Old August 10, 2001, 04:58   #1
Mannamagnus
Prince

Local Time: 13:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Just concise remarks, no socializing or nagging
Civ3 is in the last stages of its development. The new civ3 website gave us a lot of new info on what the game will be like. Some of us might come across something Firaxis might have overlooked and can easily correct.

This forum is ideal to bring it to Firaxis' attention.
The problem however is that there's so much nagging and socializing going on that it takes a lot of reading/time to go through all posts so valuable criticism might be lost.

I suggest to use this thread to very concisely (meaning preferably in one sentence) state the problem you came across and use other threads to elaborate, complain, socialize or nag.
Old August 10, 2001, 04:58   #2
Mannamagnus
Prince

I think it's very hard to tell the difference between a happy, a content and an unhappy citizen. It seems the only way they differ is by their facial expression.
Old August 10, 2001, 05:04   #3
Arator
Warlord

Local Time: 06:17
NO APPARENT ABILITY TO ADD OUR OWN CUSTOM CIVS TO THE PLAYABLE MIX IN A STANDARD RANDOM MAP NON-SCENARIO GAME!

This is a fatal flaw IMHO, especially with only a meager 16 built-in civs.

CELTS rule! (or did)

I'd also like to add ARABS, ISRAELIS, SPANISH, and INCAS as CUSTOM CIVS, at the very least.
Old August 10, 2001, 05:06   #4
Grim Legacy
Prince

I think that special abilities and the Golden Age event have the ability to disrupt continuous gameplay.

Also, I'm surprised Firaxis had again made odd choices regarding the civs/nations that are in the default game. It shows historical bias.
Old August 10, 2001, 11:31   #5
Adm.Naismith
King

Starting of Golden Age only because of a victory against enemy with your unique unit, will force ever the more pacifist player to wage a war only to gain the advantage.

Can't the Golden age depends (also) from some key tech discover? You can map a different key tech for every Civ?

You defined a reference table about religious / commercial / militaristic etc. for every Civ, can't you add the Golden age discover, too? (probably it' s too late, but...).
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith
Old August 10, 2001, 12:17   #6
shum00
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:17
I would have to agree with Mannamagnus, the happiness of the citizens is harder to determine without the different colors of Civ2.
Overall, I am happy with the site and progress of the game.