Old March 4, 2002, 10:54   #451
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 07:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sent 2239 a good while ago (Poly had become an undefined entity).

Took a few more Spartan bases; her probes are getting braver - one of them actually tried to probe one of the newly taken bases despite my probe being there - my Fusion probes seem to have an unfair advantage over hers though.

Knowhow2, give me a break ; I'm sorry, but I'm sitting here with 20+ bases not growing because of my pop limits, which are already 5 pops per base less than yours and you are sitting there with maybe 1 base at your (higher) limit - my efficiency experts thought I was joking when I asked for a comparative analysis report. We'll probably have the Hab Domes in less than ten years and so the limits will be gone; even if you were growing each of your bases at 1 pop per turn (which you're not) you wouldn't be maxed out at more than half of your bases; meanwhile, I'll have 40+ more pops merely for providing food. As for the police effect, I don't think it will help either of us very much in FM, but both the same in any event. ... ( This is all without mentioning that you've already got 4 times as many SP's as I've got. )

Darius, thanks for the probe protection, whether intentional or not. (although I think that I read somewhere that your pactmate's probe just sits there and watches the action if an enemy probe comes in). I think I forgot to give you any ec's this turn, sorry; at least you'll get the raise due to the election and that last tech.

Speaking of probes, there is a Spartan probe hiding under the Hive Drop Shard Squad at (16,36), next to the Drone Mound (Hive base) - not any more; after my turn it went over to Labor Network and nosed around - I thought it was going to probe the base despite Darius' probe (she had just tried to probe another base in ex Sparta territory), but she didn't, it just sat outside waiting to be picked off next turn. I guess Darius' probe scared it away, whether it would have intervened or not.

Techs are coming faster now, so get ready to decide what you want to research next.
Old March 4, 2002, 11:27   #452
johndmuller
King

Double Post (compliments of flakey Poly action )
Old March 4, 2002, 18:47   #453
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 13:18
2239 sent to darius

Cybergirl is erased.

The Game is over, The Democary have won, that is if at least on you vote in favour for me in my attempt to Unite the world. Since we're pactmates, this would be a cooperative victory.

If either or both of you instead are looking for a race to Transcend then the race also includes important SPs, like AV (btw I'm not i FM-haven't been in a couple of centuary).

It's all up to you.
Old March 4, 2002, 22:04   #454
Darius
Prince

I took a Hive base and Yang surrendered. I asked him to call off his vendetta against John and he agreed. He then hung up before I could talk to him about knowhow2.

I voted for knowhow2 for supreme leader. It's up to you, John.
Old March 10, 2002, 14:21   #455
knowhow2
King

I guess we're finished with this one...............

Old March 12, 2002, 15:21   #456
johndmuller
King

Knowhow2,
In my opinion, calling the final election WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR TEAMMATES in advance - really - SUCKED .

I had just begun to have fun beating up Santi and was looking forward to polishing her off. Darius, who did most of the heavy lifting keeping Yang off our backs in the early game, hadn't even had a chance to use the forces he had been building up for some time. I'm sure that Darius and I really enjoyed the game, but your inconsiderate behavior at the end was a definite negative.

The Board of Directors unanimously disapproved a vote in favor of your election, but rather than get petty and block your election, we abstained and you got the ironicly titled "cooperative" victory; congratulations.

I played out my turn (at a fairly low priority, sorry) and sent it on; perhaps you'll get to see a movie, knowhow2.

When asked, I opted to continue play rather than end the game; I for one, would prefer playing on a while longer to see if Santi will submit before being wiped out and to let Darius have some fun. That will of course be up to you two, so I guess we'll see what happens. We could also play on in some other fashion and see if we can really put the Peril in Democracy in Peril.
Old March 12, 2002, 17:23   #457
knowhow2
King

I'm sorry that you felt that way. However there was reason why started to play MPs that is to play some SMAC-games with some challenge. Beating the AI while that much superior as we are really doesn't do it for me. Maybe you're right about letting you guys enjoy the game. I didn't put much thought into that when I choose to end the game. So I'm sorry that I didn't consulted with you two but whatever results the discussion would have had I would probably have left the game since finishing off the AI like that I can do on my own playing SPs.

Now I'm confused. The game didn't end although the vote passed. Did any of you notice the other two faction defying?

Also, I would like to know how you got the AV ahead of me, JDM?

anyway, since the game didn't end I forward it to Darius
Old March 14, 2002, 08:47   #458
Darius
Prince

I think that the game didn't end because, just like when you transcend, you get a choice that says "go away now" or "play a few more turns". John got the question because he triggered the election results, and he elected to keep playing.

