Local Date: October 31, 2010
*Memory zooms to Imran's ill-fated UN game*

*Hopes that this game will be better*
Old August 13, 2001, 21:43   #32
RUFFHAUS 8
King

Local Time: 07:23
Look, it's not a personal attack, or a matter of being welcome. If you guys can keep this thing from exploding into 15 threads here I doubt that any of us will care, and some may well participate. It looks amusing enough. And maybe we'll recruit a new Dip player or two in the bargain.

Iis that fair enough? 3-5 new thread that are neither stories nor diplomacy and looking very OT in one day got me all riled up. Sorry for any hurt feelings...

You dirty commie pigs!
Old August 13, 2001, 21:51   #33
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:23
Go away shadowstrike, we don't want to conquer Apolyton!

move along, nothing to see here!
Old August 14, 2001, 15:07   #34
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:23
*hopefully... why don't you post something in the game, Shadowstrike and maybe you can help it.

hmph. all this interest and only BC, Dalgetti and Myself playing. Hmph.
Old August 15, 2001, 04:25   #35
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 15:23
that is so sad . I actually thought that something would come out of this .... *sob* .... RUFFHAUS ... tell me about diplomacy , because this story thread is going nowhere /.....
Old August 15, 2001, 11:51   #36
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Well, Dalgetti, you only posted once in the thread... I suppose I will abandon it, but I would like to ask, "Why did everyone say 'I'll play' and then not?" was it because we moved from the OT to an unpopular part of the forums?
Old August 15, 2001, 12:24   #37
Az
Emperor

DarkCloud , please do not get upset with me
I love the Idea .

and I have no problem whatsoever with it not being in the OT .
I like polluting the S&D! ( *wink* @ RUFFHAUS ) j/k.

it seems that this game would need a change in order to live .

I prepose this would be a story game played with each player contolling a piece of the earth , a small one , and one which is considered not too significant in world politics . preferably in africa or asia , south america . for example , one will be a ruler of ... western Sahara , for example . the other ... of the Island of Sakhalin , etc. this will be a game played in the forum with an Atlas in the hands of the players .

anyway , this is just an idea . any ideas to bring a fresh breath of life into this project are welcome .

Darkcloud , work with me
Old August 15, 2001, 16:55   #38
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:23
CLICK ME
Old August 15, 2001, 21:51   #39
DarkCloud
staff

Dalgetti- we might try that, but I think the idea you propose is technically just a downscaling of Diplomacy. If you want to do that, I suppose I'll play, but you can run it
Old August 16, 2001, 09:05   #40
Az
Emperor

Well see , that actually won't be a downscaling but rother changing the rules of the game ... this definelty won't be diplomacy . maybe we can call it like a game of fractions , and it would take place in Africa , the continent , which is definetly most messed up ,and noone else cares about what happens there .... everyplayer will be a Warlord , controlling a piece of land and working things out for the his people , and conquering other people's territory . I actually have a map of resources of Africa , but If you could get me a computerized one , so that we could actually give it to all the players ....

*ponders*

Ok , so that will be a dip game . no wait! . I was taking this to a new direction ... ok so there are players , and there is a gamemaster or preferably for this case , I think , referee .

this game wouldn't be played as dip , with fixed limits instead of hexagons ... I'd rather make people navigate , with units having different speeds .... and navigating to points ...

ok Darkcloud , or someone for that matter ,I need help with this .
any ideas , especially strengthening the story part will be welcome

got somthing to discuss ? PM me . or even better , ICQ me , reason for accepting would be apolyton / apolytics .

I really like the idea . please help me out .
Old August 16, 2001, 18:32   #41
DarkCloud
staff

I suggest that theri are only minimal rules and people can pretty much do anything- thus it is more OTized and Humorized rather than being a real game.

If you want a game with rules go to AC-Fiction or try Diplomacy
Old August 16, 2001, 19:02   #42
Az
Emperor

That should definetly be the spirit . but as we go to the original plan more or less we face the same problems :
-lack of publicity (as a result of ...)
-lack of cooperation from the forum management , specifically the OT moderators .

DarkCloud , could you contact Markos on this , maybe ?

maybe it appearing on the news would be great ... now who's incharge of that ? isn't that snapcase ? ... So that one could also be nice .

maybe with the developement of ACSR , that should be publicized there too .

but after all , and actually , before it all , we should really contemplate there location of the story , timeline , and well , kind of its exact concept ...

I would like it to be a thread of a continuing story , with different posters continuing the story to new and new realms . this of course should be moderated , somehow . this is where a .... storymaster (?) could come in . because humor is fine , but writing things such as ... " suddenly appears behind the opponents back , and kills him " , not only are not fair , but also not funny , and don't make this game/story/thread any playable .
Old August 17, 2001, 19:55   #43
DarkCloud
staff

If you want it moved to the OT, please contact him yourself I would love to help, but after the AC-Fiction story got moving, I ran out of a lot of time!

Just write a news article in the news section if you need to.

I think that the story should be more of short posts, but not one liners, more like a UN arguments, with perhaps some countries launching missiles, etc. but only after reasonable build up in the story.

But, your in charge
Old August 18, 2001, 07:57   #44
Az
Emperor

ok , so I can have this project ? thank you !

*sits down and thinks about a strategy *