Old October 9, 2001, 15:59   #511
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 14:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by LoD
MarkG, if you were to know Polish you would find that the entire text of the PiQ was held in a semi-serious tone. Generally it is better to first learn a language and only after then attempt to tranlate a text written in it
i think i got a very good idea of what it was saying in big help by the description of others who did know polish. it's a shame though that you dont fully recognize the mess that you created not just to Locutus but to the whole forum. a mess which is no way justified by your "goals"...
Old October 9, 2001, 16:12   #512
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Thanks for all the support, guys, I'm glad people agree with me on this.

MarkG,
I don't think people can actually help in the recount and I don't think it's really needed. With the new file setup things are going much faster than I expected. I originally planned on posting the new thread as soon as I had recounted half the votes but as fast as things are currently going (already about 60-70% done) I think I'll wait until I have recounted all votes that have already been counted before (votes that were not yet included in the last update can still wait). The only help I can think of that people can provide is to double-check their own vote once I make the Excel sheet publicly available, this minimizes the chance that I made a typo or some other mistake...

Dessloch,
I think most Apolytoners (maybe not all, but certainly most of them) are wise enough to vote for the civs that they feel are most appropriate, regardless of any 'policital' and other issues going on in this thread, so I think (and hope) that your fear for people deliberately not voting for the Polish will be proven unfounded.

Orange,
I perfectly well understand your point about the Chieftain rule and about the flaws in my rules. However, I already stressed that no matter what the rules are, people will find ways around them if they want to. In your last post you already explained yourself that people can become Chieftain in a very short period of time (wanna bet I can make 30 posts in 1 day? - j/k Markos ) so it's not really a rule that would harm 'evildoers'; it might stop some of them but it would also punish lurkers and newcomers and promote spam (which is also exactly why this sort of practice is forbidden in the FAQ) and IMHO that's not a sacrifice worth making. I made a similar trade-off with every other rule that was suggested by people: all those that I rejected had advantages but IMHO even bigger disadvantages.

LoD,
Your apologies are reluctantly accepted. Reluctantly, because I don't think there's really a need for them, you had no evil intentions and this all happened outside your control. Looking back there are always things one could have done differently but that's why looking back is so easy while actually being there is not.

About posting that clarification, I'm gonna leave that up to you. I already said in my previous post that you're welcome to post one, whether or not you actually do it depends on you: if you want to and if you feel it's appropriate for that particular community. As far as Apolyton and this poll are concerned, I see no real advantages or disadvantages in doing or leaving it. As for the Polish civ community, that's difficult for me to judge as I don't know it very well. So you should do whatever you feel is most appropriate, you have my support regardless of your actions (well, within reason of course ).
Old October 9, 2001, 16:15   #513
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 08:30
I'd better make my closing remarks too. thank god locutus is back. this is such a big undertaking, and god knows i couldnt keep track of nearly 200 votes.

heres my list. i hope it helps with this massive recount...
MarsJan*
Kalbarczyk
Henryk Przerwa*
almaryk*
bartuk
Maveus*
mrozu
vasyl*
Tarquinius
vasyl (voted again poles-20, ???)
DZASKUL*
eXimius
lukasz
borg
ogotai
Staszek*
lukaski*
groza1
Goomich*
Kolobos
hewhocaves
Glazer
Dessloch
Tomasz Wysocki*
jigit
Naphta
Kamasz*
Cantonek*
lhaydi*
pmajewski*
rafal*
kakaj_azor
Darek87*
valdi77*(voted for RUSSIANS as well)
Ctty*
Gimitar*
vonholl
karol*

*indicates that they ONLY voted for poles in their original post note-about 5 of them voted for poles and one or two other civs, usually not very popular ones...

got to go
be back in half hour...
Old October 9, 2001, 16:19   #514
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Markos, for the sake of us all, will you drop it? Regardless of whether you have a point or not, you're not making the situation any better by clinging on to it... This is the moment where we're all supposed to smoke the peace pipe together and let bygones be bygones
Old October 9, 2001, 16:37   #515
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

sorry locutus, but i'm not the one who had to post just one more thing....
Old October 9, 2001, 17:03   #516
TubalCain
Settler

Local Time: 07:30
Ethiopians 20
Hebrews 20
Incas 20
Mongols 20
Arabs 15
Khmer 15
Malians 15
Turks 15
Koreans 10
Polynesians 10
Old October 9, 2001, 19:37   #517
Fiil
Warlord

Local Time: 13:30
No apologies needed!
Quote:
Originally posted by LoD
Next, I'd like to announce that I will not answer to any demands for apologies - this is addressed to people like Fiil who obviously think that I'm a narrow-minded xenophobe.
I assure you I never wanted an apology! I do not blame you because your message was misunderstood by a lot of Poles, I assume you were in your best intensions.

