Old September 1, 2001, 02:22   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 13:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Big Carrack Attack
Playing MedMod2 and just having a great time. 12 races, Gigantic map, Very hard, with myself set to player 4. Ended up with a small continent which I shared with the brazilians, whome I extinquished back when charriots were cool. And then I was stuck - no way off.

By the time I created Cogs, the rest of the races had expanded pretty well, and I was in the middle of the pack. My first cog was loaded with diplomants, so I could start getting an idea where I stood. I was comperable to the big three. The Turks were actually the leader. I grabbed a couple of advances from them, and suddenly, they were killing a diplomat and the war was on.

Unlike most games I've played, this one had me hooked all the way through. I'd only gotten cogs, and suddenly a Turkish Carrack was sniffing about in my home waters. I threw the royal trireme fleet at them and managed to sink it, and worked as quicky as I could get make my own carracks.

Soon, the waters between Phoenician and Turkey were a battle ground. Galleys fighting galleys, carracks fighting carracks. He would even attack me from time to time, which was rather fun. Both sides were trying to ferry troops across, and he actually got eight units placed in my empire. Fortunatly, I managed to nail them before they'd fortified, but it was touch and go for a while.

I fell back to my old favorite - the cavalry raid. I managed to get my cav into his homeland and within a few turns, I'd burned out all his mines. Meanwhile, I'm gotten to culverns and was now sending them in (with troops, of course). I managed to lose an attack or two - his counter bombardment was pretty stiff. Finally I was able to outproduce him, and with four (!) galleys relaying forces across the small sea, we managed to finally crack one of his towns open and charge in (its so nice to have a handy spy to check out bombardment effects).

Anyway, I gotta say that I'm really enjoying the game. With a lot of established races, the end should be very interesting. And with barbarians set to maximum, there is a good reason to keep ones military vigilent.

Anyway, thanks to all the modders who put the time in so that I could have the game I'd actually purchased! Thanks!