Old August 23, 2001, 05:17   #271
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OOC
The problem is Belinda, Capo is making changes to the peace treaty agreements based on where he thinks the game is at... I would rather not have to go down the same path twice as far as negotiations go.

As it is I have located the following save which is end of my turn, ready for your turn Belinda (or your subs). I would rather have a save from your turn, but apparently there is none.

This is the latest save.... Please all look and see....
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ra_a1520.zip (55.6 KB, 9 views)
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old August 23, 2001, 06:54   #272
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC
Is it just me or are Deitys reponses here getting less and less.... Come on Deity let us know what the Austrlaians are upto now.. I know you love the Role Playing as much as if not more than most... So get Paul off his arse and get him to post here !!!!!!
Old August 23, 2001, 07:55   #273
drake
King

Local Time: 07:33
Deity seems to be on autopilot

Well, if the save goes back too far, simply recreate the events that have already happened Raz. Any peace treaty/cease fire should occur AFTER your turn, as it has already been played once....

Like Belinda said basically Just re-do everything as best as possible and move on!

Anyone have anyone who will sub for the Mongols?
Old August 23, 2001, 08:08   #274
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC
Yeah I got up in a grump this morning and have deleted all my nasty repsonses above..... !!!!
Old August 23, 2001, 08:26   #275
belinda9
Warlord

Local Time: 05:33
thankyouthankyouverymuch
restraint is always apppreciated

Probably Zulu and EU and FDP most affected by if you use save from mid-Israel turn or post-Istrael turn......it's all before my turn so I don't care.
If everyone gets a chance to see it before gametime.

I would just hate to see this session all explode on me unexpected-like when you guys have been leading us on all week that you're going to cease-fire because that's the expectation upon which I prepped my sub

Sorry I haven't got a clue about Mongolia. it took me the better part of a week to find a sub for me! 'Course, we could always do as Frank himself suggested before in reference to <ahem> another civ, and carve it up under the AI but that seems rather preemptory. HA! (just teasing)
Old August 23, 2001, 10:04   #276
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC Still
Well I guess the final choice will be made in about 10 hrs time as far as Mongols goes... Hopefully someone knows a Sub !!! If Deity bothered to post here he would probalby know some one.

And just getting in early... I will need a sub for next week ....

Any interested parties contact me. PLEASE !!!!
Old August 23, 2001, 11:08   #277
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 11:33
OOC - Lessons in posting, and the understanding of posts.
There have been a lof of arguments lately (actually one) within this thread about a specific post. I am here to attempt to teach those of you who are unfamiliar with what the post represents.

Posts that show narratives, or "scenes" are merely that. A random government, let's call them Governia can not see the narratives of Federalia. No matter how pertinant to Governia they are they are not for Governia's knowledge therefore if one is made no matter how blatantly against Governia-Federalia policy and relations it is, it shouldn't actually effect anything because it shouldn't ACTUALLY be seen by the other nation.

EXAMPLE POST
__________________________________________________ __

"Samurai Zang, what say you of the Federalia soldiers?" asked Ping Pong, secretary of state for the Governia Republic.

"Samurai Zang no like Governia, me think they are stupid fat and homosexual they must be destroyed immedeatley." replied the large and down symdrome effected Zang.

"I agree you fat bastard, I hate them as well, perhaps it is time to make propoganda and give it to the president, who will in turn effect the Senate, yes, I think that is a good idea."

"Ha ha ha ha ha death to Federalia!" said Zang
__________________________________________________ __

Now, in this example let us assume Governia and Federalia are allied nations who have never been to war and have been allied for centuries. Using this situation as a backdrop Federalia should be mighty pissed off about this, however its ridiculous to assume that Federalia's government would know that these things occured.

There are two types of posts; (1) Information posts and (2) Narrative posts. Information posts are presented in a straightforward manner and usually include some type of media (Newspapers, press releases, radio broadcasts, news broadcasts or transcripts of court procedings or government meetings), these posts are international record and are open to every nation to read and react to (With the exception of incidents in which certain nations are "banned" from reading this, ie a list of nations is included in who "gets to see it"). Narrative posts, as discussed above include scenes as would appear in a movie or play, and simple retellings of stories or events that transpired in the game. These posts are not seen by the world, only the characters involved in the scene, therefore incidents that occur within the scene unless they are an incident of international occurance of some sort (A city being taken or leader being killed for instance) should be not be reacted to by other nations.

