Old January 15, 2001, 19:22   #1
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

Local Time: 23:50
Local Date: October 30, 2010
War in Democracy
ok, my friends and i were playing a game of civ when i had an idea for a challenge, so i decided to share it with all of you. ok here goes.

first, this is a conquer the world strategy. play as you normaly would. but kill off no civs until you get to democracy. (you can still have war, but you can't completly destroy the enemy). once you discover it. immedieatlyswithch to democrcy. set your tax to wahtever you want until you make 2 discoveries. then set your tax to 30. science to 10, and luxury to 60. build no libraries or market places (or things of that sort) do not build bachs, mikes, the oracle, or hanging gardens, or leo's, or adam smiths co. or the great library, or hoover's. ant other wonders are ok. now, build at least three units from each city you have. you can only have up to 6 units operating out from any one city at a time, but no fewer than three. you can have mines, roads, railroads, irrigation and farmland. but no power plants, no manufacturing plants, no nukes, no cruise, no howies, no alpines, and no battleships or subs.
oh, and by the way, only one of my freinds has won this challenge at deity, but he is like, beyond good. hell, i think they should have a diffuculty level named after him.

------------------
"our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
"oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by a 100%money back guarantee, so there."
[This message has been edited by Smokey tha nuke man (edited January 15, 2001).]
Old January 15, 2001, 22:21   #2
Archangel MasterBob

Actually if you have the happiness wonders, its not that hard to conducts a good war under democracy early on in the game.

------------------
Go post stuff at
Civworld forums
Go post now!
"The seeds of evil are the the same seeds of greatness so be evil and be great."

Old January 17, 2001, 20:01   #3
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 18:50
Yeah, but the problem is starting the war. Maybe the war hawks take a snooze in a demo?
Old January 18, 2001, 23:02   #4
jcarkey
Warlord

Local Time: 17:50
Shouldn't be as hard as you describe it. And as SMACed said the hardest part will be getting into war. An easy way to do it is to do as much war as you can before democracy. Reduce their only city to size one, no units. Then send in a unit as democracy. Or have barbarians do it for you.
BTW, who was that friend?

------------------
If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented the spell check- Dan Quayle

If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

She turned me into a newt...well I got better- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
[This message has been edited by jcarkey (edited January 18, 2001).]
Old January 19, 2001, 10:59   #5
weird god
Warlord

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
itīs not that hard to get into war. getting much into war before demo helps alot. you can also make the AI nervous by bribing cities and moving into itīs territory. plus if you pop-boom your might will grow rapidly, the AI tends to attack and form alliances with others if you are the strongest civ.
however, donīt ever underrate fundy. while demo is good for pop-booming and science fundy pays more gold and military is overwhelming.
Old January 19, 2001, 11:35   #6
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:50
Smokey, I like your post and the problem. The real problem here won't be getting into wars, but sustaining them in a democracy. Seems like every time you take a city or move next to their capitol, the AI offers a cease fire. The Senate accepts, whatever you recommend, so your troops stand around until the next round, at the AI's decision. You can't use these troops to roll up the opposition, or move them away. Very wasteful. You'll be hard pressed to cause many city revolts at 60 percent luxeries, but the six unit limitation on any one city will force some serious strategic thinking. Good thinking!
Old January 19, 2001, 16:42   #7
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

thanks this might be the first good idea i ever had

oh, yeah, and the freind isn't on the boards, if that's what your thinking
[This message has been edited by Smokey tha nuke man (edited January 19, 2001).]
Old January 26, 2001, 08:41   #8
Barington
Chieftain

Originally posted by Blaupanzer Smokey, I like your post and the problem. The real problem here won't be getting into wars, but sustaining them in a democracy. Seems like every time you take a city or move next to their capitol, the AI offers a cease fire.

Yes they do . I only play bloodlust and I only use Democracy once it is available. (its just my thing) I get the AI to start the war again by starving one of their major cities with units all round if I can and then constantly telling them to move their units. To do this you have to go for peace when they offer a cease fire of course.
I think it also helps to have a spotless repuation as the senate does not seem to accept peace in the first place so often. UN helps a lot too think.