Old July 28, 2001, 15:38   #1
The Andy-Man
Prince

Local Time: 11:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ideas (plz help...)
I have a few good ideas for a mod pack, but i dont know how to do them . if some one else wants to they can:

rename Womens suffurage to Mass propaganda, and rename police stations to Govt. New agencies (idea that propaganda decreases peoples awarness of conflict and thus they dont know some units are away for them to become unhappy)

remaking the partisan unit, higher defence, lower offence and calling him a gurrila (sp)

take a few ideas from the fascist patch - armour desighn (heavy tanks), rename gunpowder to fire-arms and crat an early cannon, adding a dreadnaught as an early battleship.

adding a mechanty transport, extreamly cheep boat with low ratings (but 5 mouvment), that can only carry 3 units. specisaly designed to carry frieghts (i mean, why bother making masses of transports just to move a few freights? this is a cheap (like 200gp) unit to do that). tech needed, dunno, maybe the same as the invention of freight.

ground transport, hold 3. more cheep transports, but on land. save time moving 30 tanksm when just move 10 land transports, BUT, htey have low defence, so if an enemy attacks one, you lost alot (idea of convoys).

new tech, jet engine. have some planes that go inbetween stealth and fighters.

if any one wants to make this and wants more details, just ask (hint hint)
Old July 28, 2001, 20:37   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 21:54
Re: Ideas (plz help...)
Quote:
Originally posted by The Andy-Man
ground transport, hold 3. more cheep transports, but on land. save time moving 30 tanksm when just move 10 land transports, BUT, htey have low defence, so if an enemy attacks one, you lost alot (idea of convoys)
That dosn't work I'm afraid, the only units that can carry other units are ships.

Other then that, your ideas sound good
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old July 29, 2001, 10:41   #3
The Andy-Man
Prince

i am shore that there are things like massive lorries that do transport some ground units across land. i mean, would the army send a tank down a civilian motor way to get it to where ever?

and if not, just stick with a really modern tech (post modern) and just say it is an invention to come or something. Civ2 never really looked to the post modern age until extended original.

and wheres the use of good ideas if you cant make them
Old July 29, 2001, 11:26   #4
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 05:54
For old navies, the man-o-war was important. How about a pirate unit? Quick and strong on the attack. Sea mines would be good, too - zero attack, strong defense, high fp.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old July 29, 2001, 11:31   #5
The Andy-Man
Prince

there was a few ideas i dint mention, like the man o war. the pirate ship and mines sound good.

also replacing alpine troups with ground infantry. i mean, who in their right mind would have some skiers in their army
Old July 29, 2001, 17:32   #6
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:54
Quote:
Originally posted by The Andy-Man
there was a few ideas i dint mention, like the man o war. the pirate ship and mines sound good.

also replacing alpine troups with ground infantry. i mean, who in their right mind would have some skiers in their army
I suggest that you read Civilopedia! There's in clear text that the Finnish did in WWII. And without them, Finland would of been behind the Iron Curtain until the USSR fell... So I'm not complaining.
Old July 29, 2001, 17:54   #7
The Andy-Man
Prince

well, ok, so some skiers were in an army. but generally, i think an infantry unit would be more realistic...
Old July 29, 2001, 18:10   #8
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:54
I guess you are right... *sigh* there really ain't a decent infantry unit in Civ2. What kindofa unit were you planning on?
Old July 30, 2001, 02:29   #9
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 06:54
there's eleven extra slots for units in MGE, extra's i've added are spyplane, heavy armor, changed the submarine to diesel sub and nuclear sub plus i changed the graphics for the paratrooper, alpine troop and the helicpoter. I had to add an extra tech (i called it mechanized tactics),to get heavy armor, i think it required mobile warfare and robotics. if any one thinks i should make the prereqquisites tell. I've been planning on replacing the engineer with a bulldozer but i haven't gotten around to it. I've also been planning on replacing the Fanatic with a fascist and also trying to rename fanatisicm to facism but that would take a while. (I couldn't get the fascist patch to work and i ended up reinstalling civ half a dozen times ) I've been planning on adding a special forces unit and an advanced fighter. I don't know if I can post them though because I have no idea where i got most of the graphics. Its really easy though to add/change units and new technologies just make sure to back up your files!
i think you need to back up: describe.txt, game.txt, pedia.txt, rules.txt, and units.gif anyone correct me if i'm wrong or forgot one
Old July 30, 2001, 15:32   #10
The Andy-Man
Prince

the fasism patch and kestrels unit mania for tOt both rule.

infantry:

attack: 5
defence: 5
Movement: 1
treats all as road, ignores ZOC

the FP and HP (dont really gert them to much) would emphasise on defence.
Old July 30, 2001, 16:47   #11
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 13:54
Arent´that the exact same numbers as for the Alpine Troops?
Old July 30, 2001, 22:42   #12
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 05:54
Almost, it is an alpine troops with "ignore ZOC," a partisan on steroids, if you will.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old July 31, 2001, 10:28   #13
The Andy-Man
Prince

a partisan on steroids

i would say a low attakc rating, but infantry are used to 'clean up' what the tabks didn't do. perhaps making it 4, but having them ignor city walls also.

but no body is gonna make this......