Old August 3, 2001, 22:27   #1
Alex 14
Prince

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
One thing i like in the science
In the newest screens, you can see at the bottom of the science tree, a message saying ancient times, then an arrow pointing to middle ages. I think this will give the game a better 'feel' for time throughout the game.
Old August 3, 2001, 23:57   #2
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 08:05
okay..........
Old August 4, 2001, 01:55   #3
Alex 14
Prince

Local Time: 22:05
Any opinions, any ideas.... Anything else you want to add, Sabre?
Old August 4, 2001, 04:44   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:05
Quote:
Any opinions, any ideas
Yeah it's good to have. There's not much more to say than that.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 4, 2001, 09:46   #5
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:05
Surely the gameplay should give you the feel for the age, not a little message saying "ancient" or "middleages"
Old August 4, 2001, 09:51   #6
Sabre2th
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex 14
Anything else you want to add, Sabre?
Nope.
Old August 4, 2001, 09:58   #7
Ralf
King

Local Time: 13:05
Re: One thing i like in the science
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex 14
In the newest screens, you can see at the bottom of the science tree, a message saying ancient times, then an arrow pointing to middle ages. I think this will give the game a better 'feel' for time throughout the game.
Added to above, I think it would be nice if the city-on-map graphics also changes; like it does in Civ-2 - from pre-industrial to 19:th century industrialism, and from industrialism to late 20:th century modernism.
Old August 4, 2001, 10:00   #8
Sabre2th
King

I'm sure they included that, Ralf, and I'm reasonably sure that they've improved it a bit.
Old August 4, 2001, 13:07   #9
tniem
King

Local Time: 07:05
Ralf, it looks from the screens that they have. In that one screen shot with the pink writing and all of the roads that everyone hates, it appears that Germany has entered the Industrial Age or something with all of those smoke stacks.

In the same shot, north of Germany is an Asian nation with the wooden buildings they are famous for. Early shots don't show the smokestacks leading me to believe your cities are going to be unique by culture and grow and change with their size and with their age.

Something else I noticed about cities is that they seem to have a center area that is empty. Maybe this is going to allow you to see the units defending the city without attacking or this could be to allow wonders to be seen on the map Either way it would be a nice touch.
Old August 4, 2001, 16:08   #10
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:05
Quote:
Originally posted by tniem
Ralf, it looks from the screens that they have. In that one screen shot with the pink writing and all of the roads that everyone hates, it appears that Germany has entered the Industrial Age or something with all of those smoke stacks.

In the same shot, north of Germany is an Asian nation with the wooden buildings they are famous for. Early shots don't show the smokestacks leading me to believe your cities are going to be unique by culture and grow and change with their size and with their age.

Something else I noticed about cities is that they seem to have a center area that is empty. Maybe this is going to allow you to see the units defending the city without attacking or this could be to allow wonders to be seen on the map Either way it would be a nice touch.
Don't get too excited, maybe it's just the city square, eih? Maybe they could have the Zulus dwelling in mud cottages or whatever they are called while like the Germans would live in stone houses? Interesting, very interesting.