The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 12:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New Modpack!
Alright, the new modpack is here at....

http://members.aol.com/lbpslacker/hotw2.zip

If this doesn't work I'll repost it again. I don't think it should mess up, everything is in perfect order including the commodities and all that good stuff.

Alright, finally we're on track... hopefully.
Old September 23, 2001, 12:08   #152
drake
King

Local Time: 08:50
Address to western nations
Our thick heads and stubborn pride have once again gotten in the way of peace. Anger and resentment, jealousy and pride have clouded our heads and have lead us down the road of death and destruction. The world has seen the worst attack on humanity in the History of the World these past few decades. Mongolians, Zulus, Europeans, Israelis and most of all Mali have died. And for what? What has been accomplished? We have spent so much money, time, resources and most of all men on our wars, and where have they got us? Nowhere.

While the Australians and Chinese continue to further their people in science and infastructure, trade and commerce, we western fools continue to flush our money into the black hole of military, defenses and weapons of mass destruction. We have set ourselves so far behind the pack that I fear none of us will ever recover. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

Unless we make immediate strides to correct this deeply rooted problem, we will watch helplessly as the east writes the history books as they choose.

The Zulus are prepared to make sacrifices in order for the dream of equality to be achieved. But we are going to need all western nations full cooperation. The obvious first step is for Israel to restore the Mali nation to pre war conditions. Otherwise, we might as well write the Mali off as an aid to this cause. We must all help to build their nation back up and repair the cities that have come under fire.

After this is done, the Zulus will be prepared to take the EU's suggested Western Coalition and run with it.

A campaign to fight anti-Israeli attitudes in the ZN will be undertaken and all negative government based propoganda will be removed from the publics eye.

All rails destroyed in the Sudan region will be repaired and or rebuilt to restart the exchange of trade and economy.

All naval units in the Red Sea will return to port and troops stationed north of Ghana will return to base in En Nahud.

These are several of the things the Zulus are prepared to do to get the ball rolling. Similar gestures from other nations will help to keep it going.

The Zulus are sick of this petty fighting and are ready to set aside our bias and hates. We are hoping all will welcome this change as well.
Old September 23, 2001, 12:11   #153
drake
King

OOC
Capo, the zip file says "invalid archive"....

Sorry
Old September 23, 2001, 15:05   #154
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

How the map looks after Last Week

Drake put this up on your page, I can't keep it here long.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Last edited by OzzyKP; September 23, 2001 at 15:12.
Old September 23, 2001, 15:15   #155
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

The Latest Map

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old September 23, 2001, 15:19   #156
General Maximus
Prince

Local Time: 07:50

http://www.youthrights.org/Lastturn.jpg

SAVE THE TREES...wipe your ass with an owl:)
Old September 23, 2001, 19:41   #157
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Diplomatic Transmission...
European State Department
110 Metternich Way
Berlin, Germany

TO: The dignitaries of the Zulu Federation, WAAR and the Union of Asian States.

Since the newly elected Prime Minister Winston Churchill took office, and thus my appointment as Secretary of State, a long hard look has been taken at the events that have unfolded in the Sahara deserts.

If anything, these recent developments serve as a wake up call to our nations. All of the efforts made towards peace and unity among our nations has proven to be for naught. While good intentions served us well at the Western Conference in En Nahud, they did not promote peace enough to prevent this from escalating into what could possibly be the Third World War.

Clearly nobody wants that, peace is what every nation wants. Our talks with various officials from the nations involved proves this point, therefore we must come to a consensus. European ambassadors have heared differing stories and peace suggestions from all nations involved in this situation. We feel that the only way to achieve any sort of lasting agreement would have to entail a meeting of the minds so a consensus could follow. A consensus that will achieve what we wish to reach; the revival of Western culture.

Since the aims of this goal should not be discussed in such a flimsy and easily accessable means, in essence this letter, Prime Minister Churchill and I suggest yet another conference of Western states. This time in Europe, in the city of Amsterdam which will eventually hold the United Nations.

We feel that this meeting is not one of arbitrary diplomatic discussion, that this meeting is necessary. Therefore we will accept any rejection of an invitation as a negative feeling towards peace in our area of the world. The nations of Mongolia (also known as the Union of Asian States), WAAR, and the Zulu Federation are invited. Representatives of Mali are invited as well, however we feel that at the time their nation may be far too disrupted to even field a government, let alone representatives. For these purposes their allies the Zulus will speak in the name of Mali interests.

Therefore we not only hope, but EXPECT that representatives from these nations attend the procedings in Amsterdam. We will not rest until an agreement is made towards the end of these conflicts and signatures are affixed to some sort of auxillery agreement that would secure our peace, and allow us to foster a prosperous future.

Thank you for your time, and may God bless you.

Secretary of State,

Vittorio Rossi
Old September 24, 2001, 10:29   #158
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Moscow, Russia; European Union...
Droves of refugees filed out of the railcars as Churchill's limousine drove past. He looked out of the window as the light snow drifted by and turned towards Vittorio Rossi, his Secretary of State "Vittorio, how the hell did things come to this?"

"Sir, I really don't know. Parliament did a terrible job when they reallocated military power, they gave increadable leeway to Military officials. Its ridiculous, the demise of Pagniacci took a horrible toll on order." he replied, sifting through his notes.

"Well" said the Prime Minister, knowing full well it was his actions as a member of Parliament that contributed to it "It was necessary at the time, little was done to counteract its negative effects. We have to work on that now." he again looked out the window "Look at them, this is sad."

"Yes, yes it is." said Rossi, still fumbling through his notes "It should all be fixed by the end of the month. At least as far as administration goes."

"Well we're five minutes late as it is, how long do you think it will take to arrive?" he asked.

"Judging by traffic probably fifteen more minutes, this refugee issue is horrible. I don't know what the Asians were thinking."

"Christ, Alessi will be there right?" asked the Prime Minister.

"Yes, Adriana spoke with me early this morning. She'll be there, its a very secretive location, we should be fine..."

Dublin, Ireland; European Union...

Gustav walked through the dark hallway as he glanced around nervously, the Irish had established a very good method of doing things, far superior to the Russian methods. There were two men in leather coats in front of him, and another behind him who no doubt carried a firearm. He was tense for the first time in his career, after this he'd be the chief of European Intelligence.

"In there." said the man in a thick Irish accent. Gustav nodded and opened the door, inside was Eamon DeValera and three others. All of which had semiautomatic weapons. Gustav sat down as DeValera motioned towards one of the chairs. "Mr. O'Grady, a pleasure to finally meet you." said DeValera.

Gustav nodded and said "Aye, the pleasure is all mine" in a very accurate Irish accent and pulled out a pack of cigarettes "Is it fine if I smoke?"

"Of course" replied DeValera as Gustav lit his cigarette.

"So Shamus, how was your trip from Manchester?" asked Eamon.

"It was shite, you know how the English weather is. The sea was unforgiving, but I'm fine, I've been through worse." said Gustav as he took a drag.

"Well, I hope you'd excuse my lack of nicities, but I believe the time has come to cut to the chase here; you have information I want, we're both sons of Erin, we both want the same thing." he replied.

"Aye, this is true." replied Gustav "But you see, we're Marxists, and we know you have the power right now to make a capitalist state out of Eireann, not only the power but the want. We can't have that without some sort of compramise." said Gustav.

Eamon sighed, the two man near the door locked it and their guns clicked "You are a very brave man Shamus, either that or a very stupid man. Why you would walk into this room with this attitude is beyond me."

Gustav glanced around nervously "Hey there, there's no need for this. We're both intelligent men, we both know what we want. You know full well you won't achieve your goals without our support, we know the same. There's no need for this."

"Ah but there is. You see we are not friends, we are not allies, we are enemies, you want to turn my country into some automoton state, supporting Communist ideals. We can't have that, Ireland is for the Irish. This isn't a movement to globalize the world under some pseudo-religious doctrine, this is simply to free our nation." said Eamon as he lit a cigar "You will give me what I want and in exchange you will have your life, its that simple."

"I currently don't have the information on me, it would be unwise to do so, for this situation primarily." he said looking about the room "And believe me, my men have orders, they won't give in to you especially if my life is taken. It seems we have reached a stalemate, care to go in a different direction?" Gustav replied, he was very nervous now, for the first time in his career.

"Hmm, a very wise premise. However we are quite aware that the Commies couldn't run their operation without you. All of their cells would cease to function, you know this as well, so its very simple, turn over the information and you will leave here with your life."

"Very well, you will have your information-"

"And we want half of your weapon stores as well." Eamon shot in quickly, Gustav knew he had no access and would have to provide weapons as well, depending on how the deal was to go down.

"This, I can provide as well, but only after we recieve some information from you. We must know safehouses, and we must have our men quartered there in case the Euros decide to make a bust." Eamon seemed suspicious of this request.

"Why on Earth would you need our safehouses?" he asked.

"The Euros are cracking down on Communism, you know this very well, they don't mind you boys running around despite your superior funding, weapons and numbers. Its confusing as hell, they hunt us down though, hunt down our safehouses. They don't put half the effort into yours. Thus we would need them." said Gustav, he knew he slipped up, he knew he was making big mistakes.

"I'll tell you what, we'll sell you some safehouses, but we need this deal to go down within the next week, otherwise its pointless."

"Understood" replied Gustav "Here is an address and a phone number. They aren't to the same place, and tracing the number won't get you anywhere. Please call tomorrow at around three p.m., you'll speak with Steven. You'll recieve further instructions, then we'll discuss purchasing safehouses."

Eamon stood and shook his hand "Thank you very much Mr. O'Grady, its been a pleasure."

"Likewise" said Gustav...
Old September 24, 2001, 12:20   #159
belinda9
Warlord

Local Time: 06:50
ooc -- testing
haven't been able to interactively access anything on the Net. must be Explorer problem, so trying the hated Netscape. As a test, I post this here cause thought capo might like it (and to see could I do it). hope it works. if so, a Mali post forthcoming
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	newmiddleeast.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	3081  
Old September 24, 2001, 18:05   #160
belinda9
Warlord

(copy of a Xeroxed broadsheet; believed to have been published in New Gao and distributed largely hand to hand. Copies have been found as far north as Canadienne and as far south as the Congo)

