Old March 4, 2001, 17:04   #1
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:53
Local Date: October 30, 2010
This was hard to believe
background
This is from a king level solo Game of the Month2 from civfanatics.I was Mongols landing my spaceship in 1225ad.
Now,check out this powegraph.Notice the ai controlled Vikings.Pretty impressive.At the finish they had 28 cities.Thats the best PG I've seen an ai have at any level.Especially king.
Old March 4, 2001, 18:15   #2
Chaos Warrior

Well, the Vikings are not that bad at expanding ,so it's not oo hard to believe... what concerns me more is that you managed to get your spaceship to AC in the 13th century!!
I'm just playing a Perfectionist/ICS game on Chieftain, and I can consider myself lucky if I can do it before AD 1000, but on King!

Old March 5, 2001, 05:45   #3
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 23:53
Because the time frame is so small, that really is a near verticle powergraph! Did you have contact with the vikings, ie trade etc?
Old March 5, 2001, 06:23   #4
Smash
Emperor

well..I had contact with them but no interaction.I only traded internally.28 cities is alot for the ai in games I play.After Apollo I could see only Nanking in dark blue.All others had been built ,according to names.If only the ai played like this more often.They weren't a threat mind you,but at least they expanded abit.
Old March 6, 2001, 14:08   #5
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
In my european modpack I somehow got the ai to expand a lot more rapid than usuall (I am thinking of making a PC version of this mod), in a savegame that I included whit the modpack I played a game on a european map (the one I included whit my mod not the one included whit the game) and the polish civ got themsleves 33 cities, while the portuguese civ was clsoe behind whit 28 cities (the other Ai civs where medium whit about 15 cities each), I was playing the english and they just wouldn't let me expand of that little island of mine, I got to play the role of the little nation leading in technology, but lacking the manpower to take over the continent, what I could do was to keep the two major civs fighting.
I was attacked by them from time to time, but my navy (and later my airforce) fended them off, the game was so interesting (atleast to me) that I continued untill 2115 before quiting (I had disabled AC victory). I might have to mention that the polish empire used to be bigger those 33 cities are after the empire split, the vikings appeard taking over about 10 cities in the ukraine area.
That is one of the best games I have played (even though I didn't win).
Old March 6, 2001, 16:11   #6
Smash
Emperor

maybe I will have look at that mod.

I was blown away by that Viking line.Looks more like 2 humans were playing.
Old March 6, 2001, 16:21   #7
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

There isn't a PC version of it yet (but it shouldn't be too much work converting it, if there is interest in such conversion I will do it).
Old March 7, 2001, 05:59   #8
Smash
Emperor

If there was a pc version I'd just have to convert it to MAC
Old March 7, 2001, 09:01   #9
Henrik
Emperor

Ah...
Then you can load the included save too, right?
See what I was talking about? That included save was me playing as the english, I am thinking of changing some of the graphics as well for the mod (The wheel lock musketeer isn't very pretty for instance).
I would like some feedback on the mod, I haven't got any except for from my playtesters.
Old March 11, 2001, 10:46   #10
Julius Brenzaida
King

Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
Smash, 28 is quite impressive. But have a look at Scouse Git’s site concerning the invasion earth succession game. In 20ad, the Russians and Americans have 13 cities, the Spanish 12 and the English 11. By the end of the second millenium, it could become quite impressive. Here’s the link : http://www.cms.livjm.ac.uk/wittgenst...th/Default.htm
The succession game is of course in the General Civ2 forum.

Old March 12, 2001, 07:00   #11
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Yes, further to Julius' post above - in 1400AD the Spanish have 33 cities and the next three civs have 26, 23 & 23 respectively - back on Alpha, our lads playing the Aliens have only amassed 15.

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven