Old July 24, 2001, 23:16   #1
RedArmy
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Problem with Scenario.slc
I had this problem before with scenario (Frenzy AI), when I reload the game, it losts the scenario and goes back to normal mode. I've got suggestions like start a new game with scenario selected, then load the saved game, but it didn't work

What I am doing now is, rather than saving the scenario in the scenario directory, I save it on top of (overwrite) the original game, which means (I intend to) the original game should be in Frenzy AI mode ???

For the files like DiffDB.txt etc., I know CTPII will pick them up and use them in the game, but how about Scenario.slc ? I think it is the most important for a scenario, the original Scenario.slc says it is intentionally left blank, so will CTPII use it if it is not blank? or still ignores it?

I think there must a way to test, like doing a popup in Scenario.slc to see if is picked up by CTPII, but I am not good at SLC scripting, could anyone help? or maybe, CTPII won't work this way
Old July 24, 2001, 23:34   #2
ENGINEER
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:18
I don't know anything about the scenario.slc, but if you replace the game files make sure you back up because you then won't be able to play all of the other mods like Med Mod II or Craddle or Apolyton Pack.

Once the save game bug happens to a file it is no longer good for anything even if you do it right later. Are you sure your trying the scenario's with a new game and save and reloading?
Old July 24, 2001, 23:46   #3
RedArmy
Chieftain

Hi Engineer, thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, I did backup of the original files before I overwrote them.

I know it is awkward to do this, I just want to get around with the scenario save/load problem. You know it's real frustrating when you find out you can not continue your scenario game which was started 8:00PM last night and saved 2:00AM this morning.

I tried starting with a new game in the scenario mode, and then load my saved old game, but it didn't work. Somtimes it works, even without starting a new game, but sometimes not, I just can't risk it anymore.

The Med Mod II or Craddle or Apolyton Pack you mentioned, have you played with them? they all look awesome, but I don't which one should I go for, I just want some mod with less bug, reliable and challenging (AI)
, did I ask too much?
Old July 25, 2001, 17:13   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 12:48
If scenario.slc is left blank, CTP2 still picks it up, but there is nothing to pick up in it. There has to be one in the default folder though, otherwise it will not be included, and so the scenarios' scenario.slc won't get noticed...

So yes, it will still work in the default directory.

Quote:
The Med Mod II or Craddle or Apolyton Pack you mentioned, have you played with them? they all look awesome, but I don't which one should I go for, I just want some mod with less bug, reliable and challenging (AI)
They all are awesome, and all improve the game, and AI. Possibly Cradle has the most aggressive AI, but none are really really deadly unless you are behind in tech. I would recommend you give them all a go, and see which one suits you best.
Old July 25, 2001, 20:00   #5
RedArmy
Chieftain

Thank you Wombat, for the very concise and precise information.