For years, the Israelis/FDP/WAAR or whatever they now call themselves, has hidden their agenda behind a false facade of peace. Their leaders blatently lied to us during our ill-advised alliance, and upon breaking off the alliance, left unfulfilled several key terms of the initial allianc, even as they had the unmitigated gall to claim failure of the alliance was due to the Mali. It has been speculated that the whole facade of an alliance was merely a ruse to get themselves a toehold on the American continent, and that their total ambition from the beginning was nothing less than the total domination of those areas of this continent traditionally sttled by the Mali people. They asked the Mali to help them war on the Adriatic League, knowing our military forces were still understrength after the long years of fighting against them, yet even as our cruisers and transports lay off the ports of the Iberian penisula, they turn around and negotiate a peace with the AL before we can even offload troops. Some now believe this was a failed attempt to sucker us into just the type situation we have today: to lead us one way and yet duck out and twist the world opinion to make it seem that the Mali are to blame for everything. And then they use this same action as an excuse to cancel an alliance we had maintained in good faith.
But we were at peace. Or so they claimed. Even when they broke the alliance, the Mali did not seek retribution for the lies we had been told. So the WAAR grew bolder. They claim to the world that they were withdrawing troops back to their respective homes, when we knew they kept very large concentrations of howizters camped in the Sudan, and in Egypt, against the day they could turn their sights on the neighboring Mali and Zulu cities. The Sudan is not anywhere near their homeland. And constantly would the neighboring cities of the Sudan find WAAR infantry camped within their borders. Richmond awoke one morning to find their resources usurped by WAAR riflemen; indeed, an entire city which had sprung up even upon its very city gates! When Chaka demanded to the WAAR leadership that this presence be withdrawn from our border, they claimed them to be renegade! But Mali intelligence had reason to believe that this constant testing of our boundaries and large concentrations of troops within such close proximity to a nation claiming peace and friendship with a people who had already scorned us was a precursor to the day when, having settled their differences to the North, they could launch a surprise attack upon us. Chaka may not have been the most diplomatically skilled of leaders, but she believed a preemptory strike against these concentrations would provide best for the safety for her people, and so we struck first -- in defense of our lands and the sanctity of our borders! Did we wage a war of conquest, seeking to gain control over as much of the WAAR territory as we could? No! Even as we rid ourselves of the "renegade" Alabamans who clambored all over us in Richmond, other, more distant WAAR cities in America were not targeted. No cruisers appeared in the Caribbean to threaten their ports (given to them by us in the first place). Even as we drove the WAAR from our beloved motherland, did we cross the Suez to attack Israel itself or establish a Mali presence on THEIR continent? No, we did not! Even though at the time we still had sufficent military power to reduce Israel itself to rubble, this was not the will of the Mali. We did not desire to rule the WAAR. We simply wanted them to be gone and leave us alone. If you poke a man in the chest repeatedly, how can you be surprised if he throws a punch at you?
But even as WAAR whined to the world about the terrible Mali aggression in driving them from THREE cities, they suddenly had sufficient "retired" troops to sweep all along the Mediterranean coast and take every port the Mali possessed. Did the world gawk at such naked aggression? No! Their response was that we should turn over EVERY AmericanMali city to these butchers! Thriving cities, rich with resources and an integral part of the Mali production -- we were to turn these over intact to WAAR in exchange for the smoking ruins of desert cities. Even when Dakar patriots recaptured their city, WAAR resorted to base bribery to regain control of this port: an act proscribed for centuries in the world. Where was the outrage of the world then?
And now even our capital city of Timbuktu lies in smoking ruins under the heel of our enemies, and the world shrugs. Our friends the Zulus alone shout in outrage over this blatent attempt to drive the Mali from the face of the earth, and for good cause: for if the world will sit by and passively watch as WAAR decimates 1/2 a continent and attempts to steal 1/3 of another continent through demagoguery and twisted propaganda, will not the Zulu be the next target in their naked grab for Africa? Even as the Zulu tried desperately to hold themselves above the fray, they had no choice but to defend themselves, as WAAR demanded, then grabbed, the twin cities of Etreria and Ghana; stationing huge concentrations of troops upon the Zulu's very heartland and claiming it as a "defensive shield" for territories lying hundreds of leagues to the North! And the world shrugged, asking only why Africans persisted in war. But what would the Australians do if Sydney was no more and their rich port cities lay in rubble? Would they not strive to survive? Who can tell? The Aussies have never lifted a hand in the defense of anyone, preferring to remain aloof and make a profit from the misfortunes of others. They still remain allied with the WAAR and speak of peace out of one side of their mouths with their hands in their pockets. Would not the Chinese take up arms to save themselves from cultural obliteration? Or would they meekly hand over their choicest real estate for the right to subsist on the smoking scraps left to them, as they seemed to fell the Mali should? As WAAR rampages unchecked across two continents, the Chinese may find themselves faced with a similar choice within our lifetimes -- do they not have tempting prosperous cities bordering WAAR? When will they awake some morning to find "renegade" WAAR troops parked upon their borders? And the world should look to see how WAAR has swelled in population -- how many WAAR cities exist today because Mali cities exist no more? The Zulu call for restoration of prewar borders, but how can that be restored which no longer exists? Cities are gone, wiped from the face of the desert, and there are no more means to rebuild. Is the expansion of WAAR so precious to the hearts of the world? If they have no compassion or sense of justice, do they at least have no anxiety?
In desperation to avoid domination by the WAAR invader, African Malis beg the Zulu to accept them as refugees from a civilization all but decimated, but the Zulus do not want to see the Mali subsumed. Fellow Africans, they want only to see the Mali upon their own motherland, as they themselves live. And who else is there to speak for the Mali? Our capitol is fallen, it's wonders under contol of the WAAR; our government is gone; our leaders dead. Rashid benHakeem, son of the late Mali Senator and confidant to Tuwanda, rumored leader of an underground movement to obtain independence of the AmericanMali, is rumored to have caught the last transport to Africa and it is widely believed he has sought asylum under the protection of General Shakeem of the Zulu, to see what can be salvaged. Stangely enough, his dream of American independence has been partially realized, as MaliAmerica finds itself totally isolated from the remnants of the motherland. And yet still he strives to recapture what he can of what is left; it has taken a holocaust such as we have seen perpetrated upon the Mali as a whole to make us all realize that African or American, we are all Mali, and cannot survive as a people one without the other.
To our fellow Africans, we proclaim we would rather be willing subjects of the Zulu nation than the slaves of WAAR. To the world we proclaim we will never willing be a part of WAAR: if conquered, we will always exist as a conquered people toiling under the jackboots of the oppressor. And if the world stands by and does nothing; look to your borders and watch them well and remember the lesson of the Mali in suffering the terrible "peace" of WAAR.
Old September 25, 2001, 03:37   #161
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:50
The Facts Versus Propoganda
Many have seen the lies the Mali underground are spreading. The Western Asia and American Republic High Council (WAAR HC) has released the following to allow the world to see the truth.

