Old September 5, 2001, 22:31   #1
Pembleton
Prince

Local Time: 07:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New EB Release Date - 10/30
The wait was already killing me.

This doesn't surprise me since it just went beta in the last couple weeks (?) Taking into account the period between gold and actual release this date makes more sense. I hope it isn't any longer.

And I don't need to hear the "let them take their time" comments. This is Sid Meier and I'm not worried about a premature release.
Old September 5, 2001, 23:49   #2
tniem
King

Local Time: 08:06
I am worried about a premature release, one word, SMAC.

Besides remember, until Firaxis says a date or says were going gold, don't take that much notice. It is obvious the game will come out in about a month window from Oct 15 to Nov 15. So somewhere in their we will have it. So wait a little longer and forget about the newest release date.
Old September 6, 2001, 00:52   #3
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 09:06
SMAC, premature release? Uh... seeing as it was delayed no less than 3 times, I doubt it.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old September 6, 2001, 01:34   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 06:06
A November is more ideal in my opinion. It would give Firaxis a chance to spend more needed time in beta. The game will be very good whenever it's released but I believe that the later date it is released the less amount of kinks will be included. A late 2001 release is what I want, for more than one reason. A 2002 seems to be very unlikely, which I'm glad to see.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.