Old July 30, 2001, 19:06   #1
BigJ
Settler

Local Time: 05:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
question
Ok, I've been away for a looong time (almost a year). I want to buy Ctp2, but the deciding factor is hotseat. I've tried to read everything about ctp2 in the forums I could, but it was alot to catch up on. So anyway, how viable is playing hotseat in ctp2? I know there are some bugs, etc., but what are they, and have any of them been fixed? I remember hearing about a fix for person to person diplomacy using slic... is this in the works?

Thanks for any help .
Old July 31, 2001, 06:09   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 13:57
So far as I know Hotseat works fine, but human to human diplomacy is still missing. I have no idea if Locutus is still working on the slic human to human diplomacy. So if you want to buy CTP2 only, because of Hotseat I would suggest forget it. No one enjoys it if human to human diplomacy is missing. If you want to have a single player strategy game you can buy but you have to use mods like MedPack, Craddle or Apolyton Pack.

-Martin
Old August 9, 2001, 17:35   #3
MaglevMan
Settler

Local Time: 11:57
hotseat?
what in the world is hotseat. i am a newbie who knows nothin about multiplay, i dont know even how to get to it
Old August 9, 2001, 19:08   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Other than the human-human diplomacy thing, there are no serious problems with Hotseat that I'm aware of. I just played another MedMod game on Hotseat yesterday and had no problems. Because of the diplomacy problem (which I'm indeed still working on but will take a while to finish as I'm very busy) playing Hotseat against humans isn't much fun, but as a single player game I still enjoy it. Picking your own opponents beats the hell out of random opponents. I mean, having the Romans, Greek, Phoenicians, Persians, Egyptians, Celts and Germans in a game feels so much better than Romans, Americans, Aztec, Thai, Bantu and Swedish...

MaglevMan,
Hotseat is playing a game on a single computer but with more than 1 human player (though in CtP's case 1 human player is still possible but contrary to regular games it allows you to choose your opponents rather than having them randomized). To set it up you have to change a value in one of the ldl files. I don't know anymore exactly which one (and it's too late for me to look it up) but I'm sure Martin or someone else can tell you...
Old August 11, 2001, 10:45   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

It is the spnewgame.ldl, you just have to remove to minus signs. If the two buttons should appear the code should look like:

Code:
	EmailButton:SP_BUTTON_BIG {
		string	text	"str_ldl_EMAIL"
		int	xpix	36
		int	ypix	490
		int	widthpix	140
		int	heightpix	32
	}
	HotseatButton:SP_BUTTON_BIG {
		string	text	"str_ldl_HOTSEAT"
		int	xpix	186
		int	ypix	490