Old October 5, 2001, 08:25   #271
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
perhpas he only likes to psot not play. i wonder if i could hire him as my PR man, he so much better at it than I am !!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old October 5, 2001, 10:48   #272
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Presidential Address to the Nation
my fellow Western Asians and Americans, today marks the beginning in a new era in the region. For the first time Australian troops have been stationed in WAAR territory. We al must do our best to make them welcome, not only do they bring security to the region ,but also its a sign that the friendship we once knew over 400 years ago maybe able to be rekindled. We have tried hard to fit into the scheme of things in this western hemisphere we live in, but despite our best efforts we are no closer to any agreements with the Zulus or EU than we were 400yrs ago. Whilst we will continue to push for closer links we feel that only trade agreements will be achievable in the near future.

This administration has begun a mass project of Trade and every able province is no swinging from Military production to Freight. We have already increased our productivity from one of the lowest in the worlds to the 2nd best behind only the Chinese. Our next aim is to get our GNP up and thereby increase everyones take home pay. We are after full employment. To achieve this we have nearly completed the construction of Librarys and Universitys throughout our land. All our people are now witihn traveling distance of one such learning place. This has raised our literacy rates to one of the highest too.

Some problem areas are still the amount of pollution we are producing, whilst we are not the worst we are not the best either. We are aiming to reduce this pollution to Nil by the end of next century, that gives us jsut over 100 yrs to achieve this. WE have already put in place new Transit schemes which has reduced much pollution, but we have a long way to go, some provinces are trialing the new Recylcing program which appears to have even greater benifits.

Another area that has undergone much change in recvent years is the birth rate in our nation, with so much celbrating going on over the past 15 years we have had a sudden burst of productivity in that area. I aim to keep this going.

You are all aware we gained the rest of the East coast of America after the recent Mali war. The people there have combiend well with our other American cousins and all forms of rebellion have been suppressed. As part of my efforts to bring the Americas closer to us here, we have put a largew amoount of our money into buidling a Commercial Airline, the first few Airports should open soon and we will not only be able to send our armed forces around the world quickly , but also trade commodities and citizens too. Tourism will be a big growth industry for us.

One thing our nation lacks is world recognition, we feel this is due to our lack of "Wonders", this administration has setup a committee to look into this and shall be given adaquate funding to seek out a "wonder" worthy of WAAR and to complete it post haste.

Rest assuerd my fellow Western Asians and Americans, we shall continue to grow and all of us will reap the benifits.
Old October 5, 2001, 11:13   #273
drake
King

Local Time: 08:50
I think it was fun last night to discuss each others populations just out of curiosities sake. I think it might also be fun to share other statistics like how many libraries a nation has, how many factories etc. Also, something like how much gold produced per round and how many shields created per round.....

I don't want this information for anything but a love for stats. I don't want to benefit from any of this information (if thats even possible). Obviously types of military units can't be discussed due to strategic purposes, but peaceful things, like building improvements would be a fun thing to share I think.

I'd like to know who has the most factories, most libraries, most supermarkets etc.....just because it would be a neat comparison. Could even create a spreadsheet or something.

It would take a few minutes for each person to make a tally of things like this, and if people aren't willing to spare a few minutes to do it I'd understand

If a couple of people agree to share, I'll be happy to post some stats first.

(I see raz posted some demographics, but they aren't quite the in-depth sort of thing I'd like to do).
Old October 5, 2001, 14:00   #274
Prometheus
Warlord

Local Time: 06:50
If I get the time I will be happy to share demographics, I am out of town for the weekend, so who knows when I will have time, though the Aussies still produce more than me Raz by about 30 shields or so.

As far as money per turn, I tend to rely on trade; we all know how much I make off of the Aussies now that Deity has shared with the world.

As Drake mentioned after the 24th of December I will be in Hawaii for two weeks or so….( I doubt I will play civ while in Hawaii), though I will not be attending Cairo till fall of next year at least because the American University of Cairo tends to shut down if things get two tense… but I hopefully will be spending the semester in Washington, so after I get back I will hopefully be able to continue the game.(I will have to check my schedule so I don’t know for sure).

