Old February 8, 2002, 08:44   #421
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 13:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
turn 2228 to darius

is thought control allowed in a democracy?
Old February 9, 2002, 19:59   #422
Darius
Prince

Local Time: 07:18
John, I already started an aerospace complex in Psi Consensus. Great minds think alike? And thanks for the suggestion re: Sam units. I've got more in the pipeline now.

My chopper is back on station and fully healed at Psi Consensus. However, there are no target-rich Hive bases any more. He has a PB within range, but protected by TWO 5AAA garrisons. Maybe I'll go plink a few formers and such.

Turn to John around 11:00 this morning. (Sorry for the late post. Real life )
Old February 10, 2002, 03:33   #423
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Finished the Planetary Energy Grid - I had a lot of Energy Banks already, but I sold a lot of them back and don't have to pay expenses on them any more; plus the free ones in new bases and the ones that didn't have them yet.

Knowhow2, you should probably wait until after you get Photon/Wave from me before you accept Monopole Magnets from Darius. I think it should happen in 2231, on the same turn from your perspective (although Darius will finish it in the MY before, but after our turns), so you just need to pass on Darius' negotiation if it comes up before mine (if mine comes up first, no problem). If Darius and I are both good boys , we will tell you in our negotiation notes, as well as in the thread, what we changed our research to. Assuming Darius is playing along with the idea of getting Super Tensile, he and I will attempt to research Probability Mechanics and NanoMiniaturization; you can try to research one of those if we can't. If we can, you could also research the NanoMiniaturization, as that part of the path has an extra tech NanoMetallurgy, before Matter Compression, or you could duplicate Darius's tech because his rate is a lot less than ours, whichever you think more efficient (if you want to think about it ).

Darius, I gave you the ec's for the Aerospace Complex at Psi Consensus; didn't see any bad stuff by the Spartans for a change, but I don't have any more units on your north shore either.

Didn't see your post until I had already moved, but didn't matter. Re knocking out the PB, the missile at Psi Consensus is for softening up the defenders, perhaps I'll bring over another one (or maybe I can reach The Hive with a missile from my mainland). I brought a fresh chopper over to Psi Consensus from Pi Complex, but it got shortstopped by knowhow2's base in between - I should have guided it rather than just dragged and dropped - I don't think that base is close enough to the Hive to hit the PB and return, but maybe? Anyway, don't do anything too dangerous with your chopper to get it injured and let me know if you can handle a missile or two with your SE settings without too many drones, in case it works better for you to do the whole attack. I can always send some missiles to your punishment spheres, and give them to you there assuming that you have some (and make it easy by telling me where they are).

So what is the verdict on me going Thought Control?

Last edited by johndmuller; February 10, 2002 at 03:53.
Old February 10, 2002, 05:47   #424
knowhow2
King

turn to darius

report later
Old February 10, 2002, 15:37   #425
Darius
Prince

John, thanks for the ec's. The Aero Complex will complete next turn. I could refund 66 credits to you if you wish, or I could keep them and put them to good use. (Considering that you are raking in 996 ec per turn ) Let me know.

I sent my chopper at Psi Consensus out looking for Hive formers or crawlers, but couldn't find any that weren't within two squares of an interceptor. So I destroyed a mine. Unfortunately, I forgot that destroying an enhancement ends a chopper's turn and leaves it hanging, and it was destroyed by a interceptor. Sorry.

I don't have a problem with Thought Control or any other SE settings. But I will direct Googlie's attention here to get a ruling.

2230 to John.
Old February 11, 2002, 10:28   #426
knowhow2
King

late report:

I am on my way to eradicate UoP since he refuse to surrender (I would have done it already if it wouldn't for HIVE missile bombing out all the units I had i two bases nearby )

I went thought control but I can always get off it (especially when I get Eudomia or cybernetic).

Unless we are in a hurry (the searising obviuosly) I don't mind us building for awhile till next attack (I did finished off UoP all by myself and most of CyC). How do I get more ECs, I need more ECs each turn to upgrade stuff.
Old February 11, 2002, 21:07   #427
johndmuller
King

2230 to knowhow2.

I guess Yang is still regularly cleaning out knowhow2's base Phi Lumiere, where my chopper was shortstopped last turn (I sent a probe in there to protect the base too )

I brought a fresh attack chopper to Psi Consensus (along with a better garrison and (by mistake) a SAM chopper) I couldn't reach it with any of my mainland missiles, but I will be able to next time (I think) so I can bring two or three missiles to bear on whatever defense Yang has in the Hive.

If you are getting bored, knowhow2, you can always use some of your air force to give some support to Darius on his western front with Yang (and apparently Santi too). They are not pushovers like those other two (not that you didn't do an impressive job of routing Zak).

Darius, keep the ec's; I can give you some more if it will help; you too knowhow2. It would be nice if you two could cut back on that ecodamage if you are still doing it (haven't checked in a while) so we don't all have to keep messing with raising terrain just the right terrain to try to protect the coastline. (I've got these boreholes along the coast, sometimes with nice kelp/solars or resource specials on the shelf right offshore, so if the coast goes either way I lose something.)

I still like going for Prob Mech and Nanominiaturization.
Old February 12, 2002, 10:56   #428
knowhow2
King

Zak is eradicated.

turn to darius

3 turns to go before breakthrough

I took a hive base so it would make your invasion much easier, darius
Old February 13, 2002, 22:39   #429
Darius
Prince

2231 to John.

knowhow2, your former Hive base was undefended when I opened my turn, so I dropped in a AAA garrison and a probe. The Hive killed them both with missiles, so it's empty again. (I survived the first missile, though.)
Old February 15, 2002, 05:45   #430
knowhow2
King

turn 2231 to darius

Which front should attack from? west? east?
Old February 15, 2002, 13:14   #431
Darius
Prince

I meant to tell you before, I have zero ecodamage now. However, I just got a message that sea levels are rising dramatically. A Spartan base was submerged and destroyed.

I finished a few building projects this turn, and will be pop booming soon. I'm not ready right now for detailed invasion planning (of the Hive), but it looks like I could come in from the east and you, knowhow2, could come in from the south and/or west.

I discovered Monopole Magnets and offered it to both of you. I forget what I'm researching now (I played the first half of my turn over breakfast this morning, and finished it now at lunchtime at work) but I told you both in the commlinks.

I killed a Hive missile and a Spartan chopper in my spare time.

2232 to John.
Old February 15, 2002, 21:50   #432
knowhow2
King

turn to darius
Old February 15, 2002, 23:55   #433
Darius
Prince

John, nice work on the PB.

Turn to John.
Old February 17, 2002, 18:09   #434
johndmuller
King

Interesting, I'm now in NY and didn't have any trouble getting onto Poly - the last few turns I wasn't able to connect - you guys were apparently able to connect during that time. It seems like they fiddled with the Routing/DNS settings, maybe my machine had locked into the old numbers. I had been leaving it on all the time, so maybe it never tried to re-lookup Poly's address??? I guess we'll see when I get back to DC.

Darius, the former on my mainland in the NW should do a Borehole @ (40,20) = looks like you might be heading there anyway.

You guys should try to research NanoMetalurgy when knowhow2 finishes the ProbMech (otherwise duplicate my research of NanoMiniaturization as a stall - I am reasonably convinced of the theory that withheld techs are offered the next time - 2 out of 3 overall).

I'm slowly advancing on Santi's territory, she isn't putting up much redsistance, but it is taking me a while to build enough units to occupy her bases. Hopefully Yang will mind his own business and not start lobbing missiles at me there. I thought that I might just be able to buy all her bases, thus getting the garrisons already there, but the 2nd one was going to cost 2000 ec, so I guess I can only afford small bases.
Old February 18, 2002, 06:28   #435
knowhow2
King

turn 2233 to darius

one regular tech (breaktrough)
one cashed in tech

I took four Hive bases this turn......
Old February 20, 2002, 20:31   #436
Darius
Prince

I took a Hive sea base this turn, with another to follow next turn.

Pop boom is underway.

I'm researching Naniminiaturization (not that it matters).

2234 to John.
Old February 21, 2002, 15:38   #437
johndmuller
King

Took another Spartan base; Santi offered a truce (no submission though); perhaps she'll give up before we have to wipe her out.

Emptied out one of Yangs bases near Psi Consciousness, but didn't really have enough to occupy it; it's certainly available if one of you want it.

We are all researching Nanomin at the moment; it looks to me like I will finish it first, but knowhow2 might instead if our relative tech rates change much; not for a couple of years anyway.

