Old January 5, 2001, 18:11   #1
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Your favourite deity strategy...please!!!
I'm almost embarassed to ask this, but I'm having deep trouble with civ2 games on deity level. It is always depending on the start wether I do well in a game or not. Could you give me some hints on the right and easiest way of distributing trade, science, taxes and so? And how the heck do I get a city to grow up to 20 citizens by 1 AD while having a lot of other cities to maintain?

------------------
Follow the masses!
30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.
-George W. Bush

Shahan Shah Eran ud Aneran

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
Old January 5, 2001, 19:24   #2
Hawkman
Settler

Local Time: 23:50
Local Date: October 30, 2010
You may not want a large city by 1 AD, what's the purpose? Getting about 15-20 medium sized cities by then is probably a better goal. With lots of cities, you have more production options. Some cities produce settlers faster than others, but if you produce too many settlers in one city then that city will not grow fast. I usually let several cities produce settlers for awhile, then switch that production to other cities. I also specialize a little, have a super research city, a few good military production centers, and spread the Wonder production around.
Old January 5, 2001, 20:33   #3
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
ICS is a good way to tackle deity. Sorry, you will have to wait for a size 20 city until you capture one!

Here is the link:
http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HT...tml?date=12:21

Good reading - happy playing.

----------

SG (2)
Old January 8, 2001, 15:50   #4
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:50
Lots of smaller cities also helps overcome the HUGE happiness issues you have in the early game. Expand, expand, expand. Do the research (as high a science rate as you can stand until Monarchy, at least.) Use units to impose peacefulness early. Determine your goal, conquer or AC, as soon as you can.
Old January 8, 2001, 18:19   #5
Lars-E
Warlord

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I try to build a lot of cities early. This makes me successful in demanding tribute. Often I use the money I get to rushbuild settlers so I can expand my empire and get in contact with other civs.

Like Blaupanzer says it is very important to determine your goal early - conquest or AC. I am at the moment only playing conquest and constantly refining my strategy in every game. I would use a different strategy if my goal was to land on AC.
Old January 18, 2001, 21:17   #6
geofelt
Prince

Local Time: 18:50
If you can build many small cities, they will quickly become large cities later in the game when you need them. My game improves greatly when I build hanging gardens first. This lets you found every city with a happy citizen, giving you time to build a defender for riot control. Eventually, you need michelangelo's or JSB to grow with a large number of cities. If you can get HG,Mike's, and GW, then you can expand indefinitely.
I try to build up my gold through trade and tribute so I can bribe cities blocking my expansion. Later, HG allows you to expand quickly in democracy.
Old January 18, 2001, 21:42   #7
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:50
Play some OCC.It'll teach more about city management than anything else.Then apply the same principal with all cities working to support the capitol.

Small perfectionist(1-12 cities max) is probably the least tedious way of winning.By spaceship anyhow.Conquest will always get tedious at some point.