IC:

The Chinese have announced plans to build the United Nations… citing the fact that the E.U. has failed to complete or continue construction. Save any major world protests the production should be complete in less than 20 years. The Chinese feel we are the perfect government to host the United Nations due to our neutrality and the fact that the majority of peace agreements take form in Chinese territory.
Old October 5, 2001, 14:13   #275
drake
King

Quote:
If I get the time I will be happy to share demographics, I am out of town for the weekend, so who knows when I will have time, though the Aussies still produce more than me Raz by about 30 shields or so.
Is there an easy way to figure out how many shields per round your civ is producing? Is it one of the stats on the demographics screen that I never paid any attention to?
Old October 5, 2001, 15:56   #276
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus
i was actually not reffering to toal production, but productivity % ... As quoted in Demographics, not the actual total MFG Tonnage..

I think it would be itneresting to get all that info too Drake, I am happy to release mine...

I will put it all together in a spreadsheet if people so wish ...

Perhaps for starters jsut a straight count of current improvements No. of temples, library, universitys Etc!!

Please also include No of citys.

Email the info to me at familyauld@dingoblue.net.au

I will collatte it and post here later....
Old October 5, 2001, 15:57   #277
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
[SIZE=1]
The Chinese have announced plans to build the United Nations… citing the fact that the E.U. has failed to complete or continue construction. Save any major world protests the production should be complete in less than 20 years. The Chinese feel we are the perfect government to host the United Nations due to our neutrality and the fact that the majority of peace agreements take form in Chinese territory.
As with all wonders of the world, no other nation can stop another building it, so go for it.... May the Best Man WIN !!
Old October 5, 2001, 20:04   #278
drake
King

hey raz, do you have
a save priori to the one in the middle of my turn? I don't know what the deal is, but for whatever reason, don't know what it is, my cities are saying that they never recieved their shields for that given round. I checked with my 1585 save and ran it to 1605 just to test and the improvements that were supposed to be built were, but in my save and the save you sent me, they are not. So for some odd reason I'm losing a whole round of shields......which is huge really at this point in time.....

Perhaps something from aussie or mongol turn in 1600, or perhaps an AL turn in 1605?

As the save stands now, we're not going to be able to move forward.

edit: I also sent my improvement list via private message rather than email.......(of course it will be slightly different with corrected save)
Old October 6, 2001, 00:28   #279
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

i have a save for every ones turns, except the AI... So nxt turn before yours is Mongols, Will have to ask for approval to go back though, as I noticed a few times deity missed out on production and no one went back for him !! I leave it to a vote...
Old October 6, 2001, 02:36   #280
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Good idea to analyse stats!

[deity]

Aussies _ Paul Keating

Pop - 33,070,000
Land - 1,708,000
100% Tax GNP - 2414
Shields - 725

Library - 6
University - 1
Res Lab - [Seti]
Factory - 6 [Hoover]
Man Plant - 2

You must set taxes to 100% with 0% Luxuries to have any meaningful comparison.

I got this on a new Office XP spreadsheet Raz... I'll pass it over to you when I see you online.
We can expand on this.

The Demogs can be weird... even though I'm in front tech-wise my Literacy is only 3rd at 64% due to limited Libraries etc.
Old October 6, 2001, 02:47   #281
deity
Emperor

Re: hey raz, do you have
Quote:
Originally posted by drake
a save priori to the one in the middle of my turn?
EDIT
Did you lose your auto save?
It's a good idea to rename your last auto1_save before loading up a save cos it will overwrite it.
If you get dropped go into your civ folder and just rename it before you do anything else. This will be at the beginning of the turn from which you were dropped but only you will have this save (as long as you got auto saves ON!)

I've lost several rounds of production in this game as Raz kindly points out but I'm cool for us to go back to Mongols IF drake really wants that. Consider the time. I often let things go through to the keeper to keep games moving but not trying to make you feel bad
Old October 6, 2001, 02:54   #282
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by drake
I think it was fun last night to discuss each others populations just out of curiosities sake. I think it might also be fun to share other statistics like how many libraries a nation has, how many factories etc. Also, something like how much gold produced per round and how many shields created per round.....

I don't want this information for anything but a love for stats. I don't want to benefit from any of this information (if thats even possible). Obviously types of military units can't be discussed due to strategic purposes, but .....
I've also got 45 cities and 227 ralfitzers
Old October 6, 2001, 03:09   #283
deity
Emperor

he he :)
Hey, you guys have really got me going mad with stats now!
After all I am an ISTJ

A vital stat that's missing is 'real strike power'.
IE, the sum of all your attack and defence points for all units, modified if vets but NOT for terrain etc.

I think this is the figure that the civ program calculates when the Travellers Report pops up and says the top most powerful civs.
It was certainly the case in Civ 1 I'm sure. It's NOT the pg status which is primarily geared to Pop, Wonders and Techs.

