Old August 5, 2001, 21:42   #1
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
This is eating me alive, Civ 3 where are you?
Why oh why did i have to read the Civ 3 preview? WHY I ASK YOU? TELLLL MEEE. I CANT GET IT OUTA MY HEAD. yes i know i have problems and i should deal with them.

Well im gonna be the first to say this so here goes.

I DEMAND A DEMO RIGHT NOW AND HERE!

A demo can hold me off for a couple months dont you think?

yes that would be very nice indeed.
Old August 5, 2001, 21:57   #2
star mouse
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 23:09
Do what I do. Start a nice, long CIV2 campaign.

I'm up to 1500 AD on a large map with 7 civs in a Bloodlust game where everyone has some modern tech and big home continents....
Old August 5, 2001, 22:36   #3
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Re: civ3 OD
You don't read many of yin's posts, do you?

It'd be interesting if you were the first case of someone losing his/her job before a civ game came out. Somebody keep an eye on him
Old August 6, 2001, 03:53   #4
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 14:09
i am taking a vacation in the countryside. there IS internet connection there, but it's so bad it will effectively kill my urge to read & post here for a month. after that i'll be either cured or sacked....
Old August 6, 2001, 14:56   #5
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 08:09
Bad=slow? Or just unreliable? BTW - If you leave now, you might not go insane with the rest of us.
Old August 6, 2001, 16:57   #6
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Hehe nah i dont think ill be losing my job.

Maybe my mind, or perhaps some sleep. But the job feeds my needs.

and i think i miss most of yins messages, why whats the word?
Old August 6, 2001, 17:04   #7
Rommel393
Warlord

Local Time: 06:09
i got fired 4 days ago saw it coming. i wonder if my firing and waiting for civ3 has any connection only time will tell
Old August 6, 2001, 17:26   #8
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Re: yin
Quote:
and i think i miss most of yins messages, why whats the word?
He'll suck all your interest in the game right out of you. Check out page 2 or maybe 3, most of his hot topics should be there (my civ3 review..)

And Rommel, how exactly did you 'see it coming'? Did Sid appear in your dreams?
Old August 6, 2001, 19:00   #9
SerapisIV
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel393
i got fired 4 days ago saw it coming
Jeez, that sucks. Good luck finding a new one
Old August 6, 2001, 22:01   #10
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Ah yin is full of it.
Old August 6, 2001, 22:45   #11
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Read the posts first, Draco. Many people seem determined to ignore what I'm writing and make me the Evil Poster. They can have fun if they want, but quite a few people around here actually understand what I'm saying.

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old August 7, 2001, 06:28   #12
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Hehe, yes i know, just wanted to get you to post something

Just being an ass, i went back and read one artical, looks like your looking forward to this game right.

Well im gonna get it, i trust Sid and Firaxis. Especially when it comes to precious cargo like Civ.
Old August 7, 2001, 13:23   #13
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Ok i see whats going on here, i understand what your saying and i do think your full of it. Granted you seem intelligent and your entitled to your own opinion but your posts seem more like propiganda to me. You write these long convincing articles and i think, well who cares. Blah blah blah blah. Why not say your not planing on getting the game because it doesnt look like its going to be good. Those who agree with you understand. But instead you write on and on as if to change the minds of others.
I see two sides of this. One being its good to show an alternite side of what firaxis dishes out. The second is that we all should be smart enough to take information and news and believe whatever we want to.

Now me myself im looking forward to Civ 3 because of the culture and new trade system, thats what was always missing from civ 2 for me, so really everything else doesnt matter, sure its great but its not as important. Now im sure there will be things i dont like but hey, even your favorite game has something you think should or shouldnt be there.

But what the hell, im a glass is half full kind of guy. I think thats the best way of looking at it because you still dont forget that the glass is half empty too.
Old August 7, 2001, 13:30   #14
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Quote:
Ok i see whats going on here, i understand what your saying and i do think your full of it. Granted you seem intelligent and your entitled to your own opinion but your posts seem more like propiganda to me. You write these long convincing articles and i think, well who cares. Blah blah blah blah. Why not say your not planing on getting the game because it doesnt look like its going to be good.
First off, calm down. A flamefest isn't a good thing.

