Old August 19, 2001, 22:11   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 12:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Space Plane. Does the sharp end go up?
Playing WesMod and having a little problem - built the space plane and don't know how the darn thing works. I can fly it around like a conventional plane, but I don't think thats supposed to be how it works (right?). I managed to fly it once out of a city - I clicked on the luanch plane button and now, the army/unit listings showed it in space. But I couldn't make it come down. And somehow, it found its way home - back to where it launched.

So, whats the step-by-step of running this thing? I'd sure hate to make the same mistake I did with my first cruise missile.

"Uh... Its a field test, sir."

The truely ironic thing about this was that, two years back, I was working on the CLCS team (checkout and launch control). Yeah, I built the parser to enter firing room commands to the Orbiter (over at the Cape). And here, in this silly game, I can't make the thing budge.

Its enough to make you weep....
Old August 20, 2001, 09:10   #2
Der PH
Warlord

Local Time: 13:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The only game I played to the discovery of spacefaring so far has been an old unmodded one several months ago.

As far as I remember, after launching the plane you could choose the destination of the flight and a few (three or four) turns later it appeared at the point you chose.

But regarding the range of the normal suborbital speed of the space plane when moving it like any other plane the orbital launching was slower than normal flight for all but the farthest distances (depending on the map size, of course).

I don't know, whether it's the same with MedMod2, but I don't see any reason, why this should have been changed.

Regarding your experience with the space plane landing at the launching point I presume that you clicked on the actual position of the plane when the computer wanted you to specify the destination point.