Old July 26, 2001, 01:05   #91
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
I hope you realize that most of the veterans have moved to the off-topic and will hardly remember some of these old (and new) on-topic posters.
There are very few if any real veterans of the site that post in the off topic exclusively. . .
I post in civ-2 strategy, civ3 suggestions, and this forum pretty regularly. once civ3 comes out, most of my time will be spent in the civ3 strategy forums probably. .

anyway, i think the most dedicated veterans are the same way. .

-theonion.com
Old July 26, 2001, 01:31   #92
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 01:45
Excellent choice of thread, Eyes. Too bad we don't have the old one with you and MWHC in it , but this one will do quite nicely to show Pa Beast your skill in cheating at civ. Also does a great job of showing off your fierce posting style, too! You're a stern one and let noone forget it! Yes, I guess it's best if you describe yourself to others...good show, young man!
Old July 26, 2001, 05:28   #93
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 14:45
This thread is turning into kicking my ass hard.
Another very simple reason why I want to interview on-topicer is that they can be asked questions about gaming, how the play, etc.
Also, both Velociryx and WesW are pretty much veterans. Next, with the exception of Markos, Dan, Ming and perhaps MtG, there's no poster known by anyone. But I'm trying to also make it interesting read for pure on-topicers. Look, there are people who only post on, for them an on-topic inteview would be most fun. Next, there are some off-topicers, who don't at all post in the on forums. I won't be saying the names here, but I wonder if they enjoy an on topic interview. Easy logics.
And finally, I hope to believe Ming, that once Civ 3 gets released , many from the OTF will move to on-topic.
Old July 26, 2001, 06:09   #94
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 13:45
Horsie, go whine about mountain cities.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old July 26, 2001, 06:15   #95
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Faces of Apolyton number 4 is President of the Pessimists Club, Yin26. The interview is to be made by me and any possible volunteers (hint!).
Old July 26, 2001, 06:38   #96
Colon™
Emperor

Who's Faces of Apolyton #3?
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old July 26, 2001, 06:41   #97
Solver
lifer
Deity

Tau Ceti.
Old July 26, 2001, 07:39   #98
Colon™
Emperor

The ever infamous question
Who's Tau Ceti?
Old July 26, 2001, 07:55   #99
Solver
lifer
Deity

Do you know anybody at all? Open the WesW announcement, you'll see. He runs the PBEM Tournament in SMAC.
Old July 26, 2001, 08:02   #100
Colon™
Emperor

"Do you know anybody at all?"

I know RAH.
Old July 26, 2001, 08:04   #101
Solver
lifer
Deity

Nah, stop mentioning the guy all the time.
Old July 26, 2001, 08:32   #102
Colon™
Emperor

I'm sorry but you asked whether I knew anyone at all...

What are PBEM tournaments anyway?
Old July 26, 2001, 08:35   #103
Solver
lifer
Deity

OK, don't you know it? Then wait when the interview gets published. It's pretty obviously what the name says - people play PBEMs, get score for them, etc.
Old July 26, 2001, 08:42   #104
Colon™
Emperor

Could you at least tell me what the acronym stands for?
Old July 26, 2001, 08:44   #105
Solver
lifer
Deity

You mean PBEM? It's play-by-email. When did you last play civ?
Old July 26, 2001, 08:52   #106
Colon™
Emperor

I played SMAC 12 hours ago but I don't MP.

Thank you for the clarification.
Old July 26, 2001, 08:53   #107
Solver
lifer
Deity

You should try it, if you have the latest (2.0 for SMAX) patch.
Old July 26, 2001, 09:00   #108
Colon™
Emperor

Maybe, but I'm not a regular player, I don't have SMAX and I'm rather choosy when it comes to other players. (I don't like playing for the sake of a score)
Old July 26, 2001, 09:01   #109
Solver
lifer
Deity

With SMAC also possible. AI is no real challenge, so try, at least once. Go to Tau or me.
Old July 26, 2001, 09:18   #110
Colon™
Emperor

Don't you guys have any diplo games?
Old July 26, 2001, 09:47   #111
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 04:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Faces of Apolyton number 4 is President of the Pessimists Club, Yin26. The interview is to be made by me and any possible volunteers (hint!).
YAYYY!

I'll be wanting to read that. and I guess I'll find out who Tau ceti is in the meantime.
Old July 26, 2001, 10:06   #112
Solver
lifer
Deity

Just like I'm really excited to make that one.
Old July 26, 2001, 12:55   #113
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Local Time: 06:45
Actually that work of art is still around GP, you just have to know where to look. And I don't see you contributing to the post count on my newest topic. I understand though, it's pretty rough in there and I wouldn't want you to come out emotionally scarred.