If you want a challenge, knowhow2, perhaps John and I could help you out.

Turn to John.
Old March 14, 2002, 10:35   #459
knowhow2
King

Well sure. But lets decide when (in how many turns) and how (just killing eachother or race for transcend).
Old March 14, 2002, 11:09   #460
Darius
Prince

How about either / both?
Old March 15, 2002, 05:10   #461
knowhow2
King

That's okey with me. But in all fairness we should set a MY when we start shooting at eachother.

In any case this still works "in character" since Lal is a famous backstabber.
Old March 15, 2002, 20:13   #462
johndmuller
King

Regrettably, my computer crashed while I was working on my turn .

However, before that occured, we couldn't help noticing that the Governor, (mis)using his executive powers, jumped in line in front of our scientists to build the Maritime Control Center - This while he doesn't even have any real ships. Hive newspapers have been having a field day ridiculing the Guv - "the man is a regular Marion Barry", one caption reads (the picture is really sick - those poor people in the background are said to be the Guv's enslaved Drones of all things!); "The poor man, . . ." Sister Miriam is quoted as saying, ". . he really needs a substance abuse program, he can't help himself - he just lives to use SP, nothing else matters to him - we'll just pray that he finds some kind of spiritual peace in some other line of work; the stress is obviously too much for him." Responded the Guv, ". . . the b**ch set me up!".

The MI Board of Directors will be meeting soon to discuss how to salvage the otherwise impeccable image of our fine Corporation in light of this disgusting scandal. It is also reported in the Wall Street Journal that the Guv didn't even pay fair market value for his perverted activities!

I probably won't play the turn over again until tomorrow, but having done a lot of it already, it should be quicker this time anyway - is a year or two of adjustment enough for everyone?
Old March 15, 2002, 21:47   #463
Darius
Prince

I'd say 2-3 years.
Old March 21, 2002, 07:42   #464
knowhow2
King

I'll be out of town from the 27th till the 2nd (5 days). Can't play any turns during that time since I got no lap top or any other access to computers. Sorry about the dealy. Real Life.
Old April 26, 2002, 17:52   #465
johndmuller
King

And now, rising from the dead, . . . . . we have:

Democracy in Peril

MY 2241 to Knowhow2.
Old April 29, 2002, 14:49   #466
knowhow2
King

had the turn for a day now or so.

where do we go from now?

You two against Usama or continue the game (since obviously we haven't won..... ) like before?
Old April 30, 2002, 13:00   #467
Darius
Prince

We did win.

When one wins by transcending or being elected supreme leader, one gets the option to stop or to continue playing. John elected to keep the game going.

The question now is: what do we want to do? Turn it into a free-for-all? To tell you the truth, it's been so long now that I've kind of lost interest. But if you guys want to keep going, I will too.
Old May 2, 2002, 13:52   #468
johndmuller
King

I'd be in favor of continuing at a low priority pace (i.e. without guilt if it takes a while to get around to playing the turn), but if you two want to bag it, I can live with that.

As to how it would go knowhow2, if by "Usama", you meant bin Laden, you won't have any trouble uniting Darius and I to fight you; otherwise, my friendship could possibly be bought for say 90% of your gross revenue each turn.
Old May 3, 2002, 05:33   #469
knowhow2
King

well how we decide from here is essential how I would play the game. If we're at war then I obviously will start building combat units otherwise infrastructure. 2 against 1 or all for themselves also makes a great difference.

I don't mind to continue in low pace.
Old May 3, 2002, 20:53   #470
Darius
Prince

Now hold on there, pardner. Since when do you get advance knowledge of other factions' plans? I reserve the right to attack anyone or pact with anyone, or go it alone and race for Transcendence, as I see fit at the time. You have to plan for any eventuality. That's part of the fun.
Old May 5, 2002, 19:04   #471
knowhow2
King

well okey then. I get on it eventually (these turns takes ages to play)
Old May 15, 2002, 08:45   #472
knowhow2
King

ehh sorry guys, I accidently deleted the turn John sent me. Could you perhaps resend it John?
Old May 15, 2002, 10:10   #473
johndmuller
King

2241 Resent.
Old May 15, 2002, 20:46   #474
knowhow2
King

Got it. Play soon.
Old May 21, 2002, 12:52   #475
knowhow2
King

played and sent to darius
Old July 10, 2002, 15:27   #476
knowhow2
King

Well since I think we called this one dead and over I was wondering if you two would like to play a three-way game. I for one thought we have a great pace of turnpassing. So I would enjoy a fast-around-going-game consist of more than 2 players. How about it?
Old July 11, 2002, 07:33   #477
Darius
Prince

Replied by email.