Regarding the claims of the Mali that all of Africa was theirs we remind the world that it was Jewsih settlers that arrived first in Northern Africa and set up the Province of Egypt. Onlt poor leadership by Dimbly the weak led to no more provinces along the nile although this region was first scouted by the Israelis and no nation set up along the nile to thouasands of years later.

The Mali were the original aggresors, they attacked the peaceful Israelis guarding the Egyptian Buffaloes. The Israelis then counter attacked and forced back the Mali. The Mali continued to attack. A chang eof leadership made no change as they continued their aggression agaisnt the Israelis. So the Israeli Government of the time , in consultation with the world nations took control of the Nile Valley. At this point in time the Israeli nation had the strength and the resolve to conquer all of the Mali nation, but it withheld after only taking the Nile as promised. PEace negotiations between the Mali and Israel insued and the peace agreement was signed on condition of some Mali American Colnies being given to the Israelis, and the Israelis pressured the Zulus to return two provinces taken from the Mali back to them. During the Israeli/Mali war the Adriatics to the north had also conquered some Mali territiry both in America and Africa. The Israelis then convinced the Mali that their safest future was as an ally of the Israelis and that together we could force the Adriatics from the Mali territory.

After agreeing to the Alliance the Adriaticsd felt threatened and attacked Israel to the North. Rather than fighiting back in that direction , we sent our troops to fight for the Mali territorys in Africa. Many Israelis died in Turkey due to lack of troops there, but it was felt our ally needed us. Our ally informed us they didnt have an army and were rebuilding. So we captured the province of Libya and gave it immediatly to the Mali for free. We then set forth plans to push back the Adriatics in America. The Mali agreed. After many decades the Mali had made no attack agsint the Adriatics in America (nor elsewhere) no army still they repleid to our questions. The Adriatics once again attacked the Israelis in Turkey and once again the Mali faield to come top our aid , the Israelis were forced to push back the Adriatics alone.

A leading Israeli General requested a visit with the Mali leaders and was taken on a tour of Mali provinces in africa. He was surprised and alarmed to see NO Army being built , only city improvments and a WONDER !!! . He requested the Mali leadership honour their part of the allaince and fight the Adriatics. They agreed to change al ltheir production to war footing. Soon they had a fleet and an invasion force built in North Africa. The plan was then formulated that the Mali attack Spain and Israel attack Greece, the mongols too agreed to attack Uralsky and through to Russia. A division of Europe was drawn up.

Then whilst the Israelis fought for world peace by squashing the aggresive Adriatics, the mongols signed peace and the Mali didnt budge from North Africa. When the Zulus mobilized their entire army the Mali leadership informed the Israelis that "Marines were moving through the Jungle toward Mali territory" so all Israeli units were moved to protect our ally. Suddenly the Zulus landed an invasion off the coast of Yemen and the Mali/Zulu treachery was revealed. Tens of Thousands of Yemenese were slaughtered before the Isreali and Zulu nation signed a cease fire.

Interestingly the Zulus refused continually to accept a peace agreement offered by the Isrealis despite the EU agreeing to a peace agreement and even they asked thew Zulus to accept peace. But no , even though th eIsraelis had never fired a shot at any Zulu soldier they refused peace.

The newly founded FDP decided not to make the same mistakes as it predecesor and after much investigation of Mali diplmacy decided that the alliance was not real. Not once had they come to our aid. They faield to launch the invasion of Spain forcing us into a war on two fronts. We cancelled our alliance and all FDP units returned to FDP provinces.

Despite much tension across the Western world the EU and Israelis continued to press the Zulus and Mlais for a Western Coalition. Eve nas the Mongols (Asian Union) continued their war on the EU. Still the Zulus wouldnt sign peace.

And so we come to the third world war. The newly formed Western Asia and American Republic, a new democratic nation, with all the former EU colnies in America, (one of which was Alabama , we didnt build it they did) the Alabamans were struglling for resources and so foolishly took control of a moutnain that was next to the province of Richmond. This matter was dealt hashly with at the highest level, and instructions were given to remove the battalion and begin negotations.

Before any negotiations could take place, the Mlai attacked, not only did they attack the battalion of marines heading home, they attacked the WAAR provinces in Africa, these two provinces were rightfully WAAR cotnrol and we had every right to maintain our troops with the province. All of our provinces contained Ralfitzers as we have the largest contingent of them in the world, from previous wars with Mali and Adriatics. Every WAAR province is garisoned with both defenders and Ralfitzers. So the Mali allegation of that our Rlafitzers were there to attack is false.

The world then stood back and watchged for our response, they did not chide the Mali for the attack nor begin negotaions to return our provinces. Many African WAAR citizens were murdered innocenlty in their sleep as the Mali attacked. The WAAR military then showed why it so easliy conquered all of the balkans and parts of Europe so easily as it strode through the Northern part of Africa. The world made a peace treaty offer that was rejected by the Mali, ans so in lieu of a peace treaty , we pushed on and took more citys. Finally the Mali ran to Zulu Nation and the Zulus once agai nshowed their hatred of the Jews and Arabs by again siding with any nation that fought the WAAR.