I'm going to go and calculate mine now

I'll show you mine if you show me yours but then again it might give too much away!
Old October 6, 2001, 03:54   #284
deity
Emperor

Aussie Peace Keepers!
OOC - I worked it out.. but won't post it yet

--------

1605 AD

Saul sketched out a few thoughts. Paul was ill and Saul felt the weight of the world on his shoulders. Saul was a man of peace and his time had come.

He suspected that the sheer scale of the Aussie's conventional armament was a device to precipitate world peace.

Maybe we could threaten any nation that starts any type of conflict? Oh dear, silly thoughts. We can not engage in conflict ourselves UNLESS any nation attempts to build Manhattens Terror.

With regard to the EU/WAAR conflict it seems the world would not be happy unless Aussie action was taken. Surprisingly all nations of the world were happy to see an Aussie peace keeping force arrive in the Turkey region. They are positioned on a fort between Bosporus and Khurdistan. An aerial image may be available soon.

The wildcard nation of the WAAR researched Nuclear Fission ahead of the Aussies and it was gifted or traded to UAS China and Aussies.

The lack of signing of the Nuclear Treaty by the powerful Zulus is a particularly ominous sign. They have ignored our statement that we will NOT build Apollo nor Manhatten and will not sign the Treaty.

What does the world make of this?

It is becoming clearer to us that maybe they wish to build such Wonders themselves.

But why don't they trick us, get Fission and then rush build it?

Maybe they need to develop their production base more fully?

Maybe they make a pre-emptive conventinal strike against us? Now that would be suicidal! Then again a well prepared and targeted strike could damage us considerably. Our old enemies, the EU and Mali would surely co-operate in this.

Enough idle thinking about war. I want peace and prosperity on Earth.

It's going to be tough though.

I can only be optimistic, gather excellent intelligence and be prepared. It is not conceivable for us to make a pre-emptive strike. Absurd. Get out of my brain... go!

-----

The Dame, his wife, was listening to Saul's thoughts.
She could *see* a war against Australia. Quite clear in her mind. She was trying to see where though and this was cloudy. She needed help. She needed spies. Yes Saul was correct about intelligence. But the danger with that is that it makes for a self-fulfilling prophecy if it makes other nations nervous.

Difficult. Yes.

So maybe we go the full hog? But then my Jewish ancestry would not like that...

Maybe we start to test out other nations to find out their true intentions....

----

Saul was listening as he gazed westward.....

Is it possible to maintain our super power status and bring peace to the world?

Perhaps.....
Old October 6, 2001, 10:50   #285
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

OCC
Quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus
As Drake mentioned after the 24th of December I will be in Hawaii for two weeks or so….( I doubt I will play civ while in Hawaii), though I will not be attending Cairo till fall of next year at least because the American University of Cairo tends to shut down if things get two tense… but I hopefully will be spending the semester in Washington, so after I get back I will hopefully be able to continue the game.(I will have to check my schedule so I don’t know for sure).
You will go to American University next semester?! Thats where I go to school. You, me and Capo will have to get together and hang out. A HOTW2 In-person conference. Maybe we could all play hotseat or something, hehe.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 6, 2001, 13:59   #286
drake
King

Quote:
Did you lose your auto save?
It's a good idea to rename your last auto1_save before loading up a save cos it will overwrite it.
If you get dropped go into your civ folder and just rename it before you do anything else. This will be at the beginning of the turn from which you were dropped but only you will have this save (as long as you got auto saves ON!)

I've lost several rounds of production in this game as Raz kindly points out but I'm cool for us to go back to Mongols IF drake really wants that. Consider the time. I often let things go through to the keeper to keep games moving but not trying to make you feel bad
Ok ok ok, i am a complete bonehead. I only checked autosave #2. I checked autosave #1 as Deity suggested (I think) and I do indeed have an accurate save after all....sorry sorry sorry. I pulled a Nappy what can I say.

I will upload it here! And this time it is the right one!

Quote:
The lack of signing of the Nuclear Treaty by the powerful Zulus is a particularly ominous sign. They have ignored our statement that we will NOT build Apollo nor Manhatten and will not sign the Treaty.

What does the world make of this?

It is becoming clearer to us that maybe they wish to build such Wonders themselves.
No no Manhattan project planned in the Zulu Nation. Not at all. Nuclear War is the last thing the Zulus want. What Keating fails to remember is that the Zulu proposition was not just outlined towards the Aussies signing a statement that forbids the building of Apollo, it was outlined for the whole world........So until the rest of the countries of the world, particularly Mongolia, China and Israel, sign a statement that condemns the building of Apollo, the Zulus will sign nothing that says we will not build the Manhattan Project..........

