Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 14:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by XarXo
Sincerely, I believe that the CTP creators never played its own game.
Of cause they haven't, otherwise they had found the bugs they created and fixed them (and the PW system is one of the worst bugs):banned:
Old August 27, 2001, 09:10   #32
Vrank Prins
Warlord

Local Time: 12:43
Quote:
Originally posted by K.J.H.
Emancipation Act is like a real large Sim City 3000 ordinance. But I think 'Acts' and 'Laws' should be in the game.
I like the idea, maybe we can have that in CIV-IV, but it's not going to be in now.

Quote:
Wonders must be BUILDINGS.
And REAL buildings.
Adam Smith's Trading Company is completely nonsense.
En daar ben ik het dus helemaal niet mee eens I disagree completely with that. One the greatest wonders of the 20th century is the way India became independ. I would like it if there would be wonders in the game who celebrate these kind of miraculous events of history. Why not have a statue for Gandhi or Mandela.
There are several nontangible wonders in CIV-II, Womes suffrage, Magellan's Voyage, King Richards Crusade. The latter seemed to me a typical anglo (nonmondial) wonder but I liked/valued the others. Contraception, a CTP wonder is a good idea. Why should the wonders always have to celebrate technical achievements, because that's what it comes down to when wonders are only to be buildings. Adam Smith is good example of a wonder of the mind. His works are still one of the foundations of modern society.
Old August 27, 2001, 12:28   #33
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Vrank Prins
En daar ben ik het dus helemaal niet mee eens I disagree completely with that. One the greatest wonders of the 20th century is the way India became independ. I would like it if there would be wonders in the game who celebrate these kind of miraculous events of history. Why not have a statue for Gandhi or Mandela.
There are several nontangible wonders in CIV-II, Womes suffrage, Magellan's Voyage, King Richards Crusade. The latter seemed to me a typical anglo (nonmondial) wonder but I liked/valued the others. Contraception, a CTP wonder is a good idea. Why should the wonders always have to celebrate technical achievements, because that's what it comes down to when wonders are only to be buildings. Adam Smith is good example of a wonder of the mind. His works are still one of the foundations of modern society.
I wouldn't mind if they where in the game...under one condition...they are not called wonders, this could be under a different category. Oh, and I almost forgot...King Ricards crusade, this can't really be in the game, how would you say to have a "wonder" called someones crusade, but your nation haven't even contacted any civilization yet
Old August 27, 2001, 12:53   #34
K.J.H.
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Vrank Prins

Adam Smith didn't own a trading company.
And you can make of 'shields' (basic building stuff) the things Gandhi, King, Mandela and others have done. That are all things made out of love.
Contraception should be an advance or it should be in that ordinance system I thought about.

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
I wouldn't mind if they where in the game...under one condition...they are not called wonders, this could be under a different category. Oh, and I almost forgot...King Ricards crusade, this can't really be in the game, how would you say to have a "wonder" called someones crusade, but your nation haven't even contacted any civilization yet
What do you think of Magellan's Voyage when you are a nation far away in the middle of the desert?
Old August 28, 2001, 03:39   #35
Vrank Prins
Warlord

Quote:
What do you think of Magellan's Voyage when you are a nation far away in the middle of the desert?
That really would be a true wonder
Old August 28, 2001, 03:56   #36
Vrank Prins
Warlord

Re: Scary CTP !! Boooh !
Quote:
Originally posted by M. le Comte
What about the invention of Paper
That's a good one. Paper as we know it nowadays is an arabian invention. It caused to an increase of the volume of scientific and other kind of publications for over at least five times. To produce the same amount of vellum (parchment) or egyptianlike papyrus for that much text would have taken massslaughter of lambs or the complete destruction of wetland ecosystems (reeds).
The invention and the use of paper is one of the reasons for the astounding scientific development of the arabians. And I love teh story of "1000 & 1 nights".
Old August 28, 2001, 04:02   #37
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 08:43
Wonders in CTP had to be different for legal reasons.

CTP's fault was simply poor game balance, which was fixed by mods. With Medmod it's a far better game than Civ2. I'll miss a lot from CTP.
Old August 28, 2001, 08:39   #38
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 08:43
I think that the wonders are fine in both games... why do they "have to be" real buildings? it only matters what they do. I think some wonders are a lot worse than others (lighthouse, other ship wonders) in comparison to others (great library, Leonardo) but thats game balance, not realism..
Old August 28, 2001, 10:12   #39
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 07:43
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Of cause they haven't, otherwise they had found the bugs they created and fixed them (and the PW system is one of the worst bugs):banned:

...not...a...bug...its...a...feature!!!
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old August 29, 2001, 02:49   #40
M. le Comte
Warlord

Local Time: 13:43
Some people are here waiting for Civ IV, hoping then, Civilization will be at the end as perfect as the players would like it to be.

It would be a shame if we had to wait for that futuristic release... I just wouldn't buy the third one, if I consider it hasn't reach the goals Firaxis and the players had set up.

"Afterall, it's [my] money, [I]'ve paid to get it !"
(quotation from Georges W. Bush, President of the United States of America)
Old August 29, 2001, 09:10   #41
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by hexagonian
...not...a...bug...its...a...feature!!!
Oh...didn't know that...I sware, I really thought it was a bug