Old August 5, 2001, 22:44   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
3 Players wanted for further 3-player gametest
The Axis Awakens

3 players wanted to play as the Spartans, the Hive and the Believers against a souped-up AI

This is a further test of the Master/Slave concept whereby three AI factions start off as slaves of a strong fourth. The intent is to see if they do indeed co-ordinate research and share tech.

The scientist factions from Unity (led by the xenobiologist Lady Deirdre Skye who has enslaved Zakharov, Aki Zeta-five and Datajack Roze) are bent on ridding Planet of the three warmongering factions (!!) who need to unite to stave them off.

Any takers?

I got whumped in playtesting, but mainly 'cos I played as an individual faction and the two others were AI factions that couldn't co-ordinate anything. I'll also do them as three playable SP games and hang them in Rynn's Gallery - transcend level)

G.
Old August 5, 2001, 22:58   #2
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 07:09
This sounds like fun. Sign me up.

I can handle either the Spartans or the Hive. I'm not quite as adept at playing Sister Miriam and her Believers, but I can even play her if necessary.

Last edited by Qantaga; August 5, 2001 at 23:27.
Old August 5, 2001, 23:21   #3
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Single-player versions now hung on the site:

http://googlie2.tripod.com/rynnsgallery/id5.html

Remember to unzip them to your scenario file, then choose "Scenario", and then "Play Scenario" to open.
Old August 7, 2001, 07:24   #4
Tai Mai Shu
Warlord

Local Time: 12:09
Just bumping because I'm interested in seeing how this group fares with situations reversed from the original
Old August 7, 2001, 09:31   #5
Googlie
Emperor

Quantaga is the only taker so far.

I will lower the AI's chanxes of victory in the 3 SP game versions (in all 3 the Gaians elected themselves supremo after 100 or so years, so I'll disable that option for the single player versions).

I will also give the 3 axis factions an unbreakable pact from the beginning in the SP versions - in all my playests I ended up in vendetta against one of the other two despite my gifts, various placations, etc.

G.
Old August 7, 2001, 10:05   #6
Tikhon
Settler

Local Time: 04:09
If no one else is interested, I could play Miriam. Though I'm a librarian player, I'd be willing to put some effort into trying to survive in a difficult game.

Also, unlike what the site describes, Miriam [at least] has no contacts at the beginning.

Last edited by Tikhon; August 7, 2001 at 20:28.