Old July 19, 2001, 13:12   #1
BRA_TiTaN
Settler

Local Time: 08:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Medpack2 and End of Game
Because you don't add in MedPack2 for the end of the game for the year 3000AD?

I think it would be very better, after all, they are 60 new progresses to research.

I already downloaded all the files for Medpack2, but I am with some fear.
I don't like the medieval era, but of the modern era. Now Medpack, after all, what does he alter exactly in my game?

Last edited by BRA_TiTaN; July 19, 2001 at 13:33.
Old July 19, 2001, 13:27   #2
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

The name Medieval mod is a misleading in fact this mod changes the whole game and all ages, not only the medieval age. i think it even changes more than the apolyton pack. But dont worry you are not going to loose your files. the mod does not substitute the game but adds a new one. You can still choose with modswapper wich game do you want the original game, the medmod game, or the Apolyton Pack game (i am assuming you got that one).
-Jean Rostand
Old July 19, 2001, 13:36   #3
BRA_TiTaN
Settler

It is not the fear of it loses them I file of the game. And yes to discover that the game is completely medieval.

Please.
Speak Portuguese.Pedrunn
Old July 19, 2001, 13:53   #4
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BRA_TiTaN
Please.
Speak Portuguese.Pedrunn
I think it is forbidden to speak foreign languanges in open threads. but i am not sure about it. Sorry
-Jean Rostand
Old July 19, 2001, 13:58   #5
BRA_TiTaN
Settler

Could you talk me then in full detail about MM2?
Então você poderia me falar detalhadamente sobre o MM2?

Thank you.
Old July 19, 2001, 17:06   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 12:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn

I think it is forbidden to speak foreign languanges in open threads. but i am not sure about it. Sorry
It makes it harder for other people to contribute, and it would help if you wrote in both languages, but I am fairly sure it is not forbidden to use whatever language you want. The OT forum often has Dutch threads. Go ahead
Old July 19, 2001, 21:22   #7
Pedrunn
King

Thanks for the information IW but we are already talking by private messages. Since we are the only brazilians in this forum i will keep talking in english in open threads.
In fact, I would be very curious and annoyed if someone started talking in a language i could not understand. And like my mother used to say "Do not do with others what you dont want them to do with you" or something like that
-Jean Rostand
Old July 20, 2001, 05:42   #8
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 12:39
Yeah, thats probabaly the best solution. I guess you are right.
Old July 20, 2001, 13:49   #9
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 06:39
Quote:

There is an AltaVista translator at the bottom of the page. I tried it in spanish and it works fairly well. English to Portuguese is one of the available settings.
Old July 20, 2001, 14:30   #10
BRA_TiTaN
Settler

huahuauhauhauhhuahuahua
Old July 21, 2001, 17:12   #11
NoviceCEO
Warlord

Quote:
Thanks for the information IW but we are already talking by private messages. Since we are the only brazilians in this forum i will keep talking in english in open threads.
Hey I'm here too!
And I saw one other guy but never talked to him. No other Brazilians in the OT section (and hey! this post will count!!). Sorry for screwing up the discussion and going OT.
Old July 22, 2001, 16:38   #12
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Originally posted by NoviceCEO

Hey I'm here too!
And I saw one other guy but never talked to him. No other Brazilians in the OT section (and hey! this post will count!!). Sorry for screwing up the discussion and going OT.
Oh my god It is a brasilian proliferation a week a go i was a the only really participating in the CTP2 community. Now hear about a fouth one is around . And if you notest each one from a different region! We only need someone from the Center and other from the North. I just hope you guys dont start calling me Paraiba

Hey noviceCEO, why i did never see you. You are not a CTP2 Player, are you? From wich Forum are you?
-Jean Rostand
Old July 25, 2001, 14:14   #13
Alex
Emperor

Er... Another brazilian here.
I just would like to point that I'm also constantly visiting these boards, although I chose to lurk around here for a good time (I did not play enough CTP2 to risk my own observations 'bout the game, yet).
Anyway, I'm still playing CTP2 "vanilla style"; I'm planning on try some of these mods, but, given what I've been reading, MM2 and Apolyton Pack are both in some sort of "beta" stage, with bugs being reported almost daily.
Therefore, I would like to know if these mods are really stable to play. I suppose they are fun, for what I've read so far

Oh, and we should keep using english here; otherwise, as IW has pointed out, it would be difficult for others to help.

Pedrunn, I'm also from Natal, though I'm living in Campo Grande right now. Good to see another "cabra bom" 'round here
Old July 25, 2001, 14:44   #14
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexnm
Er... Another brazilian here.
Pedrunn, I'm also from Natal, though I'm living in Campo Grande right now. Good to see another "cabra bom" 'round here
Oxe!!!
Like i said we are at the middle of a Brazilian Proliferation.

Quote:
I just would like to point that I'm also constantly visiting these boards, although I chose to lurk around here for a good time (I did not play enough CTP2 to risk my own observations 'bout the game, yet).
Anyway, I'm still playing CTP2 "vanilla style"; I'm planning on try some of these mods, but, given what I've been reading, MM2 and Apolyton Pack are both in some sort of "beta" stage, with bugs being reported almost daily.
Therefore, I would like to know if these mods are really stable to play. I suppose they are fun, for what I've read so far
Are you insane!!!
The plain CTP2 has much much more bugs then the modded versions. Just finish the game you are current playing and get a mod. . If you dont want to see many changes get the Apolyton Pack. This mod is more a patch then a mod itself. The whole apolyton Pack is resumed in solving all the bugs from the original game, addings the diplophotos, new city sprites and new ages(so each one has its own city sprite). So get the Apolyton Pack if you are afraid of bugs (it solves then not add). But if you want something new get MedMod, This one is more likely with bugs(but less then the original game), But the aditons makes you forget them. There are too much new features to me to tell you here. i recommend you get the text files and read the readme to see if you like it.

The good part is that you dont loose the original files with these mods and you can get as many mods as you want. just run the modswapper and you can choose wich one you want to play( a screen opens to you choose if the MM2 game, or the Apolyton Pack game, or the original game )

When you start to enter in the community you can only go deeper. Look at me, i started as a Civ3 enthusiastic and now i run my own homemade CTP2 mod in my computer .
Life is Beautiful.
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; July 25, 2001 at 14:52.
Old July 25, 2001, 21:59   #15
Pedrunn
King

Oh my god! I was assuming you were new around here. But i checked your profile and you have almost as many posts as me. you are a Apolyton veteran. :
Sorry if i was too agressive . Anyway, check the user control i sent you a private message.
-Jean Rostand