Old August 1, 2001, 16:29   #1
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 07:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FIRAXIS Speaks... AGAIN!
Dan Magaha of FIRAXIS just posted this in the "Release Date" thread.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=23525

Didn't want anybody to miss it...
They read... they comment...

Optimists UNITE!!!!!!!
Old August 1, 2001, 16:38   #2
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 14:00
eeer can we please stop making new threads to tell people to see a certain a post in a another thread in the same forum?

i know these.... "firaxis sightings" are rare, but please people...

[cop voice]
ok, back off, back off, there is nothing to see here.... yes, it was a firaxian again... 4th time this week..... he just left a note and went back into the woods... move on, move on....
Old August 1, 2001, 16:39   #3
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Somebody ask him who yin really is...we've beaten everything else out of these people
Old August 1, 2001, 16:42   #4
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

[Rabid Civ Addict Voice on]

Oh come on Mark... I'm sick and tired reading all the... they don't care crap, they don't read what we write stuff... I just wanted to point out to fellow optimists that THEY DO CARE... AND THEY LISTEN....

[Rabid Civ Addict Voice off]

[Ming snide comment voice on]

And if you hadn't closed down the Optimist Club thread, I could have posted this there instead of starting a new thread

[Ming snide comment voice off]

Keep on Civin'
Old August 1, 2001, 17:09   #5
Colon™
Emperor

Was anyone able to wheedle out an autograph from him? I'm willing to pay lots of bucks....
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old August 1, 2001, 17:12   #6
Colon™
Emperor

BTW, Markos, you better close this thread before Eli invades and exclaims spamming by Ming and demands a PCR for everyone who posted here.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old August 1, 2001, 18:24   #7
Kautilya
King

Local Time: 06:00
Hey great news!!

Is this the first time that Firaxis has confirmed that the screenshots we have seen are out-of-date?
Old August 1, 2001, 18:57   #8
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
[Ming snide comment voice on]

And if you hadn't closed down the Optimist Club thread, I could have posted this there instead of starting a new thread

[Ming snide comment voice off]
Ban him mark ban him

But seriously folks,,,,

It is good to see them posting back at Poly again, I for one had grown cynical that they even bothered to pop over and read. It certainly has raised my hopes for a great gaem and i can start saving for the game again instead of drowning my sorrows....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old August 1, 2001, 19:06   #9
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:00
Hey, mod wars! Cool

Tenner on MarkG, he has the bigger banning rod

Lemme see the post...

Yes, actually that has confirmed some of my thoughts. Some of the screenshots I have seen looked awful, but when I saw the video of the game, it looks beautiful and smooth, so his comment on that some of the screenshots 'are months old' seems to ring true with me.

And will run on a low spec computer? Damn. I wanted all the bells and whistles for me Athlon 700

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old August 1, 2001, 19:12   #10
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:00
Thanks for opening this thread up Ming. I would have never seen Dan's comments in the other thread.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 1, 2001, 19:32   #11
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Colon
BTW, Markos, you better close this thread before Eli invades and exclaims spamming by Ming and demands a PCR for everyone who posted here.
NONE of the posts in this thread was on topic, all of this was SPAM, and SPAM by the MODERATORS and ADMINS themselves.

So Mark, show some consinsetncy(stupid word, how do I spell it?) and give yourself, Ming and Colon() a 10% PCR.

AND GIVE ME MY 300 POSTS BACK!

Old August 1, 2001, 20:55   #12
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 08:00
Quit your whining Eli. We're all just here for the civ.
Old August 1, 2001, 23:04   #13
Beckdawg
Chieftain

Location: proud member of OfAPeCiClu(THE DARK SIDE) I am know as the "loyal drunkard" of the group
First of all i will say this post is way off topic but where else would i post it? ok maybe it is just me but who really cares about your level of posts? I mean i come here to find out the new info on Civ 3 and that is about it. And even for you people who do care what does it matter? there aren't certain posts you can read only if your say a king. To me if i see some one who is a deity it means they spend a little too much time in here. I am not saying coming here is a bad thing, but if you are spamming just to get to a higher level what does that say about u? I am not saying talking in here is bad because i talk in message boards a lot, but you level means almost nothing. So, maybe it is just me but i don't understand what the big deal is. That is just my 2 cents and i am sure i will get some "nice" replys but oh well. Maybe one can give me a good reason to get to a higher level but i can't find one as of now
Old August 2, 2001, 01:19   #14
Sabre2th
King

I think you're missing the point, beck
Old August 2, 2001, 09:54   #15
SerapisIV
King

To each their own Beck. If people want to spend the time to make thousands of posts, so be it. If they're happy doing it, none of us is to say that they shouldn't.

If those people are also willing to put in the time to do so, why should there not be some minimal recognition of that fact, as the Apolyton Civ titles are. They don't hurt anyone, help anyone, or affect anyone in any way outside of this board, so why should it matter that they exist?
Old August 2, 2001, 10:31   #16
Sabre2th
King

I post because I like to talk about civ. There is information that other people have that I want. If my post count goes up in the process, oh well. Plus, I think we'd all rather have kings and emperors at Apolyton than murderers and drug addicts out on the street.

Old August 2, 2001, 20:26   #17
Beckdawg
Chieftain

Location: proud member of OfAPeCiClu(THE DARK SIDE) I am know as the "loyal drunkard" of the group
well like i said maybe it is just me. I guess i must be missing something lol cuz why in the hell would u wanna post that many times just for a title? I under stand it if you are talking about the game, but if you are spamming then what is the purpose? That is what i was trying to ask i guess. The said thing is i come here for news.....and there hasn't been any since like june lol. oh well i guess that is why i turned pessimistic
Old August 2, 2001, 20:32   #18
Sabre2th
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Beckdawg
The said thing is i come here for news.....and there hasn't been any since like june lol. oh well i guess that is why i turned pessimistic
What are you talking about?

There's been a news update just about every day this past week. There was an update pretty much every third day for most of July...
Old August 2, 2001, 21:57   #19
tniem
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabre2th
What are you talking about?

There's been a news update just about every day this past week. There was an update pretty much every third day for most of July...

I think he is talking about news straight from Firaxis. But then why would you come here? To spam, of course.