Old October 26, 2000, 05:45   #1
Rufus T. Firefly
King

Local Time: 19:45
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Do AI democracies collapse?
Okay, I just learned the hard way about AI cheats. I'm on a game in which my rich-but-not very advanced fundy govt. is squaring off against the Babalonyians' rich, advanced, democracy. My whole strategy has hinged on getting the Bab democracy to collapse, and now I find that AI cities can remain in revolt for multiple turns without incident. Even if I steal Bab advances and rush-build military, a full-on assault seems a losing proposition, since they've been building up a huge military while I've been subduing the other AIs and it's already the 20'th century. (For the record, I'm in this lousy position to begin with both because I'm a newbie at King level and because my starting position was on a large continent with five of the other six civs, who were positined so as to surround me.) So am I screwed, or is there a way to get AI democracies to collapse? TIA

------------------
Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
-- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
Old October 26, 2000, 11:28   #2
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 19:45
To answer your question: no, AI democracies will never collapse from disorder. To answer your secondary question: your best bet may be to make peace, if you can. Then, move one of your units (edit: or, just contact them via the F3 screen) next to a Babylonian unit. If the Babs hate you enough, they will revolt into anarchy during your turn (another well-documented AI cheat), so they can declare war on you.
[This message has been edited by DaveV (edited October 26, 2000).]
Old October 28, 2000, 18:25   #3
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 16:45
I have seen that accursed american democracy have a city stay in civil disorder for 5 turns at a time without the government falling.
Old October 28, 2000, 18:27   #4
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 16:45
Not to mention that they will also sometimes declare war or sneak attack without changing out of democracy.