I only thought it was rather amusing with all of these Poles swarming the site, that Mankind continued to claim that nothing was wrong.

It is statements like this one that amuses me:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mankind
they don't read this thread? how do you know? mind reader?

IMO they DO read this thread , ALL thread and if they don't understand something they use distionaries! or ask someone who understand english better to translate
It sounds like Mankind knows what all Poles think and do, though he claims (and I believe him) that he doesn't know them! Nobody else can make a guess what they think and do though. So who is the mind reader?

About my last post:
I did not mean to seriously offend anyone, it was a joke and some people actually understood it!
I do not think less of Poles, in fact I have a good friend here in DK who's Polish. IMO one of the best serious posts today was made by Dessloch (a Pole):

Quote:
Originally posted by Dessloch
Also rulez r much better now, however after these incidents, there is negative attitude towards Poles... now they won't vote for Poland... but do we deserve this? so I just want to ask u to vote for civs which u think should be in the exp.pack, and not take into account what was happening here, and about polish fans joining the forum just to vote...
I actually considered changing my votes in favour of Poland after reading this, but then I remembered Locotus posts and decided not to make a sympathy vote as it wouldn't do things better.

Finally I would like to quote Locutus:
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
This is the moment where we're all supposed to smoke the peace pipe together and let bygones be bygones
Edited: Typo
Old October 10, 2001, 03:20   #518
Mankind
Warlord

Quote:
It sounds like Mankind knows what all Poles think and do, though he claims (and I believe him) that he doesn't know them! Nobody else can make a guess what they think and do though. So who is the mind reader?
No, but i'm saying what i would do; and by posting something like "they are double register cheaters" I have got
Old October 10, 2001, 05:17   #519
Staszek
Chieftain

Thank you Locutus.

This is really the moment where we're all supposed to smoke the peace pipe together.

BTW. You have probably just advanced to a new level. Charisma +100
Old October 10, 2001, 08:13   #520
Locutus
Deity

Markos,

You've got me there Guess I'll never do that again, eh?

Anyway, I posted a new thread, so time to close this one and untop it...

Staszek,
Oow, new level, that sounds interesting. Do I win anything? An Apolyton T-shirt, a custom title, +100 postcount?
Old October 10, 2001, 08:16   #521
LoD
Prince

Dessloch:
Quote:
Also rulez r much better now, however after these incidents, there is negative attitude towards Poles... now they won't vote for Poland... but do we deserve this? so I just want to ask u to vote for civs which u think should be in the exp.pack, and not take into account what was happening here, and about polish fans joining the forum just to vote...
I sincerely hope your predictions will not come true.

Locutus:
Quote:
Your apologies are reluctantly accepted. Reluctantly, because I don't think there's really a need for them, you had no evil intentions and this all happened outside your control. Looking back there are always things one could have done differently but that's why looking back is so easy while actually being there is not.
Acknowledged.

Quote:
About posting that clarification, I'm gonna leave that up to you. I already said in my previous post that you're welcome to post one, whether or not you actually do it depends on you: if you want to and if you feel it's appropriate for that particular community. As far as Apolyton and this poll are concerned, I see no real advantages or disadvantages in doing or leaving it. As for the Polish civ community, that's difficult for me to judge as I don't know it very well. So you should do whatever you feel is most appropriate, you have my support regardless of your actions (well, within reason of course ).
Oh damn, does it really has to be reasonable? Shoot .
Alright, then I guess I'll let the thing die - that I think would prove more advantegous in the long term.

MarkG:
Quote:
sorry locutus, but i'm not the one who had to post just one more thing....
Actually... Eh, oh well...
*takes a big whiff from the pipe and hands it to Markos*

Fiil:
Quote:
I did not mean to seriously offend anyone, it was a joke and some people actually understood it!
I am sorry if I had misinterpreted your intentions, but in my opinion you have crossed the thin line that seperates humor from malicious sarcasm. I take back my previous statement, but please be more careful next time when making such posts.

LoD
Old October 10, 2001, 19:28   #522
zmecholl
Settler

Local Time: 15:30
Poles 20
Czech 19
Irish 19
Old October 10, 2001, 20:56   #523
Zealot
King

Not one more!!
Will they ever stop?!? We're being fooled around here!!!
Old October 10, 2001, 22:30   #524
zmecholl
Settler

Local Time: 15:30
Everything is OK. We realy want Poland in this Expansion Pack.
Old October 11, 2001, 03:23   #525
Locutus
Deity

Calm down Zealot, it doesn't matter. His vote doesn't comply with the new rules and Markos will soon close this thread...

Besides, thanks to zmecholl, I think this is now the longest thread in Apolyton history since the introduction of thread-size limits I know, it's not important or anything but still