Old October 29, 2001, 04:10   #241
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 14:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ambassador Fuentes stands up again to address the Council...
(Lal appears content to listen and watch for the time being...)

She turns to face Lady Deirdre...
"Apology accepted. No offense taken. Misunderstandings do happen at times. Perhaps you thought Roze had swayed us ever so slightly with her speech. Alas, I am afraid she has done nothing of the kind so far."

She looks around and proceeds with a more general address...
"The UN Peacekeepers are not interested in 'choosing the lesser of two evils'. We will not support either candidate unless we can actually support one. As matters stand at the moment, we can not and we will not. However, we will insist that if the Cult should have a second chance to vote, then so should we. In that case, it would be up to the candidates to provide us with a reason to change our vote, as we will not simply turn around ourselves."

Last edited by Guardian; October 29, 2001 at 08:01.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2001, 04:24   #242
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
Morgan: I find it hard to believe that there is no regulation concerning a deadlocked vote. If there is sufficient demand for me to continue as Governor, I will accept the will of the Council. Otherwise, we must enact the appropriate procedures immediately.
Old October 29, 2001, 21:09   #243
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:22
Quote:
Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic
To: Planetary Council

My dear Zakharov, whatever happened to the 'repetition increases reliability' mantra so beloved of scientists? We do not believe the current results to be at all reliable, and as such believe that the vote should be repeated.

(She turns to Ambassador Isabella Fuentes)

My most sincere apologies, Ambassador Fuentes. Our information was indirect at best, and incorrect at worst. We did not intend to cause offence.
To: Gaians

Repetition increases reliability, yes; however, when one repeats an experiment that is unlikely to be truely expressed the second time; then the repetition is likely going to wrong the results. Sometimes an experimenter must use common sense.

In the instance of Cha-Dawn... He may do as he wishes in his own faction, but, despite our cordial relations with the Cult, we wish that they would respect the well drawn and accorded rules- If ANY Faction may break the rules, then we should also be allowed to obey only the rules which we wish to follow.

-Zakharov

Last edited by DarkCloud; October 30, 2001 at 22:21.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2001, 23:40   #244
Argonaut
Prince

General Message

Representative Solo,
Your constant attempts to turn this election into a means to get rid of Athen's Outpost are tiresome and quite revealing of your objectives regarding the Governership. Of course Datajack Roze would respond to any complaint put before this Council, whether it comes from an ally, enemy or anyone whatsoever. That is the duty of the Planetary Governor. Not to achieve tactical objectives that furthers the need of their own faction.

As for your complaint regarding Athen's Outpost. It is not new. You have had plenty of time to request Governor Morgan to handle the situation, yet you have not done so. Is it perhaps cause you realize you haven't a leg to stand on, seeing at Athen's Outpost technically resides in Free Drone territory? If anyone should be complaing about the Pirate presence, it should be them.

Do not think that, even if Colonel Santiago were to become Governor, that we would sit idly by while you used the position to further Sparta's means.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2001, 10:44   #245
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Commissioner Lal finally stands up to address the Council...

"My friends, I have been watching and listening without intervening for a while now."
He looks around at the various delegations, his expression carefully neutral and balanced.
"I speak now because at least one thing seems clear to me at this point: The election deadlock has dragged on for long enough. We need to resolve it so that we can get over it and proceed to discuss other matters. As you know, we Peacekeepers have not been backing either candidate in this election and have chosen not to interfere in the discussion following the tie in votes. However, it appears the discussion has reached a complete standstill and that somebody has to make some kind of concession in order to get things moving forward again. Also, it appears..."
He pauses again and clears his throat.
"...nobody is willing to be that somebody. We're all standing our ground and so we're all going precisely nowhere. In a way, we're acting like we're a group of farmers standing in the middle of a wheat field starving ourselves while we argue about who's to pay for some small part we need for the harvester!

We can't go on this way. We have to find a solution, and we have to find it soon, lest we make fools of ourselves and a mockery of everything this body was supposed to represent.

