Old August 30, 2001, 20:51   #1
RedArmy
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
City Size Freeze at 32 ! (Apolyton Pack 1.02)
I know I am dummy with this CTP2 game, but again I am facing a problem, my whole nation stops increasing its city size at 32.

I had Aqueduct, Hospital in every city, but no Aqua filter etc. The thing confuses me is how do I know if a city improvement is relavent to the city size, either break the max city size limit or give overcrowd relieve, and how these will affect the city size at all. For example, (from an old thread by Troll), here is a matrix:

Aquedect 14
Hospital 17
Arcologies 25
Aqua filter 28

does that mean if I get certain improvement on the left, then my city size can go beyond the number on the right? if so, what's the full list, and what the 'reducing overcrowd effect' does?

I have some other names:

Aqueduct
Hospital
Arcologies
Aqua Filter
Drug Store
Incubation
Body Exchange

is this the full list?

on the other hand, although I don't need to worry about it now, how to break the max city size of 60? there were a lot argues about this, but no one is clear enough for me to follow.

someone please help here
Old August 31, 2001, 08:18   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 14:57
That is the list that I took from the APOL_building.txt:

IMPROVE_AQUA_FILTER
IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT
IMPROVE_ARCOLOGIES

All of these buildings raises the max population by 14, base population is 18, so:

18 + 14 + 14 + 14 = 60

And 60 is the maximum population size that is possible in Apolyton Pack.

Overcrowding reduces the city grow's rate and causes unhappiness, Buildings that reduces the overcrowding effect are:

IMPROVE_AQUA_FILTER
IMPROVE_AQUEDUCT
IMPROVE_ARCOLOGIES
IMPROVE_BODY_EXCHANGE
IMPROVE_DRUG_STORE
IMPROVE_HOSPITAL
IMPROVE_INCUBATION_CENTER

To break the maximum city size of 60: You have to modify the text files: On the one hand there are the citysizeX.txt. (Six versions of that each refferes to one of the six levels of difficuilty. Modify in each of these files the entry Population under CITYSIZE_SIX { to a value beyond 60 of your choice. If you like you can also modify the BaseMaxPop and BaseOvercrowding entries.

Now go to the building.txt (APOL_building.txt for Apolyton Pack) and take a look on the buildings of the first list and compare them of the second list. Buildings of the first list have an entry like:

RaiseMaxPopulation 14

Buildings only members of the second list doesn't have this entry. So I would coppy the entry to the second list buildings and you should have four more buildings that increases the city size by 14 that should give you a max city size of 116, if you didn't modified rhe base pop entry in the citysizeX.txt.

-Martin
Old September 2, 2001, 19:32   #3
RedArmy
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:57
the only word I can say is: Fannnntastic! Mate!
thanks a lot Martin. good on you.