Old September 6, 2001, 19:11   #31
TechWins
King

Local Time: 06:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
That histograph is some of that fluff stuff that I've been hoping for.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old September 6, 2001, 21:37   #32
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 21:07
PGM, I noticed the skyscrapers too, I don't think they are minor wonders, but I am betting they appear, depending on the city's population, trade and culture.

Also notice some are totaly black? That might mean they are being built

Also, I notice a water pipe, instead of an aqueduct on the left hand side, and so that means this is the first modern shot we've seen yet.
Old September 6, 2001, 21:43   #33
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 21:07
I also notice that hills and obviously mountains too, can be seen from a distance.
Old September 6, 2001, 22:19   #34
TechWins
King

Local Time: 06:07
Quote:
Also, I notice a water pipe, instead of an aqueduct on the left hand side, and so that means this is the first modern shot we've seen yet
I think the skyscrapers are a dead give away that it's a modern shot compared to the water pipe.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old September 7, 2001, 00:03   #35
mactbone
Prince

Local Time: 08:07
Or how about that big monorail/railroad on the left? Think that's a clue?
Oh, and about the wonder animations, what would a Pyramid do after it's built? I think whoever said there is a small in-game animation when it's built is correct. I don't have the exact quote, but I remember when Firaxis was quoted as saying there are no wonder movies, they said something like "there are no wonder movies because that took the player out of the game, we've got computer..." I got the impression that the quote implied small Wonder animations.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old September 7, 2001, 03:13   #36
Lung
King

Local Time: 23:07
So where the bloody hell is the movie?!!?! The civfans website contains sweet f.a! You all go and get my hopes up and all i find is crap about anything but Civ3!!

Old September 7, 2001, 18:58   #37
PGM
Prince

Local Time: 13:07
I'm still kind of convinced that the skyscrapers are a minor Wonder, maybe the Wall Street wonder newly mentioned in civ3.com, which can be built after having constructed at least 5 banks. But I may be wrong...
Old September 7, 2001, 19:12   #38
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 14:07
Quote:
Originally posted by PGM
I'm still kind of convinced that the skyscrapers are a minor Wonder, maybe the Wall Street wonder newly mentioned in civ3.com, which can be built after having constructed at least 5 banks. But I may be wrong...
I support your guess PGM: can be right or wrong, but seems plausible

BTW, with this kind of limits imposed for small wonders (5 banks for Wall Street, 5 SAM for SDI, etc.) they are unavailable for OCC strategist (I never had the nuts to try it )
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith
Old September 7, 2001, 21:27   #39
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:07
You can just download the movie from the apolyton civ3 site.