We don't want to build it, but if the Apollo wonder is built, we may be forced to do it.......in that case, the Aussies must not blame the Zulus, but the builder of Apollo for they will have forced our hand. We are leaving it up to everyone else.

The Zulus expect that China will probably be building Apollo, that way the Aussies get out of responsibility and can freely build parts without consequence. We suspect the Aussies would expect us to then strike against China at that time and then have a valid excuse to attack us.

So Australia, if you truly agree to the Zulu outline, then you will join us in attacking any nation that builds Apollo. If that is not your intention then please withdraw your signature, because that is what it is all about.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ge_1605.zip (59.2 KB, 7 views)
Old October 7, 2001, 11:03   #287
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

1605 AD MAP
Here is the map for the latest save. This map shows the results of the WAAR-Mali peace agreement and the EU-UAS peace agreement.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1605ad.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	3769  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 7, 2001, 11:23   #288
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

1585 AD MAP
Since I just love making maps, and since there wasn't a good one made for last week, here it is. EU-UAS Peace made and AI acquisitions returned. WAAR-Mali Peace still being negotiated. This is from Raz's save that we used to start this week.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	1585ad.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	3771  

Old October 7, 2001, 12:58   #289
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

A speaker is coming to campus on Thursday who may be of use to me and I'd like to hear him speak so I won't be able to make the session this week. I've started asking around for a sub so it should be alright. You all ask a few people yourselves. I'm not really doing anything critical so I don't care too much who subs.

We've got plenty of time to find someone, it should be alright.

It might be a good idea to look for a Capo sub as well, its been a few days since he skipped the game and still no word from him. Who knows, he might not be here next week either.

Old October 7, 2001, 18:30   #290
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

"sir it appears that the EU government is in dissarray. No sign of Churchill has been seen for over 20 years now. The new self appointed leader General Arty Intelli seems to be after maintaining power." Spoke Benjamin Disraeli WAAR Secretary of State to the President Roberto Auldinsky

"We cant allow this situation Ben, contact all the world powers for a summit, Churchill must be found, some one's inteliigence must know where he is and what has happened to him. What of the rumours that communists are behind this, where is that Lennin?"

"No reports of him either Mr President. Too early to blame the communists for this one. The only good news is that General Arty has signed the peace treaty."

"Yes but for how long, we all know the pecularaties of his phylosophies. It was one of his Uncles that attacked Khurdistan not so long ago. And we all rember the great Israeli / Adriatic war started by his ancestor too."

"Yes sir we are on the watch, fortunalty the Australains should be able to stop any direct attack from Bosporus , their usual avenue of attack."

"Yes I thank President Paul for that, but I still worried about the East Ben, Kazakstan is very vulnerable and so are many more provinces there."

"Mr President what do you decree?"

"I beleive we need to increase the protection of our eastern frontier, send word to the World leaders that any incursion of the EU into any of our provinces will be met with the full force of the WAAR army. Hopefully it wont occur or the Australains or Mongols wil lhold back the advance, but nothing is guaranteed in this world. Heaven forbid if General Arty were to get hold of Nuclear Fission and start the Nuke Project. If that were to occur we would expect even the Zulus to acknowledge our right for preemptive strikes agaisnt the city so building it."
Old October 7, 2001, 19:21   #291
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Aussie PEaceeprs
Aerial View of Aussies in Turkey
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	aussie peace kper.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	3794  
Old October 7, 2001, 19:23   #292
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Mongol Peace Keepers
Aerial View of Mongols North of Gerogia
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mongol peace keepers.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	3795  
Old October 7, 2001, 19:24   #293
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC - Scenario problems
Just for itnerest I tried starting HOT scenario from start but it came up saying No such File or Folder !!! I have it a folder called HOTW2 which is in Scenario Folder...

Any help guys...

Any one send me a copy of the scenario !! I want to compare empty map with modern map, to show extent of terraforming ETC...

Last edited by Rasputin; October 7, 2001 at 19:31.
Old October 7, 2001, 19:29   #294
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Asian Deserts
Aerial flyover showing areas needing further peacekeepers
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	vulnerable area.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	3796  
Old October 8, 2001, 10:28   #295
drake
King

More Stats
Casualty list up to 1605:

The Mali and AL losses are staggering!!!!!!!!!