Yin has said all along his goal is to make civ3 better by being pessimistic. That's all, he's not spitting out propoganda or anything. He's actually being pretty funny, while accomplishing his goal. He isn't bashing the game: that's what he meant by "you don't understand."

It's ok to say things like "he'll suck the interest of the game out of ya" because it's just poking stupid fun. I hope when I said it, it wasn't taken the wrong way.
Old August 7, 2001, 14:32   #15
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Flamefest?

Just to let you in on a little secret, im the flamewar freaking master of this universe .

Maybe you didnt read what i said? I understand, perhaps better than most. If you choose to believe that i dont understand that is fine. I dont care. I chose to express what i felt about his articles, im not saying he should stop, hes free to do as he wishes as long as it doesnt cross the line. I think he is full of it , dont i have the right to think that? Im not so blind as to ignore anything he says from now on. Am i wrong?
Old August 7, 2001, 14:40   #16
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 06:09
Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
Read the posts first, Draco. Many people seem determined to ignore what I'm writing and make me the Evil Poster. They can have fun if they want, but quite a few people around here actually understand what I'm saying.
I wonder every day how Apolyton can fit yin's enormous ego and self-importance without bursting at the seams. Must be that new elastic server Markos got.

Old August 7, 2001, 15:21   #17
SerapisIV
King

Yin, you're not the evil-poster, just a doom-sayer. You're posts have evolved your Civ3 Apolyton image to be similar to the soapbox preachers who stand in the middle of the park telling people that the end of the world is near. I'm not saying I agree with that view, but endless complaints and nitpicking of Firaxis gets old quick, the game hasn't even been released yet. Try and relax, it i still a game you know.
Old August 7, 2001, 16:35   #18
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Quote:
. I think he is full of it , dont i have the right to think that? Im not so blind as to ignore anything he says from now on. Am i wrong?
Of course you have a right to think and post that, no one ever said you didn't. I just stated my opinion, which happened to be different from yours. I never tried to beat you down or anything

Quote:
I wonder every day how Apolyton can fit yin's enormous ego and self-importance without bursting at the seams. Must be that new elastic server Markos got.
Ego? Self importance? Sure, the game's not out yet, but he has his reasons. Don't be so quick to slam people, or others will be coming after your every post as well.
Old August 7, 2001, 17:39   #19
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Wiglaf: Thanks for the support, and I didn't take your initial comment in a bad way or anything.

Hey, lots of people think I'm full of it and have a huge ego. But I also actually try to get things done, too, be it through bug lists, suggestion lists, posting decent ideas, say, for a Limited Edition, whatever. So take the good with the bad, I say.

Also, I have never considered myself more important than anybody else who posts here. I do think, however, most people are passive sheep, but that's fine considering it IS just a computer game we are talking about here and not open heart surgery or something. I'm fully aware of that.

Hopefully my Apolyton interview will be posted soon because I address most of these issues in far more detail so people might understand I'm not as neurotic as my posts might often make me look...

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old August 7, 2001, 18:14   #20
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Quote:
Just being an ass
A few hours later...

Quote:
Ok i see whats going on here, i understand what your saying and i do think your full of it. Granted you seem intelligent and your entitled to your own opinion but your posts seem more like propiganda to me. You write these long convincing articles and i think, well who cares. Blah blah blah blah. Why not say your not planing on getting the game because it doesnt look like its going to be good.
I wish my cold would go away that fast
Old August 7, 2001, 19:57   #21
bigfree1

Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
Yeah Budy, read first, criticize second!

I'm one of the few who understand you (Ithink?)Although claiming to understand someone who's been "dumped on" like you have in the last few days.....maybe I'm opening myself up for a huge truck full myself!

Keep up the work, Yin, at least your honest and intellgible!