Did the WAAR ask for this war no. Have we ever attacked any nation unprovoked no!! Has the Mali attacked unprovoked YES Twice...!! Has the Zulus fought nations that have never attacked them YES TWICE...!!!! The WAAR HC can not accept a full return of all Mali provinces to Mali, it will only lead to further war in the future. We ask that the terms as agreed by the Chinese be invoked, with the exception being that EU troops garrison the Border provinces.
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old September 25, 2001, 03:44   #162
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: ooc -- testing
Quote:
Originally posted by belinda9
haven't been able to interactively access anything on the Net. must be Explorer problem, so trying the hated Netscape. As a test, I post this here cause thought capo might like it (and to see could I do it). hope it works. if so, a Mali post forthcoming
I know thw Attached pic was jsut a joke Belinda, but it reaaly was in bad taste, how many more innocents must die before people wil lbe happy !!! I have seen too many Americnas asking for Afghanistan to be wiped out for all of it to be just jokes, too many madmen on both sides and I worry that many will do for no reason other than their governemnt supports Terrorisits - Just like the WTC.. rember who the US supprots !!!!
Old September 25, 2001, 04:55   #163
The Capo
DiploGames
King

European Statement...
Berlin, Germany
April 20th, 1570
11:00 am GMT

People of the World.

The European Union has asked that the nations of Mali and the WAAR please end hostilities so that a civilized agreement could be found. Despite these calls both nations have continued to publicly bash the other in an attempt to gain support.

This activity is, of course, wholly permitted. We are in no position to do so, howver one nation's call to the world was very startling to us in the wake of attempts at Western unity. The Mali in their transmission openly called out to Australia rather than its Western friends the Europeans. This decision on the part of the Mali proves once and for all that their intentions are not for any sort of peace in the west but the continued alienation of their Western neighbors.

Therefore, Prime Minister Churchill condones the actions of the UAS/WAAR Coalition and condemns the Mali government. Their government is a Fascist totalitarian state, freedom and peace are not characteristics of this nation, but dreams beyond the reach of their citizens. With the Israeli incursion comes not only destruction of this government, but the arrival of Democracy within the Saharan deserts, something this land has yet to experience in its entire history.

We understand our statement will garnish resentment from our friends in Mali, but the freedom of the West is our foremost concern. We are equally assured that our allies the Zulus may take offense to our decision, however we ask that before they make any diplomatic decisions a discussion is had.

Thank you for your time.
Old September 25, 2001, 05:22   #164
The Capo
DiploGames
King

From EU to Israel...
The Europeans never once invaded or initiated war against Israel without first being aggressed by the Hebrew.

Cease with your lies, or pick up a history book.
Old September 25, 2001, 05:51   #165
drake
King

Israelis lie?
Surely you jest

For the last time, the Zulus are ready to put aside differences and deal with the west as one. Though we will never be great friends with the Israelis, we are determined to get along and make peace. But this, as we have stated in the past, is going to require a big step from WAR (I mean WAAR). Africa will be withdrawn from by Israel immediately. We suggest China occupies Egypt to serve as a buffer between Africa and the Middle East. American held Mali provinces are to be dealt with by the Mali and Israeli governments, but the dark continent is non-negotiable. After this immediate transfer has occured the Zulus are prepared to sign a peace treaty with Israel.

Also, what needs to be put to rest is the continuance of Israeli story telling. They write very nice stories indeed, but they are in no way historically accurate. All nations of the west will concur to this fact. Although Israel has castrated the Mali and the Europeans, they have somehow never done any wrong! It's quite an amazing phenomenon wouldn't you say?

The bottom line is this. The Zulus are once again giving Israel means to peace. We have given them this option before (The En Nahud and Erteria discussion) but they declined. Everyone witnessed this account. Israel had a chance to get peace and they didn't take it. Every nation on the globe can attest to that fact. And now, we are once again handing peace to Israel on a silver platter. We feel the Israeli crimes deserve a much harsher punishment, but for the good of the west, we are willing to let it slide.

So the ball is now fully in the Israeli court. This is a make or break moment. The Israelis can either choose peace for the west, or war for the west.
Old September 25, 2001, 09:46   #166
Prometheus
Warlord

Editorial excerpt by the Senator from Beijing found in the Beijing Times:

As war rages in the hot sands of Africa and limited battles scatter the northeast hills of North America the people of China find themselves experiencing peace, prosperity and fear. While fear is not a concern of some in the Chinese Democracy those who live by the borders of Mongolia certainly have there fears that the current leader, A.I. will launch a war of aggression against the walls of Canton and Beijing and the other cities in the area. However on the other side of the country those in the cities of Alliance, Tao and Bangkok look across the few miles of planes and hills and see the Israeli cities in North America and fear that soon the war will soon spill across their borders. And who can blame those with such fears in all of China’s history we have never been engaged in a shooting war. Are greatest casualties are from ancient barbarians who in our entire history have inflicted two horseman and a pikeman division causalities on us. And now in our country is greater than any time in history with the economy booming and population rising yet our military is in a pathetic state. We might be the most neutral country in the world but that also makes us a target, while the government will try to help those at war achieve peace, we must be able to defend our country against any foreign aggressor that would dare attack our great shores. I implore the readers to write my fellow Senators and Representatives to approve the increase in defense budget when it comes up in Congress this year.

National Polls: (taken following the last Israeli offencive)

1. Do you believe the Israeli were wrong to go as far as they have in their war?
Yes: 57%
No: 40%
Don’t know: 3%

2. Do you believe the Mali were justified too launch what they viewed as a pre-emptive strike against Waar?
Yes: 39%
No: 40%
No but sympathetic to their position: 20%

3. Should China get involved Militarily in the current war?
Yes: 30%
No: 70%

4. Should China offer its diplomatic services to finding a solution?
Yes: 35%
No: 20%
Only if requested: 45%

5. Do you support expanding the CDF (Chinese Defense Force)?
Yes: 65%
No: 35%
Old September 25, 2001, 10:32   #167
drake
King

War room, Zimbabwe
"So General, how do you think the Israelis will react?" Lieutenant Ghazinak asked Shakeem.

