Old August 8, 2001, 03:09   #1
star mouse
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 23:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenario think tank
First of all, I'm being a bit presumptuous here, but I'm hoping that CIV3 will be released with a decent scenario editor like CIV2 was. Assuming that's the case, I'm creating this thread as a think tank for the scenario makers.

One idea I have had for an interesting scenario is titled "Age of Stone". Yep, the Stone Age. Imagine taking a tribe from 300,000 BC to the dawn of history.

Techs wouldn't be a problem. One might start with basic techs like Firemaking, Herb Lore, Hand Axes. Later techs might be Animal Tracking, The Ways of Horses, Spearmaking, Stone Lore, Bow and Arrow, Ropemaking and Domestication of Dogs. Really advanced ones in the end game might be Hut Construction, Horse Domestication and Agriculture.

Where this particular scenario may be problematic would be military units, tribal improvements and wonders.
Old August 8, 2001, 03:29   #2
Timeline
King

Local Time: 07:13
Here are the details of one scenario that may ship with the game:

Quote:
.... 2-8 civilization scenario. The map is divided down the middle. On the left half, there is a web of archipelagos and a small chain of islands on the far left. On the right half, a large, empty body of seas with one large continent on the far right. A buffer and wall of mountains will restrict movement (though I'm hoping that we'll be able to lock the horizontal wrap). Strategic resources will be distributed to promote an air unit composition on the left and naval unit composition on the right. You start with a settler, a worker and a single infantry. The tech tree is cropped to solely the industrial era, removing prerequisites from the previous eras improvements and units. It also has reduced industrial era improvement and unit prices so that you can actually build a warship/plane in first 20 turns. The addition of allies for both sides offers interesting possibilities, such as handicapping the AI or player, treachery, and coordinated attacks. Conquest victory only."
Head over to scenario plans thread to discuss a scenario I am planning to develope.
Old August 8, 2001, 12:20   #3
SerapisIV
King

Where did you get that scenario quote from Timeline? QWas that a Firaxis idea or a Apolyton idea?
Old August 8, 2001, 13:41   #4
Timeline
King

It's from Jeffrey Morris himself, he made the post in a thread I started. Scenario Plans For Civ III