View Poll Results: Who will be the illustrious animated ruler of Babylonia?
Hammurabi the Lawgiver 24 48.00%
Nebuchadnezzar II - the famous one, he made an empire 11 22.00%
Nebuchadnezzar I - the lesser known one, he fought Hittites 0 0%
Gilgamesh the Sumerian (why not?) 0 0%
Ishtari, the invented female leader derived from the goddess of love and war 2 4.00%
Belshazzar - he read the writing on the wall 0 0%
Another Mesopotamian Leader - Other!!! 0 0%
I don't care! I don't even know why I'm looking at your stupid poll! 13 26.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 7, 2001, 00:22   #1
Alexander I
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization IV CreatorsCivilization IV: MultiplayerPolyCast Team

Local Time: 06:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Babylon! Another poll? Come on now!
Yes, I know it's yet another leader poll. So who's Babylon's leader going to be?
The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report
Old August 7, 2001, 05:22   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:26
Hey dude this is getting annoying! Stop doing all these seperate polls. You fill up the first page of this fourm with all this poll crap. Now stop!
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 7, 2001, 05:30   #3
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 13:26
I voted the last choice, not because the poll is stupid, just because I don't remember anything about Babylonian rulers, so I pass on this
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith
Old August 7, 2001, 06:31   #4
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 14:26
I voted on the first option, but honestly, can't you stop!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old August 7, 2001, 06:35   #5
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 12:26
The second option would be the most satisfying for me.. we need a littl bit of change from Civ 2.
Old August 7, 2001, 08:30   #6
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

these poll are becomming a bad habbit.:banned:

Shade
Old August 7, 2001, 08:54   #7
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Stop whining people, it gives us something to do.

I stay stick with Hammurabi, his inclusion is civ tradition

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old August 7, 2001, 09:15   #8
Alexander I
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization IV CreatorsCivilization IV: MultiplayerPolyCast Team

Gosh! You don't have to get snippy about it! Fine! I won't do any more leader polls, ok? But I have been getting mixed signals about all these!

As for you, Techwins, I'm sooo sorry if I blocked all the "crap" that YOU like to look at with "crap" that I like to look at! But come on! There's no real new info on CivIII, so I'm trying to think of SOMETHING interesting. No one really cares just how many feathers will be in the headress of the Iroquois unique unit, or if Chairman Mao's mole is .0003 millimeters off! And then there are COMPLETELY random things on these threads! Like whether the Great Wall can be seen from space! I think everyone's just getting bored because there's nothing new to talk about. No one has anything really interesting to say, but there's no need to be rude!
The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Last edited by Alexander I; August 7, 2001 at 09:33.
Old August 7, 2001, 09:59   #9
Alexander I
staff

Incidentally, I think it's interesting that 75% of people that voted on the poll actually chose one of the leader selections, while only 25% voted for the "stupid poll" option. It seems the dissatisfied quarter is simply "more vocal" than the other three quarters.
Old August 7, 2001, 10:01   #10
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 08:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander01
Incidentally, I think it's interesting that 75% of people that voted on the poll actually chose one of the leader selections, while only 25% voted for the "stupid poll" option. It seems the dissatisfied quarter is simply "more vocal" than the other three quarters.
That's possible, but if it were true, more people probably would have posted reasons for their choices in your thread. People can be annoyed and still vote.
Old August 7, 2001, 10:04   #11
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Nebuchadnezzar is just such a cool name!
Old August 7, 2001, 10:10   #12
Sabre2th
King

I remember saying this in your last poll (Persia). It's amazing how many people agree with me. I do recommend you stop before you make too many people mad. If you really want to learn how to spam, look up Alexander's Horse (a true pro ). These amateurish spam-polls are getting old.

Last edited by Sabre2th; August 8, 2001 at 11:52.
Old August 7, 2001, 10:11   #13
shade
King

especially when you know that in Babylonian it is something like this: NBCHDNZZR

=> let's add Nbchdnzzr as name

Shade
Old August 7, 2001, 10:14   #14
Sabre2th
King

Nebuchadnezzar was the name of the hovercraft in The Matrix.

Great movie, if you haven't seen it.
Old August 7, 2001, 10:35   #15
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

I voted for good ol' Hammurabi. He's been the Babylonian leader for 9 years, and he should stay there. Hey, there even is a music track on the CIV 2 disk named after him1
Old August 7, 2001, 12:57   #16
splangy
Prince

Local Time: 07:26
i like these polls

howwever, i doubt the babylonians are gona be in, what there UU! I still did vote hamumnerabi (i KNOW that is wrong ) thell keep with tradition
Old August 7, 2001, 13:37   #17
Alexander I
staff

Sabre2th, I'm confused!