"It's tough to say In, the Israelis are a very proud people and they are very stubborn to boot. It makes for a very difficult situation. Besides that, they hate us because we seem to be the only one that ever calls them on anything. We would be good friends with them if we were willing to look away when they go off on one of their murdering sprees. But alas, we have morals." said Shakeem wily.

"Well General, this is the time for them to finally prove their desire for peace. The demand we make is simple for them and as you stated, very reasonable. The threat once known as the Mali are all but wiped out. Even after they have their country back, they are not going to be a viable threat to anyone for decades, more likely centuries. Israel has succeeded in their mission: To disable the Mali threat. They say conquest was not the reason for the attacks and now they must prove it." said the Lieutenant.

"You're right of course In. With the Mali military in shambles and cities lying in ruin, the Mali are no longer a threat. Shaka is dead and a new, more moderate leader will probably come to power. The Mali will be a changed nation." said the General confidently.

"So General, what is the plan if the Israelis refuse our generous offer?" asked Lt. Ghazinak.

Shakeem looked at the Lieutenant like he was stupid.

"The West will be forever in the hell of warfare In! Cities will burn. People will die. There will never be peace. If Israel refuses to face the worlds opinions about their un-necessarily brutal attacks on the Mali, we will show them the err of their clouded ways. If no one is brave enough to stand with us, we will work alone. It all comes down to this In, when no one else has the balls to do the right thing, we will."

Ghazinak nodded.
Old September 25, 2001, 11:05   #168
belinda9
Warlord

ok I have no idea if this os OOC or not
Quote:
Originally posted by The Capo
Berlin, Germany
April 20th, 1570
11:00 am GMT

, howver one nation's call to the world was very startling to us in the wake of attempts at Western unity. The Mali in their transmission openly called out to Australia rather than its Western friends the Europeans. This decision on the part of the Mali proves once and for all that their intentions are not for any sort of peace in the west but the continued alienation of their Western neighbors.

Therefore, Prime Minister Churchill condones the actions of the UAS/WAAR Coalition and condemns the Mali government.
excuse me? I do not understand at all where the hell you got this from. Maybe because you weren't there for that (and I'm sneering now) "emergency world peace summit" but if I condemn the major world powers for doing nothing at all but smirking I do not personally construe that as a "call" to them to aid the Mali in any other way than to at least SAY something to their own allies

but then any excuse will do, huh?
condemn us all you want. I don't give aflying *$&#+*
Old September 25, 2001, 11:16   #169
drake
King

OOC
Since we're talking about aussies.....

Where the hell is Deity and is he too good to ever grace these boards with his presence
Old September 25, 2001, 14:13   #170
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

WAAR Refuses Zulu Peace Offer
The WAAR High Council REjects all calls for them to hand over Provinces that have rightly been theirs sine time began. Any individual who studys history will see that Egypt was settled as part of the Israeli Nation , it was the second province founded, to turn over that part of our nation is sacramount to asking the Zulus to hand over their largest city. No this will not be done. The Mali started this war as they did the first Mali/Israeli war, we will not be pushed around. We will willingly return the captured Mali provinces as agreed in the Chinese peace plan, but ask that the EU as part of the Western Coalition, maintain control of the border provinces. Not one WAAR province will be surrendered to the aggressors.

As to the EU claism that the Israelites started all wars, we fully understand that each of their democraticlly eleveted governments have forged great peace with the Israelites, but unfortunalty the Adriatic Idiots Party has taken over their country on three occasions , and on all occasions has attacked the Israelites unprovoked, as in the recent attack on Khurdistan. In the past the Israelites have reacted forcibly to this type of attack, but in the interests of western union and understanding know that the democratically elected leaders in EU will hand back the Province of Khurdistan.

The WAAR High Council has in its hands a proposal to end all war in Africa and Asia. It suggests that the Asian Union of the Mongols hands back the two Provinces of EU it took in the wars. It suggests that the EU garrison the Mali border provinces south of WAAR territory to prevent any further viloence there.

We beleive once this is instigated , true peace will reign. We send copies of our proposed world peace plan to all parties, The Mali, theZulu, The EU and the Mongols.

The WAAR awaits the official response from all nations
Old September 25, 2001, 14:20   #171
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC
Umm folks slight crisis here, I have borrowed my Civ2 disk to a friend and he hasnt returned it yet... If he doesnt return it by Thursday I cant paly, unless any one knows where i cna get a no cd hack, dont post it here but please email me any info at familyauld@dingoblue.net.au thanks guys/ gal ,,,,,
Old September 25, 2001, 14:52   #172
sekong
Warlord

Sure, there are such things. ANd it is not the 1st time a HOTWer need that. :-)
Old September 25, 2001, 15:05   #173
drake
King

ooc
You've got two days raz, whats the problem?

Back to business:

Under recommendation of almost all nations, the Zulus will bend to the Israeli claim on Egypt. We were asking too much. But the rest of Africa is still rightly Mali homeland.

The Zulus have offered peace and been rejected. We have compromised and are taking Egypt out of the equation. We now send this new offer of peace to Israel. We find it very reasonable. Representatives of WAAR, you have the power to obtain the peace you've always wanted. If you want to show the Zulus you want peace, you must be willing to make sacrifices. You have caused great un-rest in Africa and all we're asking is for you to give the Mali people back their land. You have killed hundreds of thousands if not millions already. How much more have to die before you're convinced that the Mali are no longer a threat?

