Old August 1, 2001, 14:37   #31
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 07:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Don't worry Phutnote, you're not the only one. LOTS of people have rambled about things they don't know about. At least you can admit it.
Old August 2, 2001, 02:49   #32
meriadoc
Warlord

Local Time: 07:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I've got time (I'm "working" a late shift tonight) so I'll throw in some more of my "wisdom" for you to read. So why isn't there any news about the AI? Well, as Phutnote and others have said, the major reason is that they are most likely still working on it.

Why are they still working on it? Because they want to provide us with the best possible with AI (and yes, if that requires some well implemented cheating, then I don't mind) that they can. However, that is not easy. IBM spent billions to build a computer that barely beat a human player a relatively simple game like chess and Dr. Noonien Soong spent years inventing a super-complex positronic brain for his android, Commander Data (and even that wasn't perfect; Data had no emotions for example).

So they haven't told us much about the AI because they're still building it. Personally, I'd much rather that they spend time building the AI than hyping it.