Old January 4, 2001, 02:47   #1
markusf
King

Local Time: 23:49
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Super Growth strat.
Here is what i have been using lately, its very simple and very effective. I can beat anyones science and tech output with half the cities.(spaceflight at 1200 AD, 1x 1x, king, no wonders, tech trading, huts or caravans to other civs) Here is step by step what you do.

1. build settlars and go make cities SPACED OUT, connect them by roads.
2. go for monarchy, as soon as you get it irrigate everything and go for trade.
3. once you have trade go for rep, by this time you should have 15 or 16 cities with about 16 settlars. (about 1 ad and all your land should be transformed and irrigated + roads)
4.set your inner cities to build caravans.
5.once in rep send carvans from all your cities into your capitol.
6. Go for mono, build libraries & temples & market places. keep all your cities celebrating with 20% luxeries.
7. go for construction & sanitation. By the time you get them most of your cities should be size 8, then you celebrate your cap up past size 20. Once you have done this ALL the trades routes in EVERY city will grow by one, forcing them to celebrate as well.
8 switch to dem at about 300 AD and you should make $400 gold per turn and 2 turns a tech and by that time your far ahead of everyone else. Use all the extra gold to buy improvements and go for exchanges and univeristy. They buy those in your huge cities.

Here is a pic of a game i played with carnide today, i am 1 tech from railroad here. I have dem, mono, navigation,economics, university etc. About 20% less cities then everyone else, half the maintaince costs, but double the income and science. In this pic i am making 800 gold a turn and 2 turns a tech at 50% science
Old January 4, 2001, 03:30   #2
markusf
King

In another 7 player game i played that was 2x production i used a modified version of this this strat. I build the following 14 wonders

Mikes, bachs, SOL, marco polo, shakespear, womens sufferage, leo's, united nations, adam smiths, darwins,great wall, hanging gardens, newtons collage colossus and i was about to build hoovers before we stoped.

With players like Arii and moker in the game this was no small feat!

The most important thing about this strat is that it blows ics out of the water, by 500 AD i can support 4 to 5 units out of my big cities in dem, or i can just bribe the **** out of a ics player. not only that i can maintain 2 turns a tech, tech rate while waging war. This means that ICS is dead(at 1x at least).
Old January 7, 2001, 19:38   #3
Kristjan
Warlord

Well, I tried this one with deity this evening. I built just 6 cities and the whole business was somewhat harder than your description (logical, deity is 3 levels higher than prince is), but I still found that this strategy works good. I most probably could have done it better, but I still started building SETI in 1905, quite good for deity. I built following WoWs: Great Library, Shakespeare's Theatre, Michelangelo's Chapel, Darwin Voyage, Hoover Dam, SETI Program.
Old January 8, 2001, 15:04   #4
markusf
King

I played most of my games on king.

I have noticed that building wonders actually slows you down. Because if your not using your caravans for building trade routes, your science rate falls. There are also a good many wonders & techs you dont' really need for space flight. I don't know how this strat works on single player, but it works great in MP. (1 turn to build a road) no ai bugging you all game. etc