This is the end of the line Israel. Do the right thing.
Old September 25, 2001, 17:33   #174
drake
King

After reviewing the map of Africa
And weighing all options, we have decided that we have been pig headed and un-fair with our demands on Israel. Though we must look soft continuing to change our offer, we are compromising. We are listening to our allies and taking advice.

In our very final (this time for sure!), proposal for peace, we are willing to compromise the Israeli occupation of Libya as well. All other cities must be returned and strict guidelines to enforce border security for the Mali, Zulu and Isrealis will be set in place. We suggest that either the EU or China police this area of the world and keep order. The Zulus will build a fortress in which the police can maintain rail security north of Ghana. This is an attempt to come up with a solution that will protect both Africans and the Israelis.

We are even willing to provide a unit to the selected police force.

Though we hate to compromise to such a level, peace must be achieved in the west and the Zulus are trying desperately to find a fair and adequate solution.

We hope Israel will agree.
Old September 25, 2001, 19:07   #175
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Berlin, Germany; EU Special Announcement...
Winston Churchill was seen on the moniter sitting in his desk, in front of the window showing the Berlin skyline. He was dressed in a suit with an EU and Eurkorps flag in the background...

"People of the World, the recent developments in Africa are sickening. No matter which side you take in this issue, you must admit that the loss of life suffered by both sides has been horrible. The sovreign territory of both nations has been transgressed upon by the soldiers of both nations. Many innocent lives have been taken, and many glorious cities now lie in smoldering rubble. Words have been bandied about by both the Mongol-Judeo camp and the Mali-Zulu camp. Europe has been called upon by both in private to help mediate the situation, our attempts have been lacklustre to say the least. It is very difficult when dealing with allies to decide upon a stance to take, thus we have not taken a stance and will not do so. However we are the champions of Western culture, and will continue to remain so no matter how horrible the status of our nation becomes. We have been racked by military strikes from Israel, Mongolia, Mali and Australia throughout the years. Our colonial empire which was once the envy of many nations now sits under the flags of foreign nations. A good portion of Europe now lies under Mongolian occupation, the Balkans have yet to be fully restored. We have hardly anything, but even in this state we understand that our position remains, we are the fathers of Western culture and now the time has come to control our children. Eurokorps will be reinstated, these soldiers will be comissioned into the Sahara desert, we are demanding that a cease-fire be signed for the purposes of peace, we want a freeze of all military units in the area. Mali units musn't move, Israeli units already there may only move northward or westward, and Zulu troops in the area may only move due south towards Zulu territory. If any of these units are seen going in other directions without explaination they will be taken out without question. This is what we say, if these nations refuse to comply with this then we risk another war, Europe is sick and tired of these petty fights. During the cease-fire peace talks will resume and will be successful, when this occurs we will evacuate Africa and move on towards Western unification. I anxiously await responses from our friends the Zulu, Israeli, Mali and Mongol. We hope and pray that peace is achieved. Thank you, and God bless Europe."
Old September 26, 2001, 01:31   #176
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Zulu offer
Once again the Zulus ask that WAAR provinces be surrendered and that the WAAr is to be punished for a war we never wanted. Libya is not nor has ever been a WAAR province and we do not desire it. It may return to the control of the Africans. But the WAAR province of Sudan must be returned to the WAAR, thisisa WAAR republic fro mwell before this current war. WE are fully prepared to ask for no more territory in Africa than we originall controlled, not much of a demand realy. All we ask is that the boreder provinces of Central Africa be given over to the control of the EU, we do not accpet just fortresses being built. The Mali must be punished for starting the war, and whilst the WAAR should demand reprisals agaisnt the Mali we dont, we ask that our neutral friend to the north the EU who have surely suffered much at the hands of th previous Israeli governments (rightly or wrongly depending on whose side you are on) we feel that giving the EU these border territories will restablish the EU as a power and also punish the Mali for the war they started.

We shall not now nor ever accept Mali citizens living within shooting distance of our citizens.

The WAAR will make no gains from this agreement we propose other than security in the region.
Old September 26, 2001, 01:33   #177
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC
There might be two days to go Drake but the guy who has my disk is in another state now, and cant return it till Sunday.!!!

I depseratly need that CD hack guys, any info please email me
Old September 26, 2001, 05:04   #178
drake
King

Sudan instead of Libya
The Zulus feel that the Israelis are finally being genuine for their desire for peace and we are ready to give it to them. Trading the Sudan for Libya is certainly a reasonable request and we shall approve this compromise.

However, the Zulus are confused as to what "border provinces" entail. Is this one or two cities? If so, which ones? The neutral presence of the EU in one or two cities seems to be a reasonable compromise, but certainly no more than that. The threat Israel feels the Mali may pose is more imagination than anything. They have been decimated. Their wings are fully clipped. Even if they are in shooting range, they have nothing to shoot you with!

Once we discuss what the border provinces are in fact and we can come to a mutual agreement, than the Zulus are prepared to sign an immediate peace deal with Israel. The West shall be united after all, thank god!

OOC-
Raz, you can't get the guy to overnight it? You guys mst have some overnight service down in aussieland right? Thats what I had to do one week. Not that much of a big deal.......

As far as the hack goes, I really have no information, sorry. Perhaps start a thread?
Old September 26, 2001, 06:59   #179
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

<b>CENTRAL ASIAN INQUIRER</B>
5 Togrog
April 4, 1570

DOMESTIC NEWS
------------------------------------------

<B>Ozzy Khan Wins In Landslide</B>

The results of last week's Presidential election are in with 97% of precincts counted the clear victor is Tibetan native Ozzy Khan. Voters have given Ozzy a majority in 31 of UAS' 37 provinces, sweeping over the incumbent President, Adangqan Injinashi.