Darius: Please move the Former @ (60,36) to (62,32) for BoreHole; the Former @ (35,11) to (36,8) -it will be dry land next turn- for another BoreHole.
Old February 22, 2002, 22:30   #438
Darius
Prince

2235 to John.
Old February 23, 2002, 19:15   #439
johndmuller
King

Nothing major; took another Spartan base; they almost took it back.
New tech coming up next turn; will give it to you all; still working toward Super Tensile.
Old February 25, 2002, 17:58   #440
knowhow2
King

turn 2235 to darius
Old February 26, 2002, 20:16   #441
johndmuller
King

Sorry for reload message; had a freeze-up - at least I hadn't done much yet (was in the midst of the previous version of my now much less erudite Tech Choice dissertation - following).

Researched NanoMiniaturization, was offered Unified Field and Planetary Economics (Hybrid Forests) and went with the latter and gave the Nano to each of you. I would suggest that at least knowhow2 also research the Planetary Economics, so that when he gets it (and gives it to me) we can both research Matter Compression on the way to Super Tensile Solids. Both Unified and Plan-Econ are getting us closer to Quantum Power, 'which will make our forces practically invincible'.

Darius, the place I had in mind for the BoreHole on Key Morgan was (36,8), although you could do one at (33,9) instead if you'd rather.

I captured a couple more Spartan Bases (now Santi is skipping the truce offer and going directly to the denounciation - promise of eradication stage).
Old February 27, 2002, 06:31   #442
knowhow2
King

turn 2236 to darius

took another Hive Base. Sending in the Green War Machine now. Should rock all the coastal bases. Hive is going down.

researching PE
Old February 27, 2002, 13:02   #443
Darius
Prince

2237 to John. I am also researching Planetary Economics.
Old February 28, 2002, 16:32   #444
johndmuller
King

Santi managed a bit of a counter-attack, but we took them out and took another nibble of her territory to boot.

Darius, did you get a ruling on Mind Control? I haven't used it yet and it seems like we don't really need it to get Santi or probably Yang either; the "Wave" seems to be enough for most of them.
Old February 28, 2002, 17:06   #445
Darius
Prince

I sent an email to Googlie asking him, but he never replied.
Old February 28, 2002, 17:06   #446
knowhow2
King

turn 2237 to darius

PE done next UT

took another Hive base. When my green war machine reaches its targets the Hive is finished.
Old March 1, 2002, 13:25   #447
Darius
Prince

2238 to John.
Old March 2, 2002, 02:41   #448
johndmuller
King

I'm working on Matter Compression - 2241.

I had a probe over there in Eastern Yangland and I couldn't resist mind controlling the "Labor Network" base, just north of Knowhow2's ex Yang holdings; All it took was a few fancy cars and flat panel TV's and a very big box of cheap cigars (somebody stole my Rec Common though!). It was not necessarily a great idea in that I forgot that my probe would go back to one of my bases and that all the Yang bad boys that came with the base turned into green or very green Morgan wimps (I guess Yang didn't build them with Control and Bioenhancement Centers and monoliths ). I did at least "convert" 5 of his hoard (more than 10% of his land army), taking them out of circulation, which is 5 less for us to kill, although they all seem to think that what we do all day is sit around our swimming pools on piles of money and drink champagne (I thought that was supposed to be a secret - have one of you guys been fraternizing with the enemy?).

So anyway knowhow2, I'm your new neighbor over there , so please don't shoot me by mistake. Better yet, maybe you can knock off some of those evil Yangsters who look like they want to bully my poor defenseless POWs while they're (hopefully) learning a useful trade. I sent a few choppers over there, but they won't get there until next turn and they will be a bit tired from their trip.

I initiated a vote on the Global Trade Pact; I didn't offer it for discussion since it seems to be a no brainer for us as the AIs have very little commerce and we have lots of it (now we will have 2*lots). Vote is Yang, Santi: No; Aki, Me: Yes; Zak N/A for 2 to 2; hopefully you'all will make it 4 to 2 in favor.

Knowhow2, I'm working on the Ascetic Virtues too; I think I need it more than you do (I've got about 20 bases whose pop is maxed out which could grow by two each just about right away with the AV), but if you have a case for it, I'll listen.
Old March 2, 2002, 10:12   #449
knowhow2
King

turn to darius

well, I want the AV for the +1 police so that I could use more police as Drone Control. Also being the PKs I always build the AV to maximize my upper poplimit. Really I'm not keen to be without it.
Old March 2, 2002, 22:28   #450
Darius
Prince

Global trade pact passed 4-2.

I couldn't get into 'poly before playing, so I jumped right in and almost mind controlled Labor Network away from John .

2239 to John.