Thank you for reading, I hope this helped.
Old August 23, 2001, 11:17   #278
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC on post etiquette
Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with your concept Capo, there is a difference when the post relates to the Decisions reached by a government in its parliamnetary meetings. These posts should be read by all as they are usually open matters that any spy worth his salt would acquire, as in Country A votes to ammend their Food Rations for the next twenty years, the rest of the world would hear of this. but probalby wouldnt care.

if a discussion occured outside of parlaiment then obviosuly no one should respond to this.

I rightfully responded to your parliament meeting. You and Drake wrongly responded to the personal outbursts of one of my Characters. You obviously could respond to the Pic posted showing troops returning to my provinces in Europe.

I hope this clears the air somewhat....

Now on with the Show !!!!
Old August 23, 2001, 11:43   #279
Prometheus
Warlord

“DEMOCRACY!!!! You have to be kidding!?!!?”

“No General that’s correct I am giving you 10 years to prepare for the switch, our people demand freedom and that is what they will get.”

“Sir I beg you to reconsider, Democracy will make us weak.”

“No Democracy will make us strong, it is the next obvious step.”

“You better be right about this sir because if your not the people will come crying for a strong government and I will be there to answer there cries.”

“If you say so General…. Now what do the rest of you have to report.”

“Well Comrade, we are on friendly terms with all of our neighbors, the Israeli are emerging as our new neighbors in North America and the Mongols our as hospitable as ever in Asia and the Australians are as always a friendly people in the Pacific. The only issue to arise lately has been the Israeli warning of a Zulu offensive against China… but that we believe is no more than propaganda.”

“I agree with that much, thank you very much. Domestics….”

“Comrade we now are second in production manufactured product however we are smallest in population not to mention we will need new temples and marketplaces if we plan to switch to Democracy. Our mining and irrigation projects are proceeding slowly due to the difficult terrain and the new problem of pollution that is cropping up everywhere.”

“Thank you, I will see what I can do about the pollution problem as for the rest of you prepare for the switch to democracy there is a lot that needs to be done in the ten years ahead.”
Old August 23, 2001, 11:46   #280
drake
King

Local Time: 07:33
I concur
On with the show!

Less talk, more play (I wish)
Old August 23, 2001, 11:49   #281
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Letter to EU Parliament
Dear Sirs/Madams.

It is with great pride that we announce the intention of our Reich Chancellor to visit yours selves and formally sign the handover of all European FDP Provinces. The Reich Chancellor shall be expecting to get a similar document from yourselves, signing over the American Colonies.

This historic meeting shall set in stone the end to the bloodiest era in our two nations historys. We plan to commerate this meeting day the 25th August 1520, as a National Holiday. We hope that your parliament will also do the same, allowing citizens from both our countries to travel freely on that day to anywhere within the realms of both nations.

The Reich Chancellor shall visit all the European Provinces of the FDP to ensure that all troops are officialy removed to a safe distance before your officials arrive.

We hope this meets with your approval.

Signed

R. Olde

Secretary to the Recih Chancellor Hermann Georing.
Old August 23, 2001, 12:36   #282
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Letter to Honourable Zulu Leader
Dear Madam,

With the formalisation of our cease fire now taking place we wish to rebuild the Province of Yemen at its original site. To do this we request the urgent withdrawl of your brigade of tanks in hte Yemen southen quarter.

Engineers will be arriving shorlty to begin construction and we would rather they work without threat of injury, however accidental it may be. Otherwise they demand double pay!!!

Thnakyou

R.Olde

Secretary to the Reich Chnacellor Hermann Georing
Old August 23, 2001, 13:30   #283
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC - Poll
for any interested parties please goto http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=25090
Old August 23, 2001, 14:22   #284
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Sorry guys
Again I am no closer. BAH....

This is #%@%.

Sorry once again. In the situation that deity, or some others don't appear might you consider delaying for me?

Hey raz I never took you for an anime fan. *Woot*
Old August 23, 2001, 14:26   #285
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Letter to the FDP...
European Union State Department
Honorable Hans Freitzweittler
1712 Dove Street
Amsterdam, NE

TO: The Reich Marshall of the Federation of Democratic Provinces.

Dear Sir, it has come to our attention that you have apologized for the premature entrance of soldiers into the city of Venice. We hope you understand that you have not only disrupted the funeral ceremony of our fallen brother Klamens Metternich, but have also soured the people's view of the FDP in general. We understand however that you have misunderstood our minutes, possibly due to inept translation and understand that this entire incident is completely moot and thereby will make no retaliations whether by words, edicts or action.

The peace treaty originally agreed upon by Prime Minister Pagniacci will remain and be carried out at the first possible moment. We apologize for any confusion we may have caused and hope that in the future our nations will enjoy long lasting friendship and successful trade.

Thank you for your time,

H. Freitzweittler
(Secretary of State)
Old August 23, 2001, 19:09   #286
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:33
Sorry about the power outage I had last week.....
... but it seems I only missed 1/2 a turn!!!

OOC
I have also been VERY busy lately so am just catching up with all the posts now. I can't keep up with Capo and Raz!! My God... what will they do when the game is over??? Write a book together!!

Hmmm... not a bad idea guys... why don't you pull the whole thread into a structured and edited story format; and post it as an online book at Drake's site??? Would be sensational

OK, I'm here now and I want some action!
Old August 23, 2001, 19:31   #287
deity
Emperor

Saul baby
AD1519

Saul was discussing the issues with the Dame.
They talked about Paul's total obsession with the bomb and feared that a self-fulfilling prophecy was to occur.
Paul was not engaging in international affairs which probably suited Australia.

"But he asked me to take over foreign affairs for the time being and keep a close eye on 'events'. He's having 'fun' in Broken Hill, even reminiscing the days of the Academy, the fun he had with the Adriatics... the good old days... he's lost. Even the old AL think about the past like we were mates or something!"
Dame said, " You realise, you Saul are destined to take over Australia and lead the race for the stars?"

"I know"

"I see it. It will happen... I'm rarely wrong you know"

"I know"

"But will Paul make the bomb and cause havoc?"

"Maybe, I see a bomb exploding in Broken Hill and I see an 'accident' involving Paul... the rest is hazy. But if this heralds the demise of Paul your plans, your peaceful plans will prevail"

"But if Paul outwits me the world is cactus, eh?"

"something like that... come here my dear.... mmmmm"

The Dame was an 'interesting' women.... no one suspected here old 'Israeli' roots were a problem.....
Old August 23, 2001, 19:43   #288
deity
Emperor

Dooghan is Mongols today!
his icq: 33324369

OOC

I said that he was my ally and that he hated the whites

That sums it up eh
Old August 23, 2001, 21:58   #289
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Euronews Telecast...
Lana Aguilera: It was with great fanfare that the EU Parliament has finally named Berlin of all cities as its home. Amsterdam was believed to be a top namesake for the new capital however political maneuvering from the city's people resulted in the change of venue for our capital...

Citizen 1: I didn't want our city to be the capital, we Dutch are known for our individualism and holding the Union's capital would be against, ya know, what it means to be Dutch.

Citizen 2: You watched on TV what happened in Venice when Israel attacked us and you couldn't help but think about what could happen, like, if the capital was in Amsterdam.

Lana Aguilera: This changes many things as now Berlin is home to the European Union's capital, Prime Minister Pagniacci had this to say...

E. Pagniacci: Although Berlin wasn't originally slated to hold our capital it has suited us well thus far, and I hope it will continue to do so. Its in a very centralized location as far as Europe is concerned is is quite far from all of our borders which makes it that much safer.

Lana Aguilera: In other news FDP troops have finally left their posts in Europe and are headed home. New Eurokorps volunteers are marching into their respective cities to reestablish control and links with the new European goverment. The first of these cities was Caspiari...

Soldier: Its been tough, I was stationed in Moscow for the Mongolian offensive, but ya know, this is much better for now than getting shot at by a bunch of chinks.

