Old July 30, 2001, 19:37   #1
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 06:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Alex's War Gallery
In case you haven't heard Alex is final issuing his Russian Civil War scenario from his site. Here's the hitch: I cannot load his site. It takes 20 minutes to get an un availability screen and if I do connect to it it partially loads and it takes a long time to load. Does anyone else experience this problem? Is there a way to fix it? BTW this happens everytime. I really don't want to miss this scenario...
Old July 30, 2001, 22:44   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

i tried it and i got a server not found error
Old July 30, 2001, 23:06   #3
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 05:57
His site's been down for a month or 2 now. How do you know he's issuing the scenario? The preview was posted on his site for over a year, but he suspended work on the scenario not long after.
Old July 31, 2001, 08:50   #4
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

How do I know?
Well, about four or five months ago, I checked his site and found that he had resumed work on the scenario and he had posted a few units in the preview each for everypart of the scenario: a Polish infantry unit for the Russo-Polish War, a Comissar for the Russian Civil War, General Wrangel for the Crimean Campaign, and a Basmachi for a Campaign in the Turkistan-Tannu Tuva (well that area) So I would check once in a while because it took so long to load and then one day I saw the site say that a web page would be up soon to hold the scenario when completed! I was excited to hear that, so I waited and emailed Alex about the slow down in his site and he actually answered me back and said that it's probably my computer and that I should click "refresh" on my browser which obviously doesn't solve the problem. So I will email him agian and ask him to fix his site or at least send me the scenario so I can distribute it.
Old August 5, 2001, 10:07   #5
The ANZAC
King

Well Alex hasn't replied to my email so I'll try again and see what's happening.....
Old August 7, 2001, 19:09   #6
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 05:57
Good luck !!!
Old August 8, 2001, 19:34   #7
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 12:57
Yeah, I too have seen that a couple of months ago... tuhu-tu-hu-tuhu (techumseh should understand)