Old August 11, 2001, 11:56   #1
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 14:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Problems with scns using multiple events...
Perhaps some of you remember that some players had problems with Imperium Romanum. Most was solved by the updates, but one thing (which occured fortunately not very often) remained:

Some players had trouble when they defeated a certain civ completely, and changed the events then. Sometimes the game reported an error, because the already defeated civ was still mentioned in the new events, but could not be found in the game by Civ2.

The solution until now was to remove those events that refer to the defeated civ. But some days ago another civer named Jarrfaced mailed me a much better solution. Since I think this is important for all scenarios with multiple events, I´ll post his suggestion here:

"If you eliminate a civilization long enough, what happens is that the
civilization might be renamed in memory from a name in rules.txt

When I eliminated the Greeks, it renamed them to Engländer. This in turn
screwed up the fourth change in events for the Romans. It can be avoided by taking Rules.txt and renaming all of the tribes that follow the Orange (Pink) flag to Greeks. That way the computer will change the name to Greeks."

Maybe some of you know that already - I looked into Nemo´s SecondFront, and he has exactly done that, but for me it was completely new - hope it helps other designers too...