Old August 22, 2001, 18:16   #1
Hobbes
Warlord

Local Time: 05:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Idea brainstorming
Oh, crap! I formated my computer, had my "Shaka" scenario all backed up, but it was backed up from a while ago, so I lost about a third of the units, my icons (no, not my wonderful icons), and my events (dammit!). So, as I (slowly) begin the healing process to rebuild the scenario, I've decided to start on another one.

I need ideas!! first of all, no World War 2! Fun to play, but there are so many of them.

Some ideas-

Western Front- World War One
Atilla the Hun
North West Rebellion

Help me! Any scenario you wanted to see, but were too lazy to make? do tell

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer
Old August 22, 2001, 18:21   #2
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 13:43
There are two scenarios I have considered doing, but I don`t know how to implement them, and I really ought to get around to finishing Red Storm first. However, my ideas were:

Union: The Building of A United Europe
Stargate SG-1
Old August 22, 2001, 18:50   #3
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 14:43
I Punic war?
Bolshevik invasion on Poland?
Arabian conquest of Africa province?
Old August 22, 2001, 19:06   #4
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 22:43
Here are a few ideas:

-The Korean War
-The Falklands War
-The breakup of the Soviet Union
-A good scenario on the US Civil War (it amazes me that no-one has ever made one...)
-The Russian-Japanese war
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old August 22, 2001, 21:13   #5
Hobbes
Warlord

Paul:
Union: The Building of A United Europe - interesting, but seems impossible to do
Stargate SG-1- no interest, but I've seen the show once or twice

Heresson:
I Punic war- very good idea
Bolshevik invasion on Poland- not enough interest
Arabian conquest of Africa province- interesting, I don't really know much about this topic. I think a fictional scenario about the Arabians or Islamics invading all of Africa would be cool.

Case:
The Korean War- not much interest
The Falklands War- one of those scenarios I'd like to see, but am to lazy to make
The breakup of the Soviet Union- sounds good, but how?
A good scenario on the US Civil War (it amazes me that no-one has ever made one...)- no interest, and I think no one else has attempted to make more Civil War scenarios because of the kick arse art work in Alex Mor/Nemo's scenario.
The Russian-Japanese war- I've been reading a bit about this war, and it could make a darn good scenario.

Also, I've had another idea: Lawrence of Arabia! That seems pretty cool. Anywoo, keep 'm coming!

Old August 22, 2001, 21:19   #6
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 06:43
Hear, Hear! Another for a Punic War scenario!

How about the Incan conquest of South America? Not much historical material to work with, but that could be used to your creative advantage...

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old August 22, 2001, 21:51   #7
Hobbes
Warlord

does any one remember my 'Hannibal' scenario? It was my first and only completed FW scenario. I'm also working on up-dating it.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	title2.gif
Views:	147
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1955  

Old August 22, 2001, 22:46   #8
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Hobbes, where can it be downloaded from?

BTW, on the the breakup of the USSR scenario, I was thinking that it could cover an attempt by the Russian government to restablish the USSR in say, 1991 following the coup (had it suceeded). I did a bit of work on this a while ago, but got bored after placing the cities and doing a bit of work on the rules. If you're interested I could send you this stuff
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Last edited by Case; August 22, 2001 at 22:57.
Old August 23, 2001, 11:34   #9
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 07:43
Spy Scenario
Hobbes, I thought you (I think it was you) were going to do a Spy scenario during the time of the cold war. What happened to that idea? Too difficult?
Old August 23, 2001, 11:59   #10
Hobbes
Warlord

Tower, the Spy scenario, all but the units, was tragically lost when I formated my computer. I forgot about the terrain, cities and icons still in the main Civ2 directory.

however, I may want to continue it in the future.

oh, and if you want my old, crappy scenario (but I'm proud of my artwork ) click here.

Old August 23, 2001, 13:13   #11
BeBro
Emperor

Hobbes I like your Attila idea most.

Others:

- Struggle for Sicily between Syracuse and Carthage before Rome enters the scene.

- Stefan Härtel makes currently something about Alex the Great, I think a similar scn about his father Philipp of Macedonia would be also great.

- Something about Alexander Nevski
Old August 23, 2001, 16:30   #12
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Hobbes, I know your scn and like it very much.
However, that's the II Punic war scenario.
Stefan made a nice III Punic war scn.
I don't know any I Punic war scenario, though.
And yes, it could be a scenario about
first, conflict between Carthago and Syracusae,
and later about Roman interferrace and I P.W.
Old August 24, 2001, 03:42   #13
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Personally, I feel that there has been too great a deluge of historical scenarios recently. Most are fun to play, sure, but it's all beginning to edge on tedium. Therefore, I propose that a non-TV-show-based sci-fi scenario would be a refreshing break. One idea, which I probably will not end up implementing, is as follows:

The world, as you knew it, had vanished overnight. You had awoken, and found yourself in a vast...no, infinite expanse of colors. Nothing but colors. No shape, no rhyme, no reason; it's a blinding emptiness, and without the vaguest hint of life or movement.

As you try to adjust to these queerest of surroundings, you find out that you're not alone. They can't be seen, but you can sense that whatever they are, they don't want you here.

You then set out to find out what the hell has happened. You thus begin an epic adventure, meeting new friends and unknown enemies along the way, in what will be known as...

[insert title here]

I originally envisioned this as a ToT scen, but I realized I didn't have the energy to create something so in need of a story line and interesting play mechanics, so it's permenantly "on hold." So I don't care what's done with this, if anything at all. It may help you set this idea in a new direction or something, I dunno.