If people dislike the polls and are thereby unconcerned about the outcome thereof, why would they vote for any choice except the "stupid poll" option?
Old August 7, 2001, 13:54   #18
shade
King

1) boredom
2)they don't choose the'..stupid poll "thingy because they can give a better answer?
who knows?

Shade
Old August 7, 2001, 15:13   #19
SerapisIV
King

I don't see how these polls are spam. True, none of these polls will influence the leaders in Civ3, but they do give ideas for expansion pack leaders. I like the polls and would like similar polls for unique units, though I wish UU didn't exist all together, but sometimes you got to go with the flow.

I like Hammurabi. Civ3 needs at least a few passive leaders, there are too-many warmonger leaders already and as SMAC is showing Firaxian AIs seem to do better when passive.
Old August 7, 2001, 19:58   #20
Chronus
Prince

Local Time: 12:26
Quote:
I don't see how these polls are spam.
Not only that, I don't see why people are upset over this. If you don't like a poll or a particular thread then just ignore it or scroll past it. Is it really that hard to do?
Old August 8, 2001, 11:51   #21
Sabre2th
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander01
If people dislike the polls and are thereby unconcerned about the outcome thereof, why would they vote for any choice except the "stupid poll" option?
Quote:
1) boredom
2)they don't choose the'..stupid poll "thingy because they can give a better answer?
Either way, a very significant number of people have voted for the "stupid poll" option.

Finally, I didn't say you couldn't post polls, but you should tone it down. A new poll every day about a civ that's (probably) not in the game gets old.
Old August 8, 2001, 14:53   #22
Alexander I
staff

You're exagerrating again, Sabre2th. First of all, I wouldn't call nine people a "significant number" on a forum of thousands.

And I've done 4 leader polls, Germany, Russia, Persia, and Babylon. You're right, of course! Germany and Russia won't be in the game! As for Persia and Babylon, I think it likely that one or the other or both will be in. We'll have to see. And it's true, the Babylon poll came out shortly after the Persia poll, but if that's enough to cause nine people to have conniptions, well, that's just sad.
Old August 8, 2001, 17:02   #23
SerapisIV
King

Ignore the heathens Alex01, keep going on the polls.

Oh yeah, quick question, I'm no longer getting the 403 error on civ3.com, instead I get DNS error, is it opening soon?
Old August 8, 2001, 19:47   #24
Alexander I
staff

We can only hope...
Old August 8, 2001, 19:52   #25
Sabre2th
King

9 is significant, considering the number of people that actually voted. The point is that it has bothered some people. Don't twist my words.
Old August 8, 2001, 19:53   #26
Sabre2th
King

About the site: I'm not getting the 403 error anymore either.
Old August 8, 2001, 21:50   #27
Alexander I
staff

For those of you who like the leader polls-
I'm not even sure which other civs I could do. The options (at least from my perspective) are any potential civs (that means any real evidence backing them at all) that we haven't already seen the leader of. Germany, Russia, Persia and Babylon have already been done. That leaves the Aztecs, Spanish, Romans, Zulus, and for the die-hards, the Mongols??? available.

The Aztecs are very limited, since we don't have that much of their history (I think Montezuma is a shoe-in anyway).

The Spanish have plenty of leaders to chose from, but most of them weren't significant enough to be considered. I would suggest Philip II, Ferdinand & Isabella, Rodrigo "El Cid" Diaz de Bivar (King of Valencia), Charles I (V of the Holy Roman Empire), or of course, Dictator Franco.

The Romans have so many Caesars available for choice it's almost limitless. However, I feel the most likely ones are Julius and Augustus, though any of the Pax Romana Caesars are options, and let's not forget Marcus Aurelius.

The Zulus have had lots of chiefs, but I think the options are limited to Shaka Zulu, Shakala (CivII's invented female, at least I haven't seen here in any history I've read), and Cetewayo, the chief during the Zulu Wars with Great Britain.

As for the Mongols, the prime options would be Genghis Khan, Ogedei Khan, Kublai Khan, and Batu Khan. Who's Empress Bortei, anyway? Is she real?

What are your thoughts on this?
Old August 9, 2001, 09:29   #28
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:26
Quote:
Originally posted by splangy
howwever, i doubt the babylonians are gona be in, what there UU! I still did vote hamumnerabi (i KNOW that is wrong ) thell keep with tradition
Jeff Morris has confirmed PERSIANS and BABYLONIANS.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=23720
Old August 9, 2001, 10:39   #29
LaRusso
King

i protest. my spammy poll about spammy polls was closed by mark.

alexander, you and alex 14 are the kings of spam... you either work in some polling agency or you have a strange way of killing time.....
Old August 9, 2001, 10:47   #30
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Woohoo, I liked the Babylonians

And I remember seeing a Persian city before, albeit conquered one. And a Spanish one.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith