Old October 17, 2000, 16:13   #1
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: October 30, 2010
da smokes survey
this is a survey and a question, so if y'all can quit pimpin or whateva ya doin, answa da smokes. 1. how many times anyone of y'all have had a nuke war that f@!#ed up the whole planet (every friggin square)? It was like, a billion fo da smokes. 2. Which is better, good navy, good army, good dip and spy core, or flying force( nukes don't count, otherwise i wouldn't be asking dis q) 3). who thinks i actually talk in ebonics all da time, and who says i do it once in a while, and who says i'm jes high and can't type right? thanx fo taking da smokes survey. later.
Old October 17, 2000, 16:33   #2
Bohlen
Prince

Local Time: 18:45
Ummm...ok...Here goes:

1) Never. I hate nukes and try to avoid any nuke wars at all costs. Why? I need to be in total control of the situation and nukes take that away. I have been in games where there was multiple global warming, but not pollution EVERYWHERE.

2) Dips and spies, no doubt.

3) Don't really know. I'm still trying to figure out what I think of your communication method. Funny or annoying? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

[This message has been edited by Bohlen (edited October 17, 2000).]
Old October 17, 2000, 18:31   #3
Oldman
Prince

Yeah Bohlen's right!!!! if you use da nuke, you gotta be ready to be abused by da nuke!!!!!

'cause as soon as you use it you'd better make sure all of your cities have SDI unless you want to get nuked big time...

BoyakaSha - Smokey!!!!!!!!!
Old October 17, 2000, 18:43   #4
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

Old, ya gots ta understand, da smokes doesn't care about being nuked, as long as somebody gets nuked, da smokes is happy. (by the way, don't use smokes method if you weant civ points, cause ya lose em all in pollution.) k?
Old October 17, 2000, 23:29   #5
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 19:45
OK, I have stopped pimping and will answer your questions.

1. Yes, I have nuked, nuked, nuked. In one or two games, I only built nukes and I nuked everything and anything that moved. In those games, I even built spy units specifically to disable SDI in enemy cities. I admit to causing collateral damage to my own CIA. I protected a few of my key cities with SDI and embraced the FORTRESS AMERICA concept. shades on -- to protect from fireball explosions.

2. Flying force gets shot down too easy, but you need fighter protection. Navy too expensive and slow. I do a combo dip/spy and army (paratroopers, tanks, howitzers). After all, you have to occupy the enemy cities to weaken the opponent. If I am way ahead on techs I may terrorize the world with my flying force until other civs get their own flying force.

3. There is no way you talk like this all the time. You are most likely a white boy who goes out and buys rap music so the girls think you are hung like the brothers...

oh, however, I'm sure you are high, of that there is no doubt.

I find your postings very funny, I hope you continue to post.

KEEP IT REAL, SMOKES!
Old October 18, 2000, 05:52   #6
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Whoa up there Shogun Gunner - I thought that SDI was impervious to spy attack????

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
"The Great Library must be built!"
Old October 18, 2000, 06:02   #7
Mercantile
Settler

never question the Scouse there is no point.
Old October 18, 2000, 07:54   #8
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 16:45
Allright, smokes, I'll bite

1. I never build nukes, and rush build SDI's whenever someone is building the manhattan project. I have never had global warming (probably because the AI doesn't get pollution.
2. That's a hard one. For me it's a good army backed up by a HUGE spy corps. when you destroy several improvements a turn, cities tend to get into trouble. makes it hard for them to support their population, much less an army.
3. do I really care what you talk like, as long as I can figure out what you said? not really. but you've got to be high to e nuking THAT much.

oh, and SG is right. you can't sabotage the SDI. I have sabotaged large cities down to nothing but the SDI and it still doesn't appear on the "choose which to destroy" menu.
Old October 18, 2000, 08:14   #9
Tizzy
Warlord

1) I rarely build nukes, only if I'm in a really agressive mood, and a Civ is really annoying me, and I've never been nuked by an enemy Civ, so I've never had a bad war.
2) Spies, backed up by good ground units. I don't particularly like air units, except cruise missiles.
3) Who cares?

Tiz
Old October 18, 2000, 09:45   #10
Bohlen
Prince

SG:

I think the verdict is still out on whether or not you can sabotage SDIs.

Sabotaging SDI Defenses
Spy/Dip question
[This message has been edited by Bohlen (edited October 18, 2000).]
Old October 18, 2000, 11:56   #11
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

1) I've been in very few nuke games. I'll slow down science to prevent nukes from comimg into play, and will attempt to sabotage MP production if someone tries to build it. Last time I got global warming, it was in Civ I, and I was trying to see what would happen with repeated global warmings (every land tile became a polluted swamp - including mountains - provided a real boon to trade and growth once cleaned up ) never tried it in Civ II...

2) good dip and spy core - you can recruit anything else you need via the Corps (The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father )

3)
quote:

Originally posted by Smokey tha nuke man on 10-17-2000 07:04 PM
okay, here's what all da smokes knows about tribute amounts. first off, if the other tribe is worshipful and allied with you, your gonna get something if you haven't already asked. if your spotless rep with supreme power, the other tribe being much weaker than you, your getting a lot ( especially if all four prev. things are there at once) finaly, if they're loded compared to you, and your at war with one of there worst enemies, combined with the others, and your gonna get some serious cash. course, having nukes, being agresive, and kicking the crap out some rich bastard land is always a good way to get cash. hoped da smokes taught ya somethin.

Only once in a while, and only to see what type of reaction you get

------------------
Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
Old October 18, 2000, 20:37   #12
SandMonkey
Prince

Local Time: 17:45
quote:

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner on 10-17-2000 11:29 PM
You are most likely a white boy who goes out and buys rap music so the girls think you are hung like the brothers...

HAHAHAHA! ROTFLMAO!

hung like the brothers... that's the best...
Old October 19, 2000, 11:20   #13
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

1) Not the whole planet, need global warming for that. I always build one nuke if that becomes an option, just for negotiation purposes. The AI seems to know whether or not you have any. Always put it in a city with SDI, or the home station will become a pile of rubble. I find nuke wars very discouraging, overall. All that work developing just to flame it.

2) Some of each, but mostly spies and garrison troops.

3) Good bet on the high part, most unlikely on the speech part. Even folks who lean that way talking, don't type that way on computers. However, not bad for a poser.

Keep on truckin'.
Old October 19, 2000, 15:53   #14
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

stay off the subject of da smokes manhood. that's getting a litt to low for da smokes tastes. ok?

da smokes is going to be giving da answer to #3 in about 5 days ( if i remember) t'ill then, keep answerin da smokes survey, i'll have another one in about a week. chill
Old October 19, 2000, 16:46   #15
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-18-2000 05:52 AM
Whoa up there Shogun Gunner - I thought that SDI was impervious to spy attack????

OK. I'm busted.

I just got too carried away thinking about massive nuclear civ war. Smokey peaked my interest.

Thanks for the correction.