Oh, and if you do make a scenario based on one of the ideas posted in this thread, the Russian-Japanese war sounds most interesting.
Old August 24, 2001, 13:33   #14
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 08:43
For historical - how about something covering the gap between Kull's End of the Bronze Age (which starts in 1200BC) and Hartel's Persia scenarios (about 550BC) Only ones I can think of are Hellas and Hartels Iran. How about rise of Assyria from 1000 BC to 550BC? Could use Kulls ancient empires system.

LOTM
Old August 24, 2001, 14:16   #15
Hobbes
Warlord

ahh, excellent ideas from all!
okay, okay, I have narrowed it down to two choices.

WWI- the Western Front
I started a World War One scenario right after I completed Hannibal, but I deleted it by accident (seems to happen a lot, eh? ). This scenario would be just the Western Front, with the main objectives being Paris and Berlin. It would be very detailed, on a grand scale, AND I would do almost all the drawing myself, and not use Nemo's stuff (which is very tempting), just like I did in Hannibal.

or...

Attila the Hun
This was an old idea which I started after Hannibal, but scraped. This scenario would consist of the Huns massing a huge army from neighbouring tribes and then invading Roman territory, with the ultimate goal: Rome.

It's a tough choice..... oh and here's an "Atilla" unit that I made about a year or so ago.
Attached Images:

Old August 24, 2001, 15:04   #16
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 12:43
WW1!!! got to be.

well im going back to bed

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old August 24, 2001, 15:21   #17
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 13:43
At 8 in the evening?

And another thing Gary, you still haven`t e-mailed me my Dominion War savegame file.
Old August 24, 2001, 19:23   #18
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Go with Attila.
Old August 24, 2001, 20:37   #19
Case
Emperor

I'll vote for WW1.
However, I suspect that Alitta would be a lot easier to do.
Old August 25, 2001, 03:56   #20
Masis
Warlord

The Arab Opportunists
Quote:
Originally posted by Heresson
I Punic war?
Bolshevik invasion on Poland?
Arabian conquest of Africa province?
The opportunistic Arab invasion of north Africa is featured in a forthcoming (updated) scenario called the Age of Heraklius.
Many believe the Arabs were mighty conquerers, yet they defeated desolated Empires such as Persia and Romania (Which had spent 20 years destroying each other) and then moving into India which lacked a unified force and Hispania which had discontented Roman Orthodox citizens and Jews in its southern portion. All this made conquest easy for the Arabs until they met they stubborn force of Carlus the Hammer at Poitiers and the resistence of Constantinople with Greek Fire...
Old August 25, 2001, 04:01   #21
Masis
Warlord

A Scenario?
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
ahh, excellent ideas from all!
okay, okay, I have narrowed it down to two choices.

WWI- the Western Front
I started a World War One scenario right after I completed Hannibal, but I deleted it by accident (seems to happen a lot, eh? ). This scenario would be just the Western Front, with the main objectives being Paris and Berlin. It would be very detailed, on a grand scale, AND I would do almost all the drawing myself, and not use Nemo's stuff (which is very tempting), just like I did in Hannibal.

or...

Attila the Hun
This was an old idea which I started after Hannibal, but scraped. This scenario would consist of the Huns massing a huge army from neighbouring tribes and then invading Roman territory, with the ultimate goal: Rome.

It's a tough choice..... oh and here's an "Atilla" unit that I made about a year or so ago.
Make the scenario of Atilla. It would feature the West Roman under Aetius. Allied Franks, Visigoths and East Romans. Ostrogoths, Gepids and Huns as the opponents.

How about it? It would be a shame to not make use of such a fine unit.
Old August 25, 2001, 17:16   #22
master on high
King

MarkL made a fall of Rome scen a long time ago...
Old August 25, 2001, 18:04   #23
Masis
Warlord

Rome?
Quote:
Originally posted by master on high
Well the scenario need not include a 'Rome' objective, the objective being the battle of the Catalaunian Fields...
Old August 25, 2001, 18:16   #24
Goingonit
Warlord

As yet, there is only one scenario of the Cold War, made quite a while ago and really lacking...

A scen of the entire Cold War, or part thereof (say 1946-1962 or 1946-1991 or 1961-1973), maybe? Would need to be on quite a grand scale, and could even go into the future. However, going past the breakup of the USSR could be difficult.
Old September 2, 2001, 00:56   #25
Masis
Warlord

The Scenario
Quote:
Originally posted by master on high
Downloaded it.
Really needs some major graphic upgrading!
The Islamic building the Vandals have, and the fact that they did not occupy all of Hispania is something the author needs to correct in a future version. Perhaps having select Vandal units in Triremes at the Pillars of Hercules ready to disembark to Africa could be done without them actualy having any cities under the rule (settler unit can be based near by when making the map, then change terrain under it to Ocean and give it a Trireme to slepp in, then adding more sleeping units with Triremes). The West Romans have rather a lot of Elephants in Africa, They are more likely to have had auxilary cavalry (Bedouin).

The Franc cities of Vindelicorum, Lauriacum, Vindobona and Aquincum are wrongly placed, the later 3 are on the north side of the Danube when it should be the south side. Aquincum is south of the Danube angle.

The East Roman (Nor Byzantine!) cities of Athens, Pergamum and Petra are also wrongly located. Athens is where Thebes should be, Pergamum is where Ephesus should be and Petra is far to way out in the desert, really being due south of the dead sea and by this stage in history it had been abandoned for the northerly city of Bostra.

The Visi(Noble)goths should have no cities under their rule in Thracia by this stage having migrated to Aquitania.

However these things can be corrected and should make a better scenario.