Old July 25, 2001, 17:18   #1
xprez
Settler

Local Time: 03:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ascent to transendence
good f***ing lord...

Okay, I have just about had it. I hardly ever finish my games because sometimes it takes forever to annihilate my enemies, but I decided to finish this one. I want to win by transendence so I wiped everyone off the map but two factions, and left 2-5 bases for each of them (so they exsist but are not a threat). Now that I have (I havn't counted) someodd 40-50 bases, and somewhere in the 200-300's formers (hehe I had a little 'global warming' problem... had to terraform the whole map back up), my turns take 15-30 minutes a piece. At this point I have almost EVERYTHING on full auto, except for flying combat units because they would destroy the enemy.

Now that I have rambled too long (sorry...), here is my question. How many freakin' D16's are there?!? I get two techs per turn now, and I am up to Transendent Thought 50. How many days will this take me?

Bleh... I've been on this map for ages.

-xprez

BTW is ACX any good?
Old July 25, 2001, 17:29   #2
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:48
D16s are just extra points, like Future Techs in Civ2. Ascent to transcendence is a secret project. With D15, threshold of transcendence you can build The Voice of Planet secret project. When that project is completed, then any faction may begin to build the Ascent to Transcendence s-p which is the game winner. (thus if you are building the Voice you need to have much production stored in supply units and energy credit to hurry finish the ascent to transcendence).
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; July 25, 2001 at 17:39.
Old July 25, 2001, 17:51   #3
xprez
Settler

why tank you
thank you much... and I also just realized that I don't have that as one of my victory conditions >
Old July 25, 2001, 18:29   #4
Avenoct
Prince

Local Time: 06:48
I think you could turn on the scenario editor and turn on 'transcendence'. Your score would reflect a 'cheat', but after all that work, maybe it's worth it.

-Smack
Old July 27, 2001, 18:31   #5
xprez
Settler

yup I thought about that... but then I realized that I had been taking over THAT world for about three weeks, nonstop. I was done with that.