Units Lost
---------------

Mali 88
AL/EU 84
Israel 47
Mongolia 20
Zulu 10
Australia 9
China 3
Old October 8, 2001, 12:06   #296
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 12:50
Guys I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry...
Look, I'm very sorry I so wanted to play but I have been very busy since Thursday so I haven't had a chance to explain myself, I am technically late for my Religious studies class right now (wait, Capo in religious studies!!!?!?!?) so I can't really go into detail.

Lets just say it involves a lot of alcohol and being in the United States Marine Core for three days!

Yeah, its very strange, I'll tell you guys right after my class and hopefully figure out what's going on. Anyway man, I hope nothing retarded happened while I was MIA. It always seems to happen, but I'll give you a full report of what went down Thursday night, I had EVERY intention to play.

And for the two Aussies here, it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE in the United States to skip out on something involving the Military once you sign up, so no lame ass excuses to get out of it could have worked, sorry I didn't know sooner or else I would have had a chance to let you guys know about it, but I couldn't. Anyway, I gotta get my ass to class.

So I'll talk to ya in an hour. Peace.

And no peacekeeping is necessary against the EU, we are very peaceful.
Old October 8, 2001, 13:44   #297
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Special Transmission...
The Offices of Adriana Alessi
421 Eastern Drive
Monaco, France

TO: THE ENTIRE F*CKING PLANET (joke)

It is with great tepidation and sadness that I announce to the world the passing of Winston Churchill, our President. He was a great man, but like all other man he suffered from vices that were beyond his control. In this case kidney failure.

With that said, as per the European Constitution I will now acquire the office of President until the next general election.

In case you are unaware I am Adriana Alessi, former General and member of the European Joint Chiefs. I was a corporal during the Mongolian-Israeli resistance campaign in the Balkans and Russia. I had no intention of public service until I was appointed by Charles DeGaulle as Secretary of the Interior to head up the reconstruction of our territories after the Mongolian-Israeli onslaught. I am quite sure you have heared of me.

Regardless of these facts there are many pressing matters other than my reputation to attend to. Many things have occured in the world which disgust and shock the European people. As you are well aware our country suffers from vast internal strife, resulting in numerous failed coup de-etats.

In this case Marxist dissidents under the guise of Arturo Intelli attempted to assassinate President Churchill, he was shot in the Kidneys which were racked with years and years of alcohol abuse and then perished. This just days after Churchill held a meeting with Labor Party leader Vladimir Ulryich Lenin.

I thank you in advance for your consolation for our loss, Churchill was a great man and only acted within the best interests of peace throughout the world. Something that his colleagues in your nations felt necessary to overlook.

The European Union was invited to act as a buffer state between Israel and the Zulu Federation, we did not want to do it. The job was horrible, it strained relations with Israel and possibly with the African Nations as well. We NEVER wanted it, we didn't like it, it was a job we were given and we fulfilled its requirements PERFECTLY. Any nation that wishes to equate this endeavor with our militancy is advised to pick up a f*cking dictionary and learn how to speak. I apologize for my "French" but it seems PERSONAL attacks are the order of the day based on the messages our government has recieved.

I shall now go down the list on a nation by nation basis and explain any questions that may reside within them, first WAAR. We hold no ill feelings towards this nation at all, any aggression seen on our part has been fabricated or assumed due to historic realities. In any event conflict is unnecessary and so is any sort of "peace keeping" mission. I feel our LACK OF ATTACKING is enough peace, don't you? It is ridiculous to begin peace keeping missions on a sovreign nation's territory without that nation's own consent and further to state that a nation who has done no wrong is an aggressor. To President Auldinsky I say this; if you want the DMZ back into place you should say so. Correct me if I am mistaken by YOUR NATION broke the DMZ when it INVADED OURS AND TOOK HALF OF OUR LAND WITH YOUR ALLY. As a sign that we hold no ill will towards the Israelis we will reinstate the DMZ upon discussion with their leadership as to what it would entail. Further we will pay restitution for the library that was destroyed in Khurdistan.

To the Union of Asian States; we have never held your nation with contempt, private notes from the Kingdom of the Adriatics show that on many occasions great leaps were made in attaining a military alliance between our people which never materialized. We note that ever war your nation has been dragged into against us has been at the behest of your so called allies. We are sorry that this notion of hatred pervades our people, and hope to reconcile our differences. We kindly ask that your units be removed from our territory, and further ask that units in other nations' lands be removed that MAY be targeted at us, we do not want war.

