Old July 22, 2001, 18:14   #1
Tubok
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First Time as a Multiplayer
I first bought Apha Centauri right after it first came out, while I was living in Japan. I loved the game right away. It kind of reminded me of the old "Empire" game. Anybody know of that one? I never had the chance to play against anybody...only my computer, never had anybody I knew who also had the game. Still, when Alien Crossfire came out... I bought it right away. I really enjoyed it... and still like playing it. I took a break from the game for quite awhile...but am back playing again. I would love to try out the multiplayer functions... either via an email game with someone.... or over the internet. I tried looking until I found this website/forums. I hope that I can find a few people who would like to play some games. It may be hard to co-ordinate a live game via the internet, so I would be willing to play an "By Email" game first. All I need is somebody to help get me started.
Old July 25, 2001, 10:35   #2
ouch!
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:44
I've played alot of multiplayer before (hotseat) but never with more than two human players.

I'll play an email game with you, my email adress is gasdd@yahoo.com.au. I can only play email games due to my bad internet connection, and the fact that my copy of the game crashes alot on this computer.

Anyone else want to join in?

I don't mind which rules are used, I just want to get a game in soon, before I have to start studying again.
Old July 25, 2001, 16:54   #3
-Contact-
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:44
Game
I'll play you ouch, I'v already met tubok.

ICQ= 54939685
MSN= space_entity@hotmail.com
Old July 27, 2001, 09:24   #4
Mars Mammon
Settler

Local Time: 12:44
I would enjoy a game with four human players! What rules do you guys play? I prefer SMAC but can also play SMAX. I do prefer standard size planets, look first option, do or die, steal tech at conquest, non accelerated start, no unity pod scattering and all victories possible, but I can play other options as well (except accelerated start, that I'd find boring). Let me know if you let me join and what the game is going to be. My email is audax@bigfoot.com.

Cheers,
Mars
Old July 27, 2001, 10:10   #5
mrdynamic
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:44
I would enjoy a PBEM game using smacx. My email mrdynamic@cyberdude.com Im pretty much open to any options.

The options Mars Mammon had listed sounds good.

Let me know.
Old July 27, 2001, 20:05   #6
EtheMind
Warlord

Local Time: 13:44
Having no experience from PBEM or SMAC(X) MP with more than 3 players I'd be interested to give it a try. I can also convert someone to join the game if needed. I'm open for all options but would prefer standard settings.

Email is jevdi@mbnet.fi and ICQ/AOL account is available as you can see. If you want to arrange a chat to get the game started and set the rules just choose a time in GMT and email me.
"What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare
Old July 27, 2001, 20:41   #7
-Contact-
Chieftain

SMAC GAME
I'll play anyone at all. 4 human players would be cool. Iplay univesity.
Rules I Prefer:
-custom random standard size map
-average lifeforms
-50-70% water
-dense cloud cover
-weak erosion
-no transcend win
-no diplomatic win
-spoils of war
-blind research
-random personalities and social agendas
-look first
-and I don't tolorate people who take forever because they are talking to everyone

E-mail: space_entity@hotmail.com
Old July 27, 2001, 21:05   #8
-Contact-
Chieftain

Know what would be neat?
Make our own tourney.

Also, how do you get that little image below your name. is it the thing at the bottom of the post menu thing?
Old July 28, 2001, 10:55   #9
EtheMind
Warlord

Having already 6 players, I could get 7th to join us if you want to. Tobek has to say his word on this though. If he's still with us.

( -Contact-, go in 'control panel', from there you can alter your 'avatar', the neat little image most disciplined of us have installed )
"What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare
Old July 28, 2001, 21:23   #10
Tubok
Chieftain

Last Player
Sent out an email to EtheMind just like I did to some of you. As soon as he answers with his preferences of factions and so fort... I'll get the game started.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	artbox10.gif
Views:	32
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	1316  
Old July 29, 2001, 18:48   #11
EtheMind
Warlord

Sent email to Tubok.

I liked that image most...I liked nerve stapling . I felt my enlightened administration had rights to deal with the drones who threatened my society...then I found out it was atrocity...and they blocked my trade
Old July 29, 2001, 18:55   #12
Black Sunrise
Prince

Local Time: 11:44
If you guys need a seventh, I'll take it.
indra@blacksunrise.com
only faction preference is please dont make me the peacekeepers. I apparently really suck at them.

Indra
Old July 29, 2001, 19:45   #13
EtheMind
Warlord

Thinking about the forthcoming PBEM I'd like to recommend ICQ for anyone interested of real time communication with your neighboring factions. With ICQ we could have real time Planetary Council! Since we're going to have alliances and world wars, creating east-west block all over again. And with cooperative victory(the single most important feauture of game) a total of three factions can actually win the game. Diplomacy with real humans become an issue which can enrich and deepen the game in unimagenable ways. In case anyone interested my ICQ UIN is 42219523.

And, no, this is not a promotion. I am not advertising ICQ nor applications involved.
Old July 29, 2001, 19:52   #14
Tubok
Chieftain

game going to start
Ok... I'll add you as the 7th player. if I can. I'll be setting up the game now..and sending it to the first person in line for a turn. I'll also include the emails of all players so the turns can get forwarded to the correct player.
Old July 29, 2001, 20:04   #15
EtheMind
Warlord

I presume you'll be setting a new thread for the game with full list of settings applied. Since their, at least, not clear for me...
Old July 29, 2001, 20:12   #16
Tubok
Chieftain

new thread
yup.. I will be posting a new thread with players that are in the game along with the settings. Will also send out the same via email also. ICQ is a good idea...but I don't use often. my number is: 1281662 if any is interested. :P
Old July 29, 2001, 21:55   #17
Tubok
Chieftain

Our 1st PBEM Game is underway.
Started a new thread, with the same info I emailed to the current players. Current players are:

Tubok
Vomitus
Dynamic
Popo
Methe Mind
Black Sunrise

[sorry for not having a 7th player. Was waiting for interested parties to email with their preferred factions and such. Didn't want to make the game as a whole have to wait any longer than needed. BUT..... if anybody is interested in another game, please llet me know your preferred factions 1st, 2nd, 3rd for both SMAC and SMAX.... and which smax/smac you prefer to play. I'll be more than happy to organize and setup another game.]