Asian citizens were confused by actions taken recently by Injinashi toward the EU and Chinese. While UAS' long time ally, WAAR was being attacked by the African coalition Injinashi instead choose to attack UAS' currently peaceful neighbors to the West and threaten the long peaceful neighbors to the East.

Citizens demanded a more rational realignment of foreign policy to one that supports beleaguered allies and leaves peaceful nations alone.

Ozzy Khan had this to say on his victory, "I am very pleased the Asian citizens favored my leadership. I ran a good clean campaign and I will make good on my promises to bring rational foreign policy and domestic reforms to the UAS."

<b>City Name Rumors Confirmed</B>

There have long been laughs and rumors in the Union of Asian States over the fact that the nation's capitol is in fact spelled incorrectly. City leaders have long been too embarassed to acknowledge the misspelling by changing it so have kept from mentioning the issue in the press for many years.

President Elect Ozzy Khan promises that a more reasoned approach to naming cities will be undertaken. Any errors or foolish names will be changed. Many regions will be offered a referendum to vote on the new name of their region.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS
--------------------------------------

<B>President Elect To Reverse Misdeeds By Predecesors</B>

President Elect Ozzy Khan pledges to honor all past agreements that were left unfufiled by his predesecors. After the European-Mongolian war a peace treaty was signed but thus far the terms of that deal have not been carried out. President Elect Khan also pledges to return territory captured by President Injinashi to smooth over relations with the Europe and China.

The President Elect said, "We will maintain a stance of armed vigilance. Those who are our friends will be regarded as such. Those who are neutral will be dealt with peacefully though carefully. Those who are our enemies must beware our wrath."

<B>Desert War Continues To Boil</B>

No end in sight for the decades long war in Nothern Africa. WAAR troops now occupy most of Mali possesions in Africa. Many peace agreements have been introduced by both sides, some realistic some vengeful, but nothing concrete has been agreed to yet.

With the involvement of the Zulu in the Israeli-Mali war there is much speculation that the UAS will support their long-time Israeli ally if needed against the African alliance assembled against them. Most Asians agree that the African nations were the agressors in this conflict and hope for a fair peace to settle the issue finally.

The Inquirer has taken a poll of the people regarding the war and what our response should be:

Who is to blame for starting the Israeli-Mali war?

Mali- 88%
Israel- 4%
Undecided- 7%
Other- 1%

Was the Israeli response justified?

Yes-37%
No-29%
Undecided- 34%

If peace cannot be made do you favor support for UAS' Israeli allies?

Yes- 43%
No- 23%
Undecided-34%

The President Elect stresses that all possible avenues for peace will be attempted before war is considered. "The world wants peace but threats masked as peace agreements will only create more hatred and war. Our nation calls for a fair peace, fair to all sides."

Old September 26, 2001, 13:10   #180
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

"Ahh Roberto have you seen the latest newspaper reports from the UAS?"

"Yes Madam Sarah, I have just finished reading them , it is good news that the people have chosen a new leader!"

"Yes but what do you make of all these polls they are running and the ones we swa in Chinese reports?"

"Well we all know polls are biased by the people taking the poll, they usually choose their demographics well. But it was pleasing to see that President Khan will be forging peace in Asia instead of war. I have many plans for a peaceful yet strong Asia. I beleive these wars over the past few centuries have shown that a disjointed Asia is weak and that a strong Asia can withstand the Africans."

"But after the latest Zulu memo we received it seems they are truly after peace as we are Roberto!"

"Yes it would seem that way Madam Sarah, but I have this gut feeling peace wont last. Whilst the leaders of both sides may know that we are all human under our skin no matter what colour, their are many within our nations on both sides that detest the other becuase of skin colour. Those are the people we have to worry about, the people who have the ear of the leaders."

"so where to fromm here Roberto? The Zulus seem to be agreeing to all our latest offers."

"Well they have stuck a few conditions on those agreements. They only want two Border provinces to be garrisoned by the EU, whilst we feel that 4-5 was probalby a safer number. I will have to consider this in much detail, I just wish that we could re-establiash communication with the frontlines so I can actually SEE for myslef what the situation is. Perhaps the Zulus might agree to find middle ground and agree to 3 provinces to be garissoned. I will have to await the MAPs and then let their leadership know."

"So we are finally going to get peace?"

"Yes, I think so Madam Sarah. I will right to President Khan to thank him for his offer of assistance but inform him that it shoudl not be necessary at this stage to allow other Asians to die in the fight ofr WAAR territiry"

"I wish they had made that offer when I was leading!!"

"Yes assistance from them back then would have assured the WAAR of complete security in the area. As it is we are still troubled by Zulu aggresion. But they at least are now offering a peace treaty for the first time in over 700 years."

"When will you speak to the people Roberto?"

"I will get a transmission set up for tongiht, the people of WAAR need saome good news. I shall proclaim to the people that the Chinese, our friends, have proposed a Peace Treaty that has been accepted by the Zulus. All we need now is the Mali agreement too, but as they are simply a puppet state of the Zulus, as they have always been, they will do as they are told."

"I wouldnt be too sure of that Roberto, they are a free minded people, they may choose a different path"

"If they do, they will be crushed, and this time I am sure the world wont sit back and encourage them"

"And if the Zulus rejoin the war?"

"If the Zulus break the peace treaty and join a still aggresive Mali, we would be force to initiate World War!! But let us hope it doesnt come to that."

"Amen to that"

"Well you must go now Madam Sarah, I have many memos to write and get out to the world leaders"