know, where this change in the AI behaviour came from. The only thing I changed in the settings is the number of players.
I'll try a huge-map game, after i check out the Cradle mod, and Dale's method of adding pics.

thanks for all the info
-Lucky
Old July 16, 2001, 16:32   #9
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 06:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
I've still got a bunch of other pics that i made for CTP... thats why i'm disappointed that CTP-2 doesn't use them... oh well.
Lucky

Actually I might be able to use them, provided they work within the timeframe of my Mod. I need leader pics for the following civs (ancient and medieval leaders preferred)

French
Japan
China
Spanish
Portuguese
Dutch
Thai
Welsh
Canada
Korea
Brazil
Aussie
Mexico

Send to hexagonia@yahoo.com
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...