Citizen: It has been such a relief, I mean, yeah things are going to be tough on us now that our city was shelled and blown up, but I think things will be good, ya know, in the future.

Lana Aguilera: Peace talks between Zulu Federation and FDP stalled as Zulu Chairwoman Jula Kamma refused to accept a full peace treaty with the FDP based on their past actions against the Adriatic League, Mali and the Zulu Federation. We have in-house political analist Caesar Vargas, Caesar what do you make of this latest turn of events.

Caesar Vargas: Well Lana, it makes it quite difficult for the new government to maneuver here. On one hand they have made no secret about attempting to reunite the West, at least in simple peace but have made little to no progress in that direction. It makes it difficult to keep peace at an optimum with Israel while attempting to placate their loyal allies the Zulus. Its almost like they are being torn between two worlds here.

Lana Aguilera: What is the word from Berlin? Should we expect any formalization in regards to a Western pact?

Caesar Vargas: Well not anything in particular, obviously there are grumblings from those in the know. There were talks that the Zulus may accept a trade pact but then again its still early to tell, the peace treaty was just realised recently.

Lana Aguilera: And what of the brewing tensions in Mongolia?

Caesar Vargas: Well the Mongols have not let down on their assaults and despite allegations that they are engaged in a war of aggression they continue. Australia has also recognized that mere aggression is the entire meaning for this war and continue to support the Mongols. Keating has changed his tune from peace to this in recent years.

Lana Aguilera: Thank you Caesar, we are out of time. When we return from the break Giacomo Bartelucci previews "The Corsican" a movie based on the life and times of Napoleon Bonaparte...
Old August 23, 2001, 23:57   #290
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Venice
After the great meeting between the powers of Europe and the FDP, Reich Chancellor Herman Georing visited the old Province of Venice one last time. He paid repsects to the dead of both sides then rose to the podium at the Embassy and said the following ....

"Ladies and Gentlemen of Europe and those of the FDP. Today you witnessed then historical signing of the EU/FDP peace accord. For centuries our two nations hav efought bitterly over this territory and many have died on both sides. The graves around us are stark reminders of that. But today we face a new future. A future where Europe is for Europeans but still open for tourists from the FDP to come and visit. The FDP engineers completed the Continental railway from Israel to Venice and now it is open for civilians instead of the military.

Today my fellow citizens of Europe and the FDP, we beign to rewrite history, never agai nwill European rasie a sword agaisnt an Israeli, newver again will the Arabs in the FDP beat their war drums and cross the Balkans in anger.

Today marks the begiining of the European Asian co operation only dreamed about till now.

But our nations are still not free from war. The Zulus to the south are sill not signig peace with us, fortuantly they gave our allies the Mali peace. But the Zulus dont trust us like the Europeans do. And the Mongols are stil lattacking the urals. We will use our full diplomatic power to end that war .

We will continue to move towards the partnership we shoudl have maintained fro mcenturies ago

Viva la Europe... Viva La FDP"
Old August 24, 2001, 07:34   #291
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC- Statistics
Ok I know you all hang out for this sort of thing so here is some more Casualty statistics...

Since the last post of casualties...
<table width="600" height="244" border="3" bordercolor="#008000" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" bordercolordark="#800000" bordercolorlight="#800000">
<tr height="17" style="height:12.75pt">
<td height="21" width="99">Adriatics</td>
<td width="93" height="21">Zulu</td>
<td width="101" height="21">FDP</td>
<td width="113" height="21">Mongols</td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99"></td>
<td width="93" height="21"></td>
<td width="101" height="21">1 Pikeman</td>
<td width="113" height="21"></td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">1 Settler</td>
<td width="101" height="21"></td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">1 Musketeer</td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">1 Stormtrooper</td>
<td width="101" height="21">2 Stormtroopers</td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">6 Partisans</td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">2 Alpine Troops</td>
<td width="93" height="21">1 Alpine Troop</td>
<td width="113" height="21">1 Alpine troop</td>
</tr>
<td height="15" width="99">1 Reiflemen</td>
<td width="93" height="15">1 Riflemean</td>
<td width="101" height="15"></td>
<td width="113" height="15"></td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">5 Armor</td>
<td width="93" height="21">1 Armor</td>
</tr>
<td height="21" width="99">3 Howitzer</td>
<td width="101" height="21">1 Howitzer</td>
<td width="113" height="21">2 Howitzer</td>
</tr>
</table>

As can be seen from above table, the Adriaitcs taking a large loss of units 23 more dead. Their total losses for the game now stand at 74 units almost double the next worst losses of the Mali on 39 (who took no losses in recent times).

