Old March 2, 2001, 05:59   #1
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:52
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The Site of 'Lady Liberty'
Normally when I'm playing an ICS game my sloppy micromanagement becomes non-existant so one builds the Lady, raises the luxury rate, turns off the city report options and revolts ...

However, when playing kcbob's 'Lightening Succession Game' we only get 7 turns as a maximum so every one counts -- consequently, I carefully set up each city to ensure minimum disruption during the revolution and had to sit and watch 50 cities make absolutely no contribution to the war effort (almost as painful as seeing Ribannah revert to Republic and sue for peace the very next round!)

My questions
Should the Lady be built in some backwoods village who's only claim to fame is being far down the build list? Would this strategy minimise the number of cities that 'enjoyed' Anarchy? Does using an oedo year in conjunction with the Lady have any effect?

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old March 2, 2001, 09:21   #2
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 19:52
SG - the ideal time to revolt with SoL is when you discover Communism or Fundamentalism. If you're a beaker micromanager and pick up that tech with your last city, there is no disruption at all. As far as I know, it doesn't matter where the Statue is actually located; I think all the cities will be processed before a new government is offered. Calling all testing mavens...
Old March 2, 2001, 09:58   #3
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 18:52
No need to test, DaveV, as usual, you are correct.

RAH