So, we either accept the Hive proposal and don't elect a governor at all, or we do as Captain Svensgaard suggests and vote again. In order to help resolve the matter, we are willing to reconsider our position. However, we will not simply vote for one of these persons. What I'd like to see is a presentation by both candidates of what they hope to achieve if they are elected. Sort of like a... political agenda. That way, we can all vote for a policy and not just for a person we hope will run things more to our liking than the other one. The candidates have asked us to grant them power. I feel it is only fair they should tell us what they plan to do with it first."
Old November 1, 2001, 20:08   #246
[LordLMP]

The Nautilus Pirates agree to Commissioner Lal's suggestion.

Captain Svensgaard
Old November 2, 2001, 00:40   #247
Argonaut
Prince

[Roze stands again]

I'm still waiting for Colonel Santiago's response to my acceptance of Chairman Yang's proposal. What do you say Colonel? Can we agree, yes or no? If not, is Comissoner Lal's new proposal acceptable? I am willing to commit to either, but we need to get the mattered settled. So please Colonel, what will it be?
Old November 2, 2001, 02:15   #248
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:22
Spartan Information Service
MEMO
To: General Distribution To Members Of Planetary Council

As an afterthought to yesterdays debates in the council chambers, the thought occurred to that none of the people here really have an accurate view as to what Sparta is all about. Most of you are operating under an assumption that Colonel Santiago has absolute power in Sparta and that we live in a brutal dictatorship. You have made the assumptions that since we are effective soldiers in combat and are not as interested in talk as you are, we are less civilized. This is an attempt to explain our government as it is in reality.

Spartan Citizenship. To be a citizen of the Spartan Federation requires service in one of Sparta’s armed branches of the Military. Any member that is currently serving, or has served in the Spartan military including the Spartan Militia is registered as a Citizen. No Spartan Citizen can claim other citizenships other than Spartan. To do so is to renounce Spartan Citizenship and be treated as a traitor to the Spartan Federation. A Citizen may vote for local members of the Apella. They may request trial by fellow citizens (except in cases of treason). And Citizens may participate in the Spartan Games. Non Citizens are those that for whatever reason cannot serve in the Spartan Armed Forces or Spartan Militia. Special non citizen magistrates are appointed to look over their affair and ensure that they are well treated. The institution of slavery is outlawed inside the boundaries of the Spartan Federation. People that are conquered by Sparta are held in non citizen status for five years. Whereupon they are allowed to join up in the Spartan military and become Citizens.

Government
Faction Leader--Colonel Santiago
Chief Civilian Authority (CCA)--Marshal Marcus Kessel

Colonel Santiago is the recognized faction leader of the Spartan Federation. Her power rests upon her formation and preservation of the Spartan state. She is the CIC of the Spartan Armed Forces and Commander of the Spartan Militia.

Marcus Kessel is the Chief Civilian Authority (CCA) for the Spartan Federation. He presides over the Board of Military Governors and directs Sparta’s queue of production during times of emergencies and periods of war. Marcus Kessel is also the Military Governor of Inner Sparta (MGIS). In this capacity, he commands Sparta’s Reserve and Militia forces under Colonel Santiago.

Colonel Santiago’s position is renewed every fifteen years. Her continued authority depends upon the will of the Citizen Assembly of Spartans or (Apella) in Spartan Standard. These honored citizens have been chosen from each base to represent the will of the citizenry in state matters. All members of the Apella are veterans of the Spartan military who have served their time for the Spartan Federation. Recently, members of the Apella have been chosen from the ranks of the medical and engineer corps.

During times of war, Colonel Santiago convenes the Council of War. The Council of War consists of eleven individuals.