To the People's Republic of China; we ask that you rescind your statement to build the United Nations. It was agreed upon by every nation in the world that it would stand in Amsterdam, and while we are attempting as hard as possible to make that a reality we are constantly racked by WARS and INTERNAL STRIFE based on the actions of foreign nations who shall go nameless. We hope and pray that you will reconsider your position and allow the UN to finally be erected in Amsterdam, where it has been decided to stand.

To Australia; We have no idea why your nation holds us in such a vile manner. We have not been your enemy since medieval times, we have never done anything wrong to you at all. If not signing your treaty is a bad thing, then you are free to feel that way. However I continue to hold to the stance that we need a WORLD comittee to establish this treaty, and further research as to exactly what harm would be caused by such a weapon. Europe agrees totally with a nuclear ban, but only if it is achieved in a proper and fair manner.

To Mali; We feel your pain, we have been in your position and we understand that it is not a good one. At the first possible moment we will deliver a 300 gold relief fund to your nation. We are unsure how much aide was given by these so called "peaceful nations" (who by the way stack military against Europe's borders) have done for you, but we promise to give 300 gold in aide to your nation and we shall also send two engineers to help rebuild your terrain.

To our great friends the Zulus; your people have been nothing but good to us. Your nation stands as a beacon of ACTUAL peace and ACTUAL objectivity. Every war you have been in has been in the protection of national sovreignty, and for this Europe loves you. You are the only true people on this Earth, including our own people, who speak what they do, and do what they speak. You have our undying loyalty. Europe would go into the depths of hell and battle the devil for your nation. We would fight to the last European to defend your nation. We are your undying allies.

With this said we hope the world takes notice of its own propoganda and stops trying to make an evil juggernaut out of Europe, besides the Mali who were just stomped into the ground by the coalition of "peaceful nations" we are the WEAKEST and most IMPOTENT nation on the planet. And yet we are called the bullies?

Thank you for your time.

Interim President,

Adriana Alessi
Old October 8, 2001, 16:12   #298
drake
King

Site updated
For simplicities sake and ease of updating each week, I changed the format of the site.

Everything is still archived though.

To see the latest stats and the new style, which will be used for the remainder of the game go to <a href="http://www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world/">http://www.geocities.com/history_of_the_world</a>
Old October 9, 2001, 09:44   #299
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Well folks its tuesday here and i still haven't found a sub. I suggest you all really start asking around I think i have exhausted my list of candidates. I really would hate for UAS to go AI, and i'm sure everyone else would hate it too. Please find a sub.

Old October 9, 2001, 10:06   #300
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Berlin, Germany; European Union
"Madame President" said the Chauffer as he smiled and nodded opening the door to the limousine. It had only been a few weeks since Adriana Alessi was named President, she felt weird being greeted in this manner.

Vittorio Rossi approached with a large smile "Adriana, how are you this evening?" he asked holding a large leather briefcase under his shoulder.

"Very well Vittorio, well other than this speech. I'm nervous." she said.

"Don't be, there's nothing to worry about, the world is going to watch this speech it is an important speech." he said patting her on the shoulder.

"Yes an impoverished country making major statements, that's a laugh. Nobody cares about us anymore, we are a non-issue now. Our politics have doomed us, I'm trying to begin a transition but it is going to be difficult." she said as they began walking up the stairs of the Parliament building. They chose the secret back route, they didn't want press involved anytime before what was to be said was said.

"Nobody said this job was an easy job, truthfully I couldn't do it and I've been up here for decades. There's nothing to worry about, Lenin is in custody and you've already released a statement saying you will reapply the DMZ as long as you have a meeting with Israeli officials first, nothing is going to happen right now. Just play this cool and you should be fine." he said, attempting to comfort her. He fully realized how precarious the European position was, if the internal strife wasn't enough the Mongolian artillery and Australian infantry parked just miles from their border was.

"Well, its easy to say that Vittorio, but its nearly impossible to believe it. We really have no evidence against Lenin other than the assissins being Marxists, that won't stand up in court and another newsbit for the media against our government is more than I can stand. We have to give him a fair trial no matter how badly he stirs up dissent." she replied.

"Don't worry about him, that's a matter for the judiciary to decide, you are the President and you have a message to give to the world. C'mon, if you do a good job I'll take you to dinner, I know how long its been since you've gone on a date." he smiled.

"Oh Vittorio, you were always the charmer weren't you?" she said mockingly "No, its okay, I am the President, there's no need for dates. Besides, you're an old man." she said.

"Hah, true, true. Well, you are five minutes late Madame President." he said "C'mon, go in there and knock their socks off..."