Old August 20, 2001, 08:26   #1
KrankindemKopf
Settler

Local Time: 13:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hi-scores on good old Civ 1
I was wondering if there were other crazy people around who still play good old Civilization 1. I've been playing a game on our old computer, because the other one had been crashed .

My score is nothing near a record of course, cause it was nothing near the best a real good player could possibly do.

Here it comes: Game finished in 860 AD, with population 9,420,000, 129%, score 1614, in King mode.

I continued playing and right now I'm in 1868 with 130,470,000 people and 156%.

Two years before, in 1866, it had been 164%, but I crushed some bloody Barbarians who where walking on the extended North Pole.

The North Pole was extended by pollution and three Barbarians were hopping around on it. Every time when I zoomed north to a certain line (about the Pole Circle), the screen started to snow and show confused images. I whiped out the f*cking Barbs with some nukes and the pollution caused a lower score.

So, it might be known to you fanatic Civers what was about the high-score on Civ 1. Could you please tell it to me?

Thanx,

Frank.

Oh, I can't wait till Civ 3 is on the shelves!
Old August 20, 2001, 09:07   #2
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 05:40
I'm sorry, my scores in civ1 are just pathetic (civ2, too).

But I still play sometimes for a quick game.

the civ1 OCC is a lot of fun, but can be a bit difficult because of lack of specials.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn
Old August 20, 2001, 18:26   #3
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 12:40
I've been known to play the odd nostalgic game of civ1 but my scores are pathetic.
I was playing civ2 at Deity and getting some good scores but then CTP2 came out and I lost my old scores when I reinstalled it. I'm now playing on Emperor but will up to Deity in my next game.
My score will be rubbish as I'm playing a very peaceful game as Americans on the world map. Don't think I'm even top of all civs in the game and my research is rubbish so I'll probably lose to a Carthagian Spaceship unless I nuke their capital and move in with my SEALS But they are my allies
Old August 21, 2001, 19:02   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

54% I think was my best as the Zulu.
Old August 30, 2001, 07:46   #5
Simon Loverix
Warlord

My first game was as the Zulu's, on the world map. The Russians invaded around 1800 AD and a really long war started, which destroyed all the cities from the Sahara to Kazachstan. At a given point, they asked for future technology 131, or else...I nuked every city of them (and the Aztecs), leading to gobal warming and the WHOLE map turned to swamp.

Don't remember my top score tough. around 200% i think.
Old August 30, 2001, 10:45   #6
OneFootInTheGrave
King

It is toooo far back in my memory to remember the score, but I remember that Solomon was the greatest leader you could be compared to

I guess you are past this level by now...

I could actually try to play civ 1 one of these days...

did anyone try to play civ 1 on win NT?
Old August 31, 2001, 07:12   #7
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 13:40
No, I didn't try to play civ1 in the net but I think I'll try it out. And I didn't record my high scores but I was much more successful in civ2 than in civ1.