Old July 21, 2001, 00:48   #1
TVA22
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anyone else beginning to lose interest?
Ok, I know that we are just fans, and have no god-given right to a wealth of new information everyday, and I also understand that firaxis doesn't want to give away the farm, so to speak, But Dear Lord!

I know I'm not a heavy poster on Apolyton, but for many months now, I've browsed this site at least twice a day, and I've followed the game's development from well before I even discovered Apolyton. But, I am beginning to feel a bit disheartened... It's like the game just dropped off the face of the planet all of the sudden, and I've started breaking my habit of Apolyton browsing, because I'm losing hope of ever finding out some new scrap, or at the very least a release date. If the game takes till next march, and they don't give any new info until, say, January (or worse) I may have moved on to other things. Civ games are my favorite, but I'm starting to lose my mind over it!

I know it's been referenced before, but my god firaxis, how long can it take to upload the "dedicated civ3 website"? I for one am losing interest at an alarming rate!
Old July 21, 2001, 02:49   #2
joseph1944

Not yet.

Old July 21, 2001, 02:58   #3
ContradictioN

yes and no

Old July 21, 2001, 03:35   #4
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 07:42
I've been spending more and more time in the OT. Overall, the civ3 forum's calmed down a little bit. Anybody else notice?
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old July 21, 2001, 04:08   #5
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:42
Yes, I have noticed Krazyhorse. It used to be that a whole page would be full of new updates with in a hour, now it takes about a whole day to do that.

About losing interest. I, as well, am starting to lose a great deal of interest. In fact everytime I see a screenshot I am being more and more turned off by the game, I don't like the SMAC feel I get with the graphics. The lack of information has had me questioning what little info we already know. Overall, if Firaxis doesn't do something soon I won't really care too much about the game anymore in awhile. I'll be doing a lot more in one month (school is starting up, I'm going into my soph. year, and I want to graduate in two years and not 3 years so I'm going to try real hard by taking a lot of classes) and in six months (possibly Civ3's release date) I'll be working at a job too. So at that time I might not have that special feeling about Civ3 (lack of info) and I will be doing a lot at that time. That might force me to not buy Civ3. It may not be a big deal to lose one customer but if they have the motto of "it's only one customer" they might wind up with only one customer of Civ3. If Firaxis doesn't rekindle my hear again about Civ3 by the end of August there is a strong possibility I won't buy the game.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old July 21, 2001, 04:24   #6
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 06:42
the enitire civ3 area is boring, unless yin posts and thenits fun to watch the fall out when everyone jumps on him for being too critical. I for one don't really look in the civ3 forums for news, i just look at the headlines on the mainpage. i come to the civ3 area to see yin's latest exploits.
Old July 21, 2001, 04:58   #7
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:42
i lost interest ages ago, notihng to do with lack ogf info from firaxis but all the crap posting here lately, it used to be all new stuff to discuss , but now its just going over old ground or talking about Firaxis lack of Web page updates
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old July 21, 2001, 08:33   #8
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 14:42
I highly doubt. Of course, there's not much news, but I don't stop waiting for the release! It will be a good game.
Old July 21, 2001, 12:38   #9
me_irate
Warlord

I too am losing interest, while near screans and stuff apear all the time, very little has been new. I check here and nothing really strikes me as new. Now i come more for ctp2 which i dont even play hardly anymore than civ3.

I remember one person a while back saying he didn't want more info (dont remember name) but everyone jumped on him and i agreed with them, now i believe he was right. The game was much better while it had more mistery and less dissapointment.
Old July 21, 2001, 12:43   #10
Chronus
Prince

I'm looking forward to Civ III, especially now because I'm so frustrated and dissappointed with Europa Universalis.
Old July 21, 2001, 12:47   #11
SerapisIV
King

Civ3 forum is definitely slow right now. It's because we're so close to release that any new ideas can't be integrated into the final game, yet Firaxis has been really slow for the past month releasing new info, so there is nothing new to discuss anymore. Things should pick up again once the Dan's new website is opened up and then pre-release publicity and previews begin. Hopefully the new page will be up by August.
Old July 21, 2001, 16:50   #12
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i come here everyday awaiting the "FIRAXIS HAS RELEASED A BETA" post, and then in boredom i comment about other stuff.
Old July 21, 2001, 18:39   #13
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

i have not lost interest in civ 3 , far from it i cant wait, i have lost a lot of interest in civ 3 suggetions though .... perhpas its time to make some separate forums for civ3 General/help . civ3 Strategy . civ3 Scenarios . civ3 Multiplaying.

although it may be a long time till game gets released so maybe we should hold off on that a little longer
Old July 21, 2001, 19:12   #14
Col Bigspear
Warlord

Location: Manchester, England. Im 1/2 Polish and proud of it!
Maybe its a tactic

No News=we get bored=we move on to other things=release date is upon us before we know it.