Colonel Santiago
Chief Civilian Authority
Commander of Spartan Army
Commander of Spartan Air Force
Commander of Spartan Navy
Chief of Intelligence
Governor of Sparta Command
Governor of Commander’s Keep
Senior Three Apella Members

Board of Military Governors

Sparta Command:.......Fredrick Halifax
Commander’s Keep:.....Timothy Drake
Janissary Rock:...........Gregory Kell
Centurion Cave:..........Kendal Hines
Assassin’s Redoubt:.....Diego Santos
Fort Legion:...............Patricia Keller
Defiance Freehold:......Hans Needa
Ironholm:..................Peter Screed
Militia Station:...........James Piett
Fort Superiority:.........Hans Gruber
Survival Base:............Susan Conner
Hero’s Waypoint:........Alexander Powell
War Outpost:.............Diana Goldman
Blast Rifle Crag:..........Vincent Price
Bunker 118...........Alexander Tate
Parade Ground……..Maria Douglas
Hawk Of Chiron……Conrad Harp
Fleet Anchorage……Simone Yates

All base Governors are appointed by Colonel Santiago for a term of ten years. They form the Board of Military Governors which is presided over by the CCA, Marcus Kessel. Each governor can be removed at any time by Colonel Santiago at her discretion or if the bases Council of Magistrates formally asks her to remove the governor.

Council of Magistrates.--Each base has a governing council of eleven individuals including the governor. Five are elected by citizens and five are appointed by the base Governor for a period of five years. The governor acts as the president of the Council and exercises a vote. Each base council is allowed to choose which facilities or utility vehicle that is appropriate for their needs. The Base Resource Manager must coordinate with Sparta’s overall Resource manager for extra mineral allocation. During times of emergencies or special projects, the CCA may ask and require a base to provide necessary production for the good of the whole faction. During times of war, base production is directed by Sparta Command in the form of the CCA. During such times, the Council of Magistrates may advise on production goals but final authority lies in the hands of the CCA.

Base Chief of Security-------------------Appointed
Base Chief Engineer----------------------Appointed
Base Chief Doctor------------------------Appointed
Base Chief Urban Planner-------------- Appointed
Base Chief Resource Manager----------Appointed
Base Citizen Representative------Elected

Last edited by Sprayber; November 2, 2001 at 03:15.
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2001, 02:22   #249
Sprayber
Emperor

OOC
[OOC: Argo: check your PM. Santiago agreed and thought that a joint statement by the two factions should be made annoceing the plan. ]
Old November 3, 2001, 19:12   #250
Sprayber
Emperor

Spartan Information Service

After some thought by myself and Datajack Sinder Roze, we have agreed to forgo another round of voting that might jeopardize the future of the Council. We have agreed to joint guidance of Council functions. There will be no veto power exercised by either of us and we will serve only as guides in the running of sessions. Decisions will be reached through mutual acceptance by both factions. I would personally like to thank the Hive for pointing the way. It is not exactly what they had proposed but their suggestion did provide a stepping off point. I look upon this agreement with satisfaction and hope that this can be the beginning of a new era of cooperation between ourselves, the Data Angels, and other factions that wish to cooperate in the future. Again to those that supported me, I give you my appreciation. It will not be forgotten.
Old November 3, 2001, 19:45   #251
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:22

The Lord's Believers accept this motion, and hope that others will agree also, and thus prevent a possible crisis that could threaten Chiron-wide peace.

Since the election seems to have now come to an end, it is in the interests of the Believers and most likely of the Cult that the previously discussed peace negotiations be started as soon as possible.

Since we now have two Governors, or maybe "Hegemons", it is reasonable to suggest that both Datajack and Colonel host the accords, in a location or locations that are for them to decide.

The Believer delegation suggests Data DeCentral and Sparta Command, or optionally Planetary Council Base.

It is our greatest concern to stabilize the current situation.

Father Deacon

[OCC: Not the best possible call for the Believers, but the option was basically Roze winning. Will the negotiations be an event in history in the upcoming time warp?)
Old November 3, 2001, 20:10   #252
Natan
Prince

To: The Planetary council

I am here to endorse, on behalf the Human Hive, would like to endorse the proposal placed forward by the Spartan Federation and the Data Angels. I believe this arrangement will serve the interests of all Chiron. I would also like to thank Representative Karl Solo for his most informative brochure explaining his faction's form of government.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2001, 00:26   #253
[LordLMP]

The Nautilus Pirates, despite disaproving of a dual-governmenship, accepts this. Now, I suggest we go to other matters before the leaders here have to leave.

