Old June 11, 2000, 13:05   #1
wormie-2
Settler

Local Time: 22:39
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Civ2 Ultimate Classic Collection
Hi!
I just bought the "Ultimate Civilization Classic Collection" (including multiplayer, Conflicts and Fantastic Worlds).
Now I have a very simple question: the manual mentiones that it is possible to choose a portrait of my character before I start the game. But I can only change my name and the name of my civilization. Is the manual wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

Bye,

Christian boba.fett@jusos-waltrop.de
Old June 11, 2000, 17:22   #2
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 14:39
I think it means being able to pick civs,genders,city styles,titles,leader name etc.

I guess you could substitute actual pictures if you wanted to.The "leaders" pictures are in ART/P200 starting with 220.PICT.

Thats the MAC version but should be similiar in PC version-.PICT will be .GIF
[This message has been edited by Smash (edited June 11, 2000).]
Old June 19, 2000, 05:41   #3
DirkZelwis
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:39
Hello!
I have read that too, and I understood it as "you can choose your portrait for multiplayer games".
It's nice to see another german on a greek Forum!
Bye, Dirk
"Dirks and Daggers."
Old June 21, 2000, 05:33   #4
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, Idon't have UCCC... MicroProse/Hasbro/ whatever obviously didn't spend too much time on the multiplayer thing, or they just added the same old manuals.
The original plan was to allow people to choose their own portrait, but that was removed from the game (prior to v1.00). So you can't choose your portrait, in principle...

But, you can change the portraits if you want to. It's not easy, though. I recommend reading my own 'tutorial' about this matter as well Rune Berge's application for replacing the images.
In short: The king portraits are stored in the MK.DLL file you can find in your civ2 directory. Rune's application lets you access/change these images easily. Some notes however: you must maintain the size and palette of the original image.

Another note: This forum is not exactly Greek. One of the two webmasters (namely MarkG) happens to be Greek, while the other (DanQ) is Canadian. Furthermore, this site is a GameStats affiliate, which is an American gaming network as far as I know. And apart from that, there are loads of other Germans here too (not me, though)
[This message has been edited by Mercator (edited June 21, 2000).]