Old November 10, 2000, 06:56   #1
Julius Brenzaida
King

Local Time: 23:46
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
The free the world challenge
As anyone already tried this ?
You play with raging hordes and your goal is to liberate the whole world. Bringing it back to the native, that is. You should win, when the last AI city is conquered by the barbarians. Not easy !
To make it more difficult, you should not be allowed to have more than one city at the end of the game, all the others being owned by the barbarians. The world would then be as free as possible !
One alternative difficulty is to decide if the barbarians have to liberate all the cities themselves or if you can capture some and hand them to the red ones.
At the exteme it is winning with OCC by conquering (with the help of the barbarians) the world !

What do you think of that ?

------------------
Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
Old November 10, 2000, 07:51   #2
Fiji
Chieftain

should be do-able

one problem is that you need at least one city on every continent to help the barbarians. (or in the endgame, several CVs and BBs)

also develope the techs that improve the barbarians earlier than in a normal game

I think I'm going to have a go at this
Old November 10, 2000, 14:33   #3
East Street Trader
Prince

Can't even think of a way to make a start on this.

If I do though, I'll try it. I love the look of barb units and cities. And I love those mysterious messages "Barbarians discover warrior code" that sometimes pop up after the barbs have taken a city. Naturally enough they always seem to concern military advances (and always anachronistic ones). It would be great to see "Barbarians discover Code of Laws" though. Would they suddenly get civilised and turn into a new civ do you think?

And I find the barbs most satisfactory as trading partners.

I only saw a barb conquest of an AI city taking place in a visible part of the map once - when multiple attacks by crusaders beat a warrior defender. The AI seem so strong against barbs that I suspect all such conquests come about when a city is ridiculously weakly held - or very early when chariots or legions come up against warrior defenders. Usually multiple attacks by barbs against AI units in the open, even against defenders with no terrain advantages, just seem to result in piles of barbarian bodies.

Different story when the b******* attack me.
Old November 10, 2000, 20:37   #4
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:46
Can I use Tom Demille's hacked occ scenario where you play as a civ and the barbs?
Old November 10, 2000, 21:11   #5
tonic
King

Smash, that would make an interesting Fortnight comparison game. Go to it!

JB, I really think this is worth an OCC comparison scenario especially with the Barb fix ala Tom de Mille (OCC17 http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001397.html?18) as mentioned by Smash. You experienced scenarists should be able to knock-up a scenario in no time