Old September 8, 2001, 02:28   #61
mactbone
Prince

Local Time: 08:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Do you think EVERY COMPANY GIVES A SH*T ABOUT A FORUM? I think the limted amount of time they've spent here was more than anyone could've hoped for. Civ is their job, obviously they're either here because of that, or they really like what they do. I can't understand why everyone on this forum expects Firaxis to basically post a manual on this forum. It ain't gonna happen. You will get whatever morsels you get, from the website, or from a preview. Or at least that's how most games work. You guys got spoiled somehow and need to get back to reality. You don't get to read half of the book before you buy it, you don't get all your questions responded to on Friday night/through the weekend. 'Nuff said.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old September 8, 2001, 02:36   #62
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 09:11
I don't expect Firaxis to post a manual. As you say, it is their choice to give us 'morsels.' Though they are charging the price of a meal, no?

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old September 8, 2001, 02:38   #63
korn469
Emperor

MacTBone

i don't think anyone expects firaxis to chill out in here, but firaxis has the same responsibility that all companies have and that is to satisfy the customer...these forums are just one really easy way for firaxis to get some feedback

customers ultimately pay the bills, so unless you have a (illegal) monopoly like microsoft then you had better keep the people who buy your products happy...if you don't they won't buy your goods and your company goes bankrupt, so it is in everyone's best interest to make sure that civ3 is great, if the customers are happy and they buy a ton of copies then both infogrames and firaxis will be happy...if the customers are disappointed then sooner or later it will catch up to them

look at interplay and draw your own conclusions
Old September 8, 2001, 02:41   #64
tniem
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MacTBone
Do you think EVERY COMPANY GIVES A SH*T ABOUT A FORUM? I think the limted amount of time they've spent here was more than anyone could've hoped for.
No I don't think they care about the forum and yes I agree they have posted more than they could have.

But that is not the point. If this is all true, they lied to gamers everywhere. They didn't say on this forum they were making a great game with MP, they said it on their website. They could have the curteousy to let us know on their website that hey we made a mistake, MP is not going to be ready this fall. So were going to release an expansion in May and give us some type of detail. Cost or just a patch that will be free - tell us something.

When Blizzard decided that they weren't going to be finished with WarCraft III this fall, they immediately posted it on their website. They delayed the game.

That is what a quality company does. That is what a company that cares about their customers does.

I am not even mad that MP is not going to be in or that they lied but that they are going to release a nonfinished game and charge me $50 and then $25 more just to get what I should have. This is just plain ridiculous to me. And I don't want to put up with it.

Again this has nothing to do with this Forum. It has to do with the concept and with talking to your customers on your own website. In any other case if a company lied to me, promised something than didn't deliver, and released a non-finished product I wouldn't stand for it. I would not work with them again or I would return the product. Why should a $50 video game be any different?
Old September 8, 2001, 02:56   #65
mactbone
Prince

As you said, the no MP is not on the website. There is no hard proof. It's not stated in any magazine. The only pproof we have is an e-mail recieved by someone on this forum. In my eyes that is not good enough. I'll believe it when either a preview or their website tells me it's not in. What would happen if someone started a rumor (dang it, I started to spell it rumour, stinkin' Brits ) that Civ3 was being shotdown because too much money was already spilled into, but instead of just letting it go, they're calling the Beta a full version.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old September 8, 2001, 03:05   #66
korn469
Emperor

MacTBone

i think we all agree here that firaxis needs to confirm if MP is going to be in civ3 or not, up until now i think the standard responce has been something like "we haven't worked the details for multiplayer out yet, but we are looking at doing some new exciting things"