"Excellent choice of thread, Eyes. Too bad we don't have the old one with you and MWHC in it , but this one will do quite nicely to show Pa Beast your skill in cheating at civ. Also does a great job of showing off your fierce posting style, too! You're a stern one and let noone forget it! Yes, I guess it's best if you describe yourself to others...good show, young man!"

That was a pathetic attempt to sound intelligent. I will eat you alive if you post on my topic. Lets face it, you don't have the skill to beat me in the game or on the forum. Now unless you have something that I might find a challenge, get lost loser. Also, anytime you want a lesson in civ2 with the master, feel free to drop me a line. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now, everyone go to
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...5&pagenumber=1
Old July 26, 2001, 13:08   #114
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:45
Solver, it is REALLY time to realize this: The most posters on apolyton at this moment are posting in the OT, it is the most active section.

Also realize this:
Your interviews:

1.) Velociryx (AC strategy guide) [He Posts: AC General/Creation]
2.) WesW (CTP. Most people here hate CTP.) [He Posts: CTP sections and has a hosted website on apolyton]
3.) Tau Ceti (Alpha Centauri. Very few people come to this webpage for AlphaC) [He Posts: AC General/Creation. Is in PBEMS]
4.) yin26 (Civ III. Everyone loves Civ III.) [He Posts: Civ III sections]

2 are Alpha Centauri
1 is Civ III
1 is CTP

it is time for one from either the Alt.civ's or the Off Topic.
Off-topicers should boycot his 'hate' of the OT and not read any of the above interviews.

I will not read any interviews until he fairly takes at least one prominent OTer, (Alexander's Horse) and interviews him.

The most interesting personalities are in the OT because they can tell their ideas on the world.

And frankly, Solver, I have maybe seen you post once before you posted here in the Apolyton Community. Alexander's Horse has posted in Civ III, Civ II General, etc. Are you still sore that he called all CTP players, wusses? (Well... I might be insulted if I was addicted to CTP ) However, his ideas have generated much talk in the Civ III section.
Old July 26, 2001, 13:20   #115
Solver
lifer
Deity

You're free not to read interviews. WHy don't you want FoA 5 to be from Civ 2? OTF posters can't tell me so much about gaming. Also, you couldn't see much post much because I don't have the aim of posting everywhere. If I start OTF posters, it won't be soon, and it won't be AH. He should stop his damned insulting remarks.
Old July 26, 2001, 13:25   #116
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:45
The OT posters, with the exception of maybe 5 prominent ones: including Lazarus and the Gimp, Faboba and maybe GP, all started in the Civ III and civ II sections:

Just do a search for their names in those sections

examples:

Imran Siddiqui
Snapcase
Alexander's Horse
DarkCloud over 492 topics posted in! All QUALITY!

name any OT poster and try a search. If he has over 200 posts in Civ III, or II then he can be defined as both an OTer and a CIVVER and thus, have double appeal
Old July 26, 2001, 13:29   #117
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 12:45
Solver- rest assured that the majority of the interview I've sent to AH is very firmly rooted on Civ and Civ-type games. There are a few questions on Apolyton issues, and a couple of fun questions, but nothing that'll scare the troops.

Chris62- it's very difficult to make an e-mail-based interview a battle of wits. To an extent, all I can do is play the straight man and slip AH enough feed lines to do his stuff. Still, it should prove a laugh.

Unless, of course, I edit his answers. However that would be morally bankrupt of me....
Old July 26, 2001, 13:33   #118
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 12:45
I wasn't always "Lazarus and the Gimp", DarkCloud. I changed my username back in the days when account deletion was the only way of doing so.

However I started out as a firmly on-topic poster at OWO, and the fact that I rarely post on the On-Topic forums doesn't mean I don't read them.
Old July 26, 2001, 13:37   #119
Solver
lifer
Deity

I don't need any searches, I have access to the exact numbers, and see who is posting in both on and off-topic, and I see that AH has a good deal of on posts.
Bugs, I doubt it will be made FoA.
Old July 26, 2001, 13:41   #120
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
Chris62- it's very difficult to make an e-mail-based interview a battle of wits. To an extent, all I can do is play the straight man and slip AH enough feed lines to do his stuff. Still, it should prove a laugh.

Unless, of course, I edit his answers. However that would be morally bankrupt of me....
You could have set up a real time deal through ICQ, or one of the messenger programs like MSN, Yahoo or AOL.

At any rate, I'm sure it won't be as benile as it's predecessors.