Last edited by Rasputin; August 24, 2001 at 08:06.
Old August 24, 2001, 07:50   #292
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

umm not sure what happened
Any one with better HTML coding knowledge help out as to why that table sits so low ???
Old August 24, 2001, 08:17   #293
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: Some interesting Stats !! 12 days later
Update

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
From the official website
Aust armed forces up from 67 - 127 (nice to be peaceful)
Aust now has 132 units.
Quote:
Mongols armed forces dow from 55 - 50 (so much for full war industry)
mongols finally gearing their military with 62 units
Quote:
Chinese armed forces up from 71 - 92 (another PEACE nation)
more cutbacks in China, down to 81 units
Quote:
Mali armed forces down from 56 - 44 (mostly dead)
static at 44 units
Quote:
Adriatic League slight change 49 - 52 (Leadership changes and war)
many heavy losses down to 31 units
Quote:
Zulu armed forces slight change 58 - 62 (possibly big change next time)
still climbing , upto 69 units now in Zululand
Quote:
Israel armed forces increased from 27 - 67 (all defenders of course)
Defences increased to 73 Units
Old August 24, 2001, 08:23   #294
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

More stats stuff
For the interested parties here is the full Spreadsheet of Casualties
Attached Files:
File Type: zip casualtiy.zip (5.9 KB, 2 views)
Old August 24, 2001, 08:50   #295
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

the NEW Yemen Province
"ahh Ahab, your engineers have done wondrously rebuilding the ruins here. You have kept the classic style of the orginal too."

"ahh yes Governor, but we have included all the mod cons too. Running water, roads, farms etc."

"good job Ahab. Hoepfully now we have peace no Province will ever again know the destruction seen here. Too many live slost."

"Yes Governor I agree. Do you think the Zulus will sign peace too. Many Arabs around here still want revenge."

"Yes I know that Ahab. Who knows with the Zulus, they take everything as an act of war. If we look at them too long they think we staring and thats an act of war, if we dont look at them the y think we ignoring them and thats an act of war" he laughed.

Ahab was not amused" Governor your humour is a little out of place here, The Zulu war is still fresh in the arabs memorys. It will take many years before we forgive them."

"Well I hope you do Ahab, the FDP leaders are already moving on from that war and looking to the future. As we speal the Recih Chancellor is heading to Zimbabwe to discuss matters deeply."

"Only trouble will come of it you mark my words Governor, only trouble"
Old August 24, 2001, 11:45   #296
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Historical Documents
Historian Pontius Pilate of the Iranian province has discovered some sacred documents and old maps in a cave not far from the Province of Iran.

Amongst the relics and old junk found was the following map, proposed by the Chinese way back in time when the Americas were first discovered.

Funny how things eventually work themselves out !!!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldmap.gif
Views:	32
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	2016  
Old August 25, 2001, 02:16   #297
The Capo
DiploGames
King

OCC Update!!! WHEEEE!
Alright clowns, this is going to be the last (important) post on this thread because I am going to post two new threads. One for posting and one for OCC Statements. I am going to repeat this again in the next threads but I hope once is enough for everyone to understand...

Please post your roleplay posts, or in-game posts, in the Regular thread and any and all OCC comments or anything of that nature in the OCC threads. I don't care what it is, even if it has to do with posts, if its not a damn post then put it in the OCC thread, if its an OCC comment put it in the OCC thread, as I said before I am going to restate this comment again, but I hope once is enough.

This way its easier reading for those of us who aren't involved in the game, and its easier to see and find out when an OCC post is made. So there we go... see ya in the new thread.

Peace.