Old September 10, 2001, 05:28   #31
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 15:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by korn469
that proves my entire point, the quality of the game and not the time of year it came out determines how good it will be
ok, but if they can have the SP part done now, i want it now

Quote:
firaxis is a two team outfit, they will find something for them to do, and it won't be civ3 it will be another game
that's just an assumption

perhaps they actually dont want to ruin their reputation?

Quote:
if it was part of the promised game it would be in the box when i first open it (2 business days after amazon.com gets it)
or things didnt go perfectly timewise, and they choose to do thing this way....

Quote:
besides that though, where is the economic incentive to add in MP free of charge?
if they come out and say that you'll have to pay even more to get MP, they'll loose lots of sales. how's that for economic incentive?
Old September 10, 2001, 05:46   #32
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 08:13
Quote:
that's just an assumption

perhaps they actually dont want to ruin their reputation?
reputation or not, they are a two game company and they unless they lay off people they will continue to make two games at the same time, plus since many of those working on SimGolf don't know the intricacies of the Civ3 code it could be a case of too many cooks spoil the soup

Quote:
if they can have the SP part done now, i want it now
if when you say done, you mean perfectly polished, then i too agree it'd be nice to have it now, but if when you say done, you mean a lack of any major system crashes then i can wait

Quote:
if they come out and say that you'll have to pay even more to get MP, they'll loose lots of sales. how's that for economic incentive?
well i think you are being overly optimistic about this, cuz if MP is coming out May-ish i think it will be part of the expansion, but at least you realize that MP is an important and standard part of a startegy game that does generate sales

but i don't want to pay extra for MP but i want it to work properly, and to be finely balanced
Old September 10, 2001, 06:02   #33
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 15:13
Quote:
Originally posted by korn469
reputation or not, they are a two game company and they unless they lay off people they will continue to make two games at the same time, plus since many of those working on SimGolf don't know the intricacies of the Civ3 code it could be a case of too many cooks spoil the soup
we dont know for sure. perhaps some of the programmers worked on both games.

Quote:
if when you say done, you mean perfectly polished, then i too agree it'd be nice to have it now, but if when you say done, you mean a lack of any major system crashes then i can wait
i mean the first thing of course...

Quote:
well i think you are being overly optimistic about this, cuz if MP is coming out May-ish i think it will be part of the expansion,
well, i dont recall a company announcing an expansion pack with the multiplayer features before the actual game is released.

Quote:
but i don't want to pay extra for MP but i want it to work properly, and to be finely balanced
amazing, we agree on that!
Old September 10, 2001, 06:14   #34
korn469
Emperor

Quote:
amazing, we agree on that!
actually mark, i have always been for civ3 coming out when it was finished, and i mean polished to perfection, i don't complain just to be complaing and i have no vested interest in civ3 being delayed, i want it to be out as soon as possible and i don't mind if there is a patch or six, but i do want firaxis to put their best effort into making civ3 be the best TBS game ever

to me when you take all of the things together that we have heard about civ3 it really has the apperance that infogrames is demanding that firaxis get the game to retail by christmas...if MP does get added in as part of the expansion pack i am sure that there was a person from the marketing team at infogrames behind that decision...i know that MP had to be part of the design doc, and firaxis has always prototyped early and often so i don't understand how MP got months behind...just exactly how many pages of the list were dedicated to MP?

unless civ3 will ship with lan, PBEM, and internet play then later on they will add in some new form of MP, like a persistant world or something

plus this could all just be a rumor, and if we were playing a demo right about now, i doubt any of us would be complaining about civ3 being rushed out the door, so many of us are on edge until something proves us wrong
Old September 10, 2001, 11:46   #35
genghisvick
Chieftain

hey everyone checkout my forum at delphi.

http://forums.delphi.com/PowerUser/start