Captain Svensgaard

[OOC: Foreman Domai did invite Datatech Roze and Captain Svensgaard to go to Free Drone Central to discuss a possible three-way alliance. Captain Svensgaard will go, but what about Roze?]
Old November 4, 2001, 18:11   #254
Argonaut
Prince

General Address

I would like to join Colonel Santiago in thanking the Hive for providing the key to the solution. While it is not ideal or what anyone had anticipated, it is the only viable option which maintains the authority of the Planetary Governorship and ensures that the decisions made in the Council are upheld.

As for the negotiations, Colonel Santiago and I have also discussed on the location issue. I think to great a difficulty would result in splitting the negotiations between Data DeCentral and Sparta Command as too much time would be wasted in travelling.

The Colonel informed me that Lady Deirdre might be willing to hold the peace talks at Gaia's Landing, providing a neutral ground where we can all meet and come to an agreement that is acceptable to all involved parties.
Old November 6, 2001, 04:54   #255
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

General Address

The UN Peacekeepers accept the compromise that has been reached as a solution to the election deadlock.

We commend the Believers for their initiative and willingness to get the peace negotiations started as soon as possible. In return, as a show of good faith, the Assault Rover battallion stationed at New Hope shall stand down and begin preparations to leave the base. Also, the Naval Task Force currently stationed just off Redemption Base will be removed from that area and sent further north, where the ships will be in position to support a withdrawal from New Hope, which could soon be the order of the day.

Also, if - for any reason - the negotiations can not be held at any of the locations suggested so far, all of our bases - including New Hope - can be made available for such purposes.
Old November 6, 2001, 16:52   #256
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

It is a pleasure to hear that the Peacekeepers are accepting our initiatives.
Also the proposal of perusing New Hope as a location of negotiation has been noted, and will also be considered, as the Gaians' neutrality could be more contested then the stance of the Peacekeepers. We all know that they sympathize the use of psi warfare, and thus indirectly support Cultist actions.

Father Deacon
Old November 8, 2001, 05:57   #257
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Provost Zakharov's address earlier today was very interesting in it's contents. Allow me to quote him:

"People of the University, It has come to my attention, through our investigations of the anti-Mindworm nerve-gas debacle that the Believer's Special Forces were present on University territory. This is an affront that cannot go unaccounted for. We also have sufficient evidence to place several Data Angel probes on our territory, possibly being there to sabotauge the convoy."

I now immediately ask the University delegation to produce the Council this evidence that is supposed to back up these accusations.
Why? Because in the same "statement", Zakharov said that

"We may also request that Roze possibly resign her veto power in the Planetary Council... although if she makes other concessions, that will not be necessary- however, it is obvious that the Data Angels may or may not have forced members of the anarchist Perfecct Society or Jakhobians to assist with sabotauge of the nerve gas... Also interested in the nerve gas were the Believing Special Forces, who, we have determined, due to death residue analysis- were attempting to commandeer the convoy when a stray shot hit one of the gas tanks and exploded."

The Provost is obviously questioning the current governorship, and it would be prudent to inform the Council appropriately before launcing such a, shall I say, "a wild goose-chase". And I want to remind the University that the current arrangement does not allow a power of a veto to anyone.

In a final note, if the Provost is indeed wary of the current decision of having to governors, maybe Mr. Davidson-Splertrovsky should put forward a motion of voting for or against the arrangement? After a Council vote, there should be no room for any more of this ridiculous trash.

Father Theodore Deacon

Last edited by Kassiopeia; November 8, 2001 at 06:08.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2001, 20:19   #258
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I ask you to remember, that, according to the UN charter, the planetary governor can be impeached due to extenuating circumstances. Whereas I am not asking that, I demand an explanation from the Data Angels... As for evidence, we can produce a number of insignias that will, when testing is done on them, show that they have the necessary residue of both an explosion and contain certain strains of nerve gas upon them...

