Old September 7, 2001, 02:47   #1
Mister Pleasant

How does the AI place Tile Imps?
How does the AI place tile imps?
I am thinking of doing the following.
Replace Farm improvements and Trade improvements with a single category of improvements that raise both food and commerce. So

Farm and Trading post - replaced by Village (using TP picture)
Adv. Farm and Mall - replaced by Suburbs (using Mall pic)
HydroFarm and Preserve - replaced by Habitat (using preserve pic).

Can I just cut the farm improvements, alter ImprovementList.txt to reflect this fact, and then redesign the commerce improvements to be commerce/food imps. Or does the computer insist on building 'farm' improvements?

Also, how does the computer determine which picture to associate with which tile improvement? Could I just set the stats for Adv. Farms and Malls equal, use the Mall pic for both, and name both imps 'suburbs'?

Anyone know? I figure the best way to get the AI to build commerce improvements is to merge the farm and commerce improvements together into a sort of "minor village" imp with the trade post icon, and so on.

Old September 7, 2001, 08:52   #2
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I have no idea on how to change/add new tile improvement sprites. The best thing really is to add bonus food to the Trade improvements, rename them and take the farms out of the Improvementlist.txt. I do think that by taking off the farms out of the tile improvement list will reflect the in the game.

It seems a good idea since there is only one list for both. yet i do get more annoyed with the Terraforming.
There was a thread where it was made a code to solve it but i could not get it to work . i even think i got a testing one . Could someone give that code to me? I really wanted to have it.
-Jean Rostand
Old September 7, 2001, 18:10   #3
Cube
Warlord

Local Time: 06:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Wes added a food bonus to the commerce improvements in medmod 2, but it doesn't seem to work. As I said in a previous post I think the commerce improvements were never properly implemented into the game. So far the AI only builds them on swamps, tundra, and deserts. I think this is as far as the programmers got before those bastards at activision made them release the game to early. They learned their leason though. MWAHAHAHA MWAHAHAHA MWAHAHAHA !!!!!

In order to do this you should get tile edit and replace the farm pictures with the commerce pictures. The stats for tile improvements are in tileimp.txt. There you can change the stats for the farm. You could also add a commerce bonus to the farm and leave the commerce improvements , 5, 10, and 15 would be OK for all 3 farms.

Pedrunn,

That post was started by me. You should have keep reading it we finally got it working that's why the post died. this code takes all the sorrounding trees(except the one with goods) from the first radius and makes them grassland, and tries to terraform the res t of the trees in the second radius everytime the city grows beyond 2. At first it was supposed to give enough PW to cut them(600), but that didn't work right, it gave to much pw, so I got rid of it.

note: this also works for the human player.

well here's the file:
Attached Files:
File Type: slc treecutters.slc (5.6 KB, 6 views)