Rasputin, noticed the new pic. Is that you or David Hass.... Hasselhoff?.... (that bloke from Baywatch)

Just kidding

Just noticed this too :banned:
Old July 21, 2001, 19:40   #15
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:42
Nah, I think we are just eager to get our hands on the game. I suppose the thing is for us not to expect too much from it...but it should be good anyway.

I don't think people are losing interest, they are just impatient.

Got sucked into the OT now eh KrazyHorse?

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old July 21, 2001, 20:03   #16
Col Bigspear
Warlord

Location: Manchester, England. Im 1/2 Polish and proud of it!
Hey Provost, it's me Stefan.

Finally, got on here. Account would not activate so I re-registered with a new user name.

Thx for replying to my message back then.

Going to college in Sept, so I don't care when it comes out. The later the better, I might learn something in my first few months and then Civ 3 will come out, and ill get behind on my work

Me in College=:banned:
Old July 21, 2001, 20:15   #17
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 05:42
Lose interest?? Hardly. My interest (and participation) will increase greatly upon release. I have lost interest a long time ago being around this particular forum and seeing it dominate by whining, impatient morons. Regardless if Civ3 is going to be great or not, any discussions that goes on prior to release is irrelevant.

I very much look forward to the day when there's a Civ3 Strategy forum and most importantly, a Civ3 Scenario League. All the rest is just noise.
Old July 21, 2001, 20:20   #18
tniem
King

Haven't lost interest in the game, although posting here is not always the greatest thing to look forward to anymore.

Hey Rasputin, noticed that you posted twice on this thread with completely different opinions. So you have figured out a new way to spam and add a post count but this time fly below the radar and not get pcr...
Old July 21, 2001, 22:40   #19
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by tniem
Hey Rasputin, noticed that you posted twice on this thread with completely different opinions. So you have figured out a new way to spam and add a post count but this time fly below the radar and not get pcr...
no you obviosuly didnt read my whole post... I actually posted the second one as the first sounded like i might have lost interest in Civ 3, which i havent. i only los tinterest in these forums.. In the beginnig i used to post here lots, but then a whole load of new people cam e along and i went away, then i cam back and found some interesting debates, so i joined in again, but once again it has gotten very mundane so Yes i hav elost interest ...
Old July 24, 2001, 01:05   #20
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 07:42
I am VERY interested in civ3. What bores me is the civ3 forum. Every day, I come to Apolyton for useful/interesting information about the game. Instead, I find off-topic discussions and flame wars. fun fun fun

Old July 24, 2001, 01:47   #21
tniem
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
no you obviosuly didnt read my whole post... I actually posted the second one as the first sounded like i might have lost interest in Civ 3, which i havent. i only los tinterest in these forums.. In the beginnig i used to post here lots, but then a whole load of new people cam e along and i went away, then i cam back and found some interesting debates, so i joined in again, but once again it has gotten very mundane so Yes i hav elost interest ...
Sorry Raz, I have reread your posts and see what you are saying. I apologize for even suggesting that you have ever spammed. By the way how is the anti-spam campaign going?
Old July 24, 2001, 02:40   #22
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 14:42
I haven't lost any of the interest I've had in Civ3. I just remember to keep the dose of Civ3forum/day low enough, so I don't become numbed by it.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old July 24, 2001, 10:23   #23
death_head
Prince

Local Time: 05:42
I will not buy Civ3, and I am not interested in the game itself. What I am interested in are the discussions, and the community interaction...thus, I will continue to post in this forum a lot.
Old July 24, 2001, 10:59   #24
Mister Pleasant

Ever since Wes put out the MedModII for CTP2 I've been playing that. It's a fairly decent game now, and I wonder if Civ3 will be able to compare. (No really, Wes, Dale, Locutus, and co. did a great job - maybe if civ3 sucks they'll be willing to fix it ).

Old July 24, 2001, 22:07   #25
Dale
Emperor

Mister Pleasant:
Thanks. Tried the Apolyton Pack yet with the Ultra-gigantic maps? It's fun!

As for Civ3, I've definitely lost interest since getting heavily into CTP2 modding. To me, CTP2 is here and now. Civ3 is not here and now.