Old September 8, 2001, 11:16   #31
Zanzin
Prince

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
hey, we should all be happy - finally a modern age screenshot!!

I'm imagining that they did all the art progressively - i.e. ancient age first, and so on - so I assume that the modern age graphics are still getting fixed up and what not.

Anyway - much happiness - the modern age looks *pretty* good
Old September 9, 2001, 13:45   #32
java4me
Warlord

Local Time: 05:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Zanzin

I'm imagining that they did all the art progressively - i.e. ancient age first, and so on - so I assume that the modern age graphics are still getting fixed up and what not.
I think that you are right, and that they are still tweaking the modern era. I bet you that the roads are still going to be tweaked up, and that the irragation will also be tweaked up.

One other thing, there probably is farmland, it is just this person didn't want to build it yet, or he didn't get that advancement yet.

Or maybe, this is an older photo of the modern age and Firaxis has already manipulated it and will show the manipulated version of it at a later time!!! All in all, I think that the game is getting a whole lot better!!!
Old September 9, 2001, 20:24   #33
PGM
Prince

Local Time: 13:08
Maybe it isn't from real gameplay. It could even be much older than one might expect. So let's not waste time and effort jumping to conclusions. Let's face it, we're talking about something we still know very little about. Give it time.

About the small amount of forest in the shot, again, it's probably not from real gameplay. But it could be the result of workers. In CIV2, my forests were long gone by the time I got tanks.

As for being able to see which of your own units is fortified inside a city, I think that won't be just with tanks. First, because that wouldn't make much sense. Second, I recall watching screens showing spearmen (from the outside) fortified as well.