The insignias were greatly fractured when we found them, but considering that, in addition to the insignias, we discovered one body that had not been destroyed, but only killed, which was wearing a Data Angel uniform... Whereas I did not wish to make an accusation, it is necessary, both to the defense of the University's soverignity and to the somberness and respect that the Planetary Governor's position deserves. At the very least- We demand an apology from Roze, and a promise to never, ever, exercise any probe activities on University soil; also, we also ask that Roze temporarily discipline herself and refrain from taking her planetary governor abilities for a certain time, yet to be determined.

As for the Believers- the University expects that they pay both reparations to ourselves for research lost, and to the Cult of Planet- whom you have hurt through your incessant battle. For, in attempting to steal nerve gas deadly to mindworms and use it for yourselves, you have limited the world to no longer creating mindworm nerve gas- for, the shortsighted people of this council will no longer permit research and development of nerve gas due to the fact that we cannot produce any evidence for its working.
Old November 10, 2001, 08:42   #259
Kassiopeia
Emperor

The "logics" of the University never cease to amuse me.

As for evidence, we can produce a number of insignias that will, when testing is done on them, show that they have the necessary residue of both an explosion and contain certain strains of nerve gas upon them...

The insignias were greatly fractured when we found them, but considering that, in addition to the insignias, we discovered one body that had not been destroyed, but only killed, which was wearing a Data Angel uniform...

Insignias? A corpse with an Angel uniform? For all we know, they could of been members of a sporadic radical group that had stolen those insignias and uniforms. Maybe the body is the one of a University convict, executed and dressed into a stolen uniform? Also, insignias are easy to counterfit.
Therefore we consider the evidence that has been so far presented as light and not feasible.

Because of that, the demand for reparations for any kind is entirely out question.

What comes to the Believers delivering reparations to the Cult of Planet, that is a matter of the peace negotiations, and thus the University's say is quite trivial. No UoP representatives have been invited to the conference.

Father Theodore Deacon
Old November 10, 2001, 09:46   #260
Clear Skies
Prince

Gaian Council Representative Gina Dewairdon rises to address the Council.

My friends,

I am glad to announce that Gaian survey teams have reported a significant fall in pollution levels across Planet. I would like to thank all factions for their contribution towards this, the first fall in pollution levels since Planetfall.

On another topic, we are glad that the Planetary Governor elections have finally resolved, and we hope that both Datatech Roze and Colonel Santiago govern wisely and peacefully.

If the Council so decides, we are more than happy to hold peace talks between the Believers and the Cult of Planet at Gaia's Landing, or indeed any of our bases. Be assured that we favour neither side and can be relied upon to be diplomatically neutral.

She sits.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2001, 21:24   #261
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

The "logics" of the University never cease to amuse me.

As for evidence, we can produce a number of insignias that will, when testing is done on them, show that they have the necessary residue of both an explosion and contain certain strains of nerve gas upon them...

The insignias were greatly fractured when we found them, but considering that, in addition to the insignias, we discovered one body that had not been destroyed, but only killed, which was wearing a Data Angel uniform...

Insignias? A corpse with an Angel uniform? For all we know, they could of been members of a sporadic radical group that had stolen those insignias and uniforms. Maybe the body is the one of a University convict, executed and dressed into a stolen uniform? Also, insignias are easy to counterfit.
Therefore we consider the evidence that has been so far presented as light and not feasible.

Because of that, the demand for reparations for any kind is entirely out question.

What comes to the Believers delivering reparations to the Cult of Planet, that is a matter of the peace negotiations, and thus the University's say is quite trivial. No UoP representatives have been invited to the conference.

Father Theodore Deacon
this is the best evidence we have.
We do not wish to be vindictive, yet we must present our arguments and make as we will.
We wish that an international court can examine our evidence.
Thus we hand over the materials to the Peacekeepers, whose power we wish to limit- but whom we hope will be equally unacceptable to all sides involved in this issue.
Old November 10, 2001, 21:57   #262
Argonaut
Prince

With Datajack Roze now on her way back to Data DeCentral, Ambassador Rebecca Katt stands to address the University's allegations.

I've been in contact with the Department of Interfactional Relations and they have informed me that no operatives are currently active in University territory, nor have there been for some time.

The allegations the University puts forward are indeed highly puzzling. Our operatives, and we do not deny that we have operatives, do not wear uniforms or insignias. To do so would render them useless as they would have to be travelling incognito. The fact that University Security Forces have found Data Angel uniforms and insignias at the site seems to point to a very poorly and slopply executed attempt at framing us.

The fact that the University is also aware of internal terrorist organizations being present at the attack also seems highly revealing.

OOC: Darkcloud, just a reminder that your "body" went missing. That was the one who was Rezonance and when operatives went to steal the body, they found he was quite alive in fact, and had killed people at the Morgue. He is no awol.
Old November 10, 2001, 22:04   #263
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud

this is the best evidence we have.
We do not wish to be vindictive, yet we must present our arguments and make as we will.
Thus we hand over the materials to the Peacekeepers, whose power we wish to limit- but whom we hope will be equally unacceptable to all sides involved in this issue.

Exactly how are the Peacekeepers considered an international court? Has there been some kind of resolution surrendering this power to the Peacekeepers? Now the University can give their information to whomever they choose. But if they expect any official judgement from them, then they will be dissappointed.

*Solo turns to the PK delegation and shrugs*

Do you know what the University is talking about? Sparta will be happy to look into these alligations, but I must pre warn you all that the agreement that was reached will mean that the Data Angels will be also in on the investigations unless they themselves decide to step aside for this one matter. Even then, they will be want to have some kind of presence, as is their right.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 11, 2001, 09:37   #264
Kassiopeia
Emperor

From the University:

This is the best evidence we have.

Then you have no chance of convincing anyone. Except maybe some University citizens.

The Believers concurr with the Spartans; since when did the Council announce that the Peacekeepers are the planetary court?
We think that should the University come up with any hard evidence, the matter should be given to the Council to decide - but if all they can show us are some insignias and uniforms, it would all be just a waste of our time.

If the Council so decides, we are more than happy to hold peace talks between the Believers and the Cult of Planet at Gaia's Landing, or indeed any of our bases. Be assured that we favour neither side and can be relied upon to be diplomatically neutral.

Sister Miriam is very delighted to hear of such friendliness from the Gaians. She is currently proceeding in appointing the three member delegation.
Also we would like to discuss security matters with you, since there are unfortunately some radical Believing elements that would not like to see the conference take place. Because of this, our security forces are prepared to share some information regarding these groups.

Father Theodore Deacon
Old November 12, 2001, 21:26   #265
DarkCloud
staff

Uh... The University's official response to the Data Angels is that; how do we truly know that you do not wear insignias.
We do... admit that it is quite... convienient for us to find the insignias, but we doubt that they were place- I mean, who would want to die whilst framing others?
And who would have planned to do a suicide raid into a nerve gas train?
-Albeit it WAS an anti-mindworm nerve gas caravan- but there was explosive fuels...

And- uh, we cannot really produce the body any more because- it- uh, disintigrated.
Our best preservation techniques could not save it, sadly enought, beyond the first five days.

Quote:
The fact that the University is also aware of internal terrorist organizations being present at the attack also seems highly revealing.
We have done our best to eradicate those organizations- they will not survive long.

(OOC: Argonaut- don't worry, I have that covered see above)

Quote:

Exactly how are the Peacekeepers considered an international court? Has there been some kind of resolution surrendering this power to the Peacekeepers? Now the University can give their information to whomever they choose. But if they expect any official judgement from them, then they will be dissappointed.
We considered them merely because our allies, the Spartans have much to gain from a temporary desposition of the Data Angels and we did not wish the decision to seem biased.
It could not be decided by the Believers, Cult, Spartans, or Data Angels- thus the only options, other than the *ahem* Cyborgs, were the Free Drones, Morganites (our good allies; someone may have had problems with their arbitration), Hive and Peacekeepers- and we look forward to an alliance with Lal sometime in the future, thus, we wish them to be the judges.
Besides, neither the Spartans nor the Data Angels can rule on this article.

Quote:
Do you know what the University is talking about? Sparta will be happy to look into these alligations, but I must pre warn you all that the agreement that was reached will mean that the Data Angels will be also in on the investigations unless they themselves decide to step aside for this one matter. Even then, they will be want to have some kind of presence, as is their right.
Uh- perhaps the University may drop charges- but we do have evidence!
If- you will not accept the evidence in the council, and it seems that few do, then we may have to withdraw our claim.

Private Message
To: Spartans

Do you not want the advantage in this investigation- we do have some evidence- but, if you do not wish the power, then I am very disappointed.
Sadly, we no longer have time to play in diplomacy after this- however; we DO expect that something be done- the Data Angels cannot verily well be trespassing on ours and others territories- and now, with Roze co-Planetary Governor!

(OOC: Zakharov is very confused- politics is not his forte, he is trying, but not doing very well.
As always- he is humiliating himself and his country.)

Last edited by DarkCloud; November 14, 2001 at 12:30.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2001, 23:48   #266
Sprayber
Emperor

*****Level 5 Encryption*****

To: High Academician Zakharov

Academician Zakharov, I hope that you did not take my speech in council as an insult to you or the University. It is just that we have worked so hard to limit the prestige of the Peacekeepers, that we did not want the impression that they were sanctioned in any way to be seen as endorsed by us. We are greatly disturbed that the anti-mind worm gas was destroyed. If there is any faction on Chiron that is interested in finding a reliable way to counter the threat of native life forms, it is Sparta. As I offered in council, Sparta will assign very competent investigators to look at your evidence. But we can’t simply shut the Data Angles completely out of the process. I must also say that I am puzzled as to why the Believers would risk interfering in a simple test. But we will keep our minds open to any possibility. I do hope that the great minds in the University can someday reconstruct the AMW Gas. In such an event, you can be assured that Sparta will be a most grateful and eager customer of yours. If such a time comes, we offer any help that you may require for security.

*****Level 5 Encryption*****

To: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

I was informed of your recent bouts of terrorism when I arrived in Believing territory this morning. If you require any assistance from the Spartan Federation, do not hesitate to ask. We are able, willing and determined to stamp out the cowardly acts of terrorist wherever they may hide.

On a side note. The Island of Denaireia is a potential flashpoint for future hostilities. If you agree, I propose that we look into the possibility of creating some kind of reaction force for the Island comprised of Morgan and Spartan troops. This would give us a distinct advantage if we are both attacked. It is far from both of our normal sphere of influence. It would not hurt to have friends close by in case something happened. Command would of course be shared.
Old November 14, 2001, 12:35   #267
DarkCloud
staff

Private Message
To: Colonel Corazon Santiago

We now understand your position and will be glad to continue our prosecutions- despite a severe dearth of materials to convict the Data Angels or the Believers- however, we will triumph in the end.

We would like to shut the Data Angels out of the process, as they are the accused, but, I suppose, in the best interests of unity- they should be allowed to investigate the evidence as well.

The Beleivers had much reason to interfere with our testing, they likely wished to take all the anti-mindworm nerve gas for themselves and use it against the Cultists mindworms. They knew that we, allies of the Cult, would not take kindly to their using it against the Cult. Luckily, the destruction of our anti-mindworm nerve gas has had at least one good reprecussion- the Beleivers and Cult are moving towards peace. However, in the long run, without this nerve gas, planet is doomed- we are doing our best to manufacture new gas but most of the information no the gas was classified and was also on the convoy when it was destroyed.

Quote:
In such an event, you can be assured that Sparta will be a most grateful and eager customer of yours. If such a time comes, we offer any help that you may require for security.
WE appreciate